Kodi Community Forum
Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=105168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 15:43)tim619 Wrote: @Spinalcrack

thx for your work on this, but since years I (and many others) am looking for a way to not rip but just copy a dvd to iso or folder in xbmc, because its much more quick and requires not as much
hardware. could you pls make a script for copying a dvd using dvddecrypter? although i couldnt find on google it should has parameters to run automated with custom options like copy without menu or extras (ripit4me uses parameters on dvddecrypter).

thanks

When I get some free time I can try and take a look at it, but dvddecrypter hasn't had development since 2005. So I am a little reluctant to add it to AutoRipDVD. I'll take a look though and see what I can do.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - tim619 - 2012-08-23

i know this but it works perfect on latest dvds (my sister bought last week) and all dvds ive tested yet it did without probs.

e: thank you very much!

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-08-23

(2012-08-23, 16:23)tim619 Wrote: i know this but it works perfect on latest dvds (my sister bought last week) and all dvds ive tested yet it did without probs.

Alright, I'll take a look for you when I get a chance. It shouldn't be too tough to modify my script for it to work.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - kaffekask - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-23, 15:43)tim619 Wrote: @Spinalcrack

thx for your work on this, but since years I (and many others) am looking for a way to not rip but just copy a dvd to iso or folder in xbmc, because its much more quick and requires not as much
hardware. could you pls make a script for copying a dvd using dvddecrypter? although i couldnt find on google it should has parameters to run automated with custom options like copy without menu or extras (ripit4me uses parameters on dvddecrypter).

thanks

e: all parameters are in the readme.txt after setup install

My first thought was WHY? Huh
And the second was why?

So I've to ask, why do you wan't it copied to disk as ISO or VIDEO_TS folders?

Spinalcracks solution is superior that, just use MakeMKV and don't use Handbrake.

The only reason to have DVD structure is that you like intros, menus and watch the extra material.

I've used DVD Decrypter for al long time and never found out how to script it, but I'm interesting if it's doable since I use it on those rare occasions that MakeMKV can't rip the DVD. I rip them manually with DVD Decrypter as raw files and then I use mkvmerge to get them in MKV's (with a script of course Big Grin).

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - tim619 - 2012-08-25

i've already told, because it takes houres to reencode the films and i dont want to spent that much time in saving a movie.
I have ENOUGH free space on my hdds.
"The only reason to have DVD structure is that you like intros, menus and watch the extra material."
-Exactly, you got it!

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - AaronG85 - 2012-08-26

Has this ever been considered to be integrated into XBMC or because it uses external programs it cant be?

But love this idea and once i get my new box ill defiantly be using this so thanks

(Added +1 to your rep)

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - tim619 - 2012-08-28

they didnt like it because of copyright on dvds but libdvdss is included in xbmc packet

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-26, 05:16)AaronG85 Wrote: Has this ever been considered to be integrated into XBMC or because it uses external programs it cant be?

But love this idea and once i get my new box ill defiantly be using this so thanks

(Added +1 to your rep)

Thanks Aaron! Big Grin

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - kaffekask - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-25, 18:06)tim619 Wrote: i've already told, because it takes houres to reencode the films and i dont want to spent that much time in saving a movie.
I have ENOUGH free space on my hdds.
And I wrote just use MakeMKV and don't use Handbrake.

MakeMKV doesn't reencode, it just copies the streams to a MKV file so it depends on your optical drive how many minutes it takes.

(2012-08-25, 18:06)tim619 Wrote: "The only reason to have DVD structure is that you like intros, menus and watch the extra material."
-Exactly, you got it!

Ok, that's another thing, the intros and extra material you can rip to MKV files, but the navigation in menus you can't get with this solution.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 22:52)kaffekask Wrote: Ok, that's another thing, the intros and extra material you can rip to MKV files, but the navigation in menus you can't get with this solution.

Ya just set the min time in AutoRipDVD.bat to something very small and it will rip everything. It doesn't do the menus, but because most people using XBMC, prefer to navigate files with the XBMC menus rather than the disc menus it usually isn't a big deal for most.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - hewskie - 2012-08-29

Hi Spinal, me again with another problem. The program stopped working all of a sudden and it took me a whole day to realize my MakeMKV program had expired. I go ahead and redownload a copy and it works again! Only now, every time it rips a dvd it names both the folder and mkv file "Echo is on".

Not a huge problem as I can change them manually through the network, however I can only rip one at a time now as it wont work if the "Echo is on" folder already exists

I deleted the AutoRipDVD folder entirely and reinstalled, checked all the settings in the .bat file a few times but I can't seem to find the problem. Any Ideas?

This is all with Handbrake set to Off

Thanks!

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-29, 05:12)hewskie Wrote: Hi Spinal, me again with another problem. The program stopped working all of a sudden and it took me a whole day to realize my MakeMKV program had expired. I go ahead and redownload a copy and it works again! Only now, every time it rips a dvd it names both the folder and mkv file "Echo is on".

Not a huge problem as I can change them manually through the network, however I can only rip one at a time now as it wont work if the "Echo is on" folder already exists

I deleted the AutoRipDVD folder entirely and reinstalled, checked all the settings in the .bat file a few times but I can't seem to find the problem. Any Ideas?

This is all with Handbrake set to Off

Thanks!

I don't know what you mean by, your MakeMKV program had expired? It's a free program. I would double check all your paths at the top of AutoRipDVD.bat. Usually if they are incorrect, the echo is on issue happens.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - kaffekask - 2012-08-29

No, MakeMKV isn't a free program, it's free as long it's a beta and will be free for DVD rip after that.

It's a 30 day trial version you install which is reset for every update of the program.
If there is no update in 30 days you'll need a beta key.

Here you can get the beta key:
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - Spinalcrack - 2012-08-29

Oh wow, I didn't realize they had put in a beta key requirement. I got a full version a while ago.

RE: One Button DVD/BluRay Ripping using a Launcher from within XBMC - tim619 - 2012-08-29

@kaffekask

I tried MakeMKV, but it just puts the dvd files in a MKV container so there is no difference between freeware dvd decrypter unless
you can run dvddecrypter automated. handbrake can copy dvd too but without css decrypting. i heard that its possible with libdvdcss
(which is included in xbmc) maybe spinalcrack could take a look if i am right