Kodi Community Forum
Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android MediaDog 0.9.1(18/03/13)-WIDGET!!Couchpotato(V1&V2),Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd (/showthread.php?tid=105712)

- bean_ian - 2011-09-28

ferrytale Wrote:I try to acces it over my network and for as far as I know my router does not block the ports.

Can you access your sickbeard & couchpotato instances via the web browser on your phone?
My wife's network operator blocks traffic on certain port meaning she cant access SickBeard using my app or her web browser.

Check this and let me know how you get on

- ferrytale - 2011-09-28

I can't get access to sickbeard via the webbrowser on my phone as well.

bean_ian Wrote:Can you access your sickbeard & couchpotato instances via the web browser on your phone?
My wife's network operator blocks traffic on certain port meaning she cant access SickBeard using my app or her web browser.

Check this and let me know how you get on

- bean_ian - 2011-09-28

ferrytale Wrote:I can't get access to sickbeard via the webbrowser on my phone as well.
Ok well then that seems to be the problem, either you have port forwarding setup incorrectly ( if using a public url to get to SB) or your network is blocking the port.
Try it on wifi and 3g and see if the results differ

- ferrytale - 2011-09-28

I have tried it over WiFi and 3g both doesn't work.
Where can I see if portforwarding setup is wrong?
And how can I see if my network is blocking the port?

bean_ian Wrote:Ok well then that seems to be the problem, either you have port forwarding setup incorrectly ( if using a public url to get to SB) or your network is blocking the port.
Try it on wifi and 3g and see if the results differ

- bean_ian - 2011-09-28

ferrytale Wrote:I have tried it over WiFi and 3g both doesn't work.
Where can I see if portforwarding setup is wrong?
And how can I see if my network is blocking the port?

if it doesnt work over WiFi that rules out an issue with your network blocking the port. It is much more likely that you have your DNS entry setup incorrectly or the port forwarding on your router is incorrect.
Google your router name & "port forwarding" for instructions on how to set it up correctly

- ferrytale - 2011-09-28

Okay I will Google to find out the portforwarding issue.
But can you give me an example of what an DNS entry exactly is?
Is this the ip adress that you have to fill in in the settings of mediadog?

bean_ian Wrote:if it doesnt work over WiFi that rules out an issue with your network blocking the port. It is much more likely that you have your DNS entry setup incorrectly or the port forwarding on your router is incorrect.
Google your router name & "port forwarding" for instructions on how to set it up correctly

- jamesdew - 2011-09-28

Great work bean_ian, I bought from android market to support you, you may have received a few hundred error reports from me while I tried to figure out why it didn't work. I have found out now and of course I have a feature request.
I have mounted my sickbeard using an apache location and changed my web root to /sickbeard, this means I can access mydomain/sickbeard which also means I only need to authenticate on apache, I dont have authentication issues when I am at home on my wifi and also I only need to open one port on my router.

However there is no way to define this in your app, I can see that you have tried to make the UI as user friendly as possible to create the URL string for users and I commend you for this. However, I would request that you allow an "advanced user" mode where we can specify the whole url manually. I think this is probably easier than you trying to accommodate every combination of network configs each user might have.

so I just want to be able to say

sabnzbd url - enter url
sickbeard URL - enter URL
couch potato url - enter url

I have the same setup and issue with sabnzbd, but actually not couch potato because it uses absolute references which means you cant change the web root or none of the internal links work.

Thanks for creating this fantastic app, I am not a developer but I am a network/red hat engineer and happy to help in any way I can if you need it. I also have lots of android devices if you need testing, I have a HTC desire, a galaxy S2 & an archos 7.

If I could slip in one more feature request it would be SxxExx numbers in the episode lists

Thanks again!

- ferrytale - 2011-09-28

It still doesn't work for me I have tried everything,portforwarding etc but all doesn't solve the problem for me.

Can you tell me what ip adress I should enter in the settings screen?

gahh - jamesdew - 2011-09-29

OK Couchpotato & sickbeard working great now, just sabnzbd doesn't. Other sab queue viewers work fine from my phone.

I even ran a wireshark trace, I can see the http get, it looks fine as does the 200ok and sab returns data, I can see it in the trace, the queue just doesn't display.

Any way I can get the logs the app outputs?

- jamesdew - 2011-09-29

ferrytale Wrote:It still doesn't work for me I have tried everything,portforwarding etc but all doesn't solve the problem for me.

Can you tell me what ip adress I should enter in the settings screen?

Have you ever tried accessing sickbeard/sabnzbd from any other computer other than the one is is running on? Maybe you set it up only to listen on localhost? Or maybe you have some local firewall software which is creating an issue. If you cant access the web UI from your browser then your issues has nothing to do with configuring this application.

- ferrytale - 2011-09-29

I am really a noob in this stuff.
I have tried to access sickbeard through the webbrowser of my phone and that did not work.
The adress is http:// localhost:8081/home and that did not work.
The firewall is not an issue for as far as I know,I have switched them off with no result.

jamesdew Wrote:Have you ever tried accessing sickbeard/sabnzbd from any other computer other than the one is is running on? Maybe you set it up only to listen on localhost? Or maybe you have some local firewall software which is creating an issue. If you cant access the web UI from your browser then your issues has nothing to do with configuring this application.

- jamesdew - 2011-09-29

ferrytale Wrote:I am really a noob in this stuff.
I have tried to access sickbeard through the webbrowser of my phone and that did not work.
The adress is http:// localhost:8081/home and that did not work.
The firewall is not an issue for as far as I know,I have switched them off with no result.

Localhost refers to the machine you are on currently, that is trying to load a webpage hosted on your phone.

You need to know the IP address of the machine you are running sickbeard on. if it is a windows machine you can get this from a command prompt by typing ipconfig.

- ferrytale - 2011-09-29

I have done that and at default gateway it says 192.168.1.xxx

jamesdew Wrote:Localhost refers to the machine you are on currently, that is trying to load a webpage hosted on your phone.

You need to know the IP address of the machine you are running sickbeard on. if it is a windows machine you can get this from a command prompt by typing ipconfig.

- jamesdew - 2011-09-29

ferrytale Wrote:I have done that and at default gateway it says 192.168.1.xxx

IP address is the one you want not the default gateway

- ferrytale - 2011-09-29

Okay that is what I have done my ip adress is 192.168.1.2

Now in the settings of MediaDog I have put this ip adress but it says you have to put the ip adress and then the hostname with :.

What does that mean?

jamesdew Wrote:IP address is the one you want not the default gateway