Kodi Community Forum
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

- thezoggy - 2011-08-08

bean_ian Wrote:WOW! That is some excellent testing & feedback lads, thanks a million.

From looking at the error logs 90% of the issues are around OutOfMemory errors when attempting to display the banners.
As zoggy said the images im pulling are coming from sickbeard and are full size.
I should be able to scale them down in code before caching them to SD but it will affect the quality and might not look as good in landscape mode/on tablets.
The only problem is this will not remedy the slow download issue. If you have a slow upload speed on your line you WILL hit performance issues(if your not using WiFi).
A solution to this is grab the images from the TVDB directly as opposed to the users server.
I'll look into this and see if this approach provides any benefits. I dont think the TVDB provides anyway to download low res banners though.

the images that sb gets are from tvdb... so nothing would change.. probably be slower if anything. really the only solution is to pull the user images over when on wifi... resize and store on device at a much smaller resolution...

- bean_ian - 2011-08-08

thezoggy Wrote:the images that sb gets are from tvdb... so nothing would change.. probably be slower if anything. really the only solution is to pull the user images over when on wifi... resize and store on device at a much smaller resolution...

Yeah thought as much, although id rather not restrict what the user can and cant do, for instance i have a 10mb up line and over 3g my 22 banner images download in under 30 seconds. I'm sure there are other users out there in the same boat so i dont want to unnecessarily restrict the download to WiFi only.
The reasoning for using the TVDB was to remove the users upload line speed from the equation. Regardless of what i'm doing in the code if there line speed is slow the images will take ages to download. Grabbing the images from the TVDB will be much faster(I suspect).
All this of course is irrelevant if the user is using a local ip address to connect to their box.

- iDude - 2011-08-08

How about making it optional to download the images only when a Wifi connection is available? I wouldn't sacrifice quality over speed since the download only happens once and then the images get cached anyway.

----

So far I have only tested sickbeard and everything is running smoothly. Occasionally when opening a show or refreshing the list it crashes and sends me back to the homescreen (It says it's sending you a crash report each time this happens).

Also as previously mentionend there needs to be some kind of fallback for missing banners. Currently I have 3 shows which only display the sickbeard default banner and no other indication as to what show this is.

I couldn't test Couchpotato yet because I haven't used it in a while and I think I'm running a pretty old version. I'll test it as soon as I'm back from work.

Otherwise I'm really impressed by the new Interface. It's really smooth and the bannerview looks amazing.
Keep up the great work!

- Adeiko - 2011-08-08

Some opinions (not bugs) or the 0.4 beta:

- Change the font from TV Shows / coming episodes to a lesser one (like the Google Docs/Google+ app) then Coming episodes will be shown and do not have a rare change when yo go from coming episodes to TV shows.

- When you click the Sickbeard/Couchpotato logo it is marked in something like chalkboard or grey? Is is normal? A glow is more usual instead of this, it seems like an error.

- When you enter Sickbeard, it stops getting your sickbeard TV shows.... loding bar. Can you make it load the cached version, and when it finishes loading reload it? It's frustrating when you enter after goung out to check sabnzbd wait 5 or 10 seconds again to reload everything without you can do nothing.

- Can you put sickbeard/coupotato logo icons like MediaDog icon is in the start page on top?

- Couchpotato movie description is justified to bot, and it lets too much space between title and the plot.

- Couchpotato movie info, the Movie Icon is a little small, no not know if it's because MIUI, or because the pop-up. Maybe it's better instead of a popup with movie inf / delete / force search when you click a movie, enter in his page showing the movie info + poster and a little opions with delete / search.

Still pending the in tvshow redesign with something like a banner like the mockups shown before or something more eyecandy.

But after all, really impressed with this update! Good work mate!

- hermy65 - 2011-08-08

on the new .4 beta when i open sickbeard it loads a couple banners then throws 2 errors logs your way and then closes sickbeard. CP works fine, SAB just has a spinning circle so not sure on that one as ive forgotten to check the SAB portion with mediadog in past versions.

- bnevets27 - 2011-08-09

I've experienced the same error as has been mentioned when opening sick beard and mediadog has to download so banners.

Love the new UI! It is a little bothersome when scrolling up and down it is easy to accidentally move left and right. Seems to me like the sensitivity on how perfectly straight you move you finger up and down is a little high. Hope you can understand what I mean, If not let me know.

As far as the banner download time. I did mine over wifi and it was very quick of course. I wouldn't worry too much about wifi only/thetvdb etc. Just point out that it is best to get the banners into cache over a wifi connection.

I would like the option to use poster instead of banners because its actually quick for me to read the name compared to recognizing the banners. But the banners to look nice. Just putting it out there.

- IOERROR - 2011-08-09

I found an issue with the banner views. If the TV show doesn't have a banner (new shows that haven't come out yet) it just shows a stock SickBeard banner. The problem is you have no clue what show it is. Can you change the stock banner to have the show name on it?

- sugs - 2011-08-09

New error found:

Maybe its because i added exta series or its because i went over 100,
but the series list wont load all images and i hit an error. It almost gets there but i think it just runs out of memory..

This one really is a problem for me now :-(

- IOERROR - 2011-08-10

These are photos of my Viewsonic G-Tab running Honeycomb 3.1.

In this photo you can see what I mean about not knowing what show it is.

Here you can see the text getting cut off at the bottom. Not a big deal but I thought I would show you.

- kruykaze - 2011-08-10

IOERROR Wrote:These are photos of my Viewsonic G-Tab running Honeycomb 3.1.

In this photo you can see what I mean about not knowing what show it is.

Here you can see the text getting cut off at the bottom. Not a big deal but I thought I would show you.
[img]

Adding a banner to thetvdb would fix that problem for you and others that watch that show.

- Paraffin - 2011-08-12

I think a warning on initial install and setup that it is advised to be on a wifi connection for the initial sync should do it.

I would prefer a smaller banner file size to increase loading speed...

I think this is already my favourite Android App, I am glad someone finally picked Android to develop on first over iOS... when you do make the iOS version please charge them Smile

- ahoslc - 2011-08-12

Anyway I can get the beta 4 am currently connect to Media dog inside the network I have all port forwarding setup and would like to access it outside the network.

- sugs - 2011-08-12

If you have all your ports forwards set up. Then in all u only need your external ip to connect. You can find that on your router in all likelyness ;-)

- ahoslc - 2011-08-12

sugs Wrote:If you have all your ports forwards set up. Then in all u only need your external ip to connect. You can find that on your router in all likelyness ;-)

I am aware of that and it does not work. I read in this topic that it's a known issue with windows users. That's the reason I asked for the new beta .

- sugs - 2011-08-12

It works over here but i'm running a linux version.

what does your current network setup look like?