Kodi Community Forum
[MAC] New Thunderbolt Mac Mini! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Mac OS X (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Thread: [MAC] New Thunderbolt Mac Mini! (/showthread.php?tid=105915)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- bombart - 2011-09-19

davilla Wrote:"lots of options", and that's the problem. you present too many option to novices and they get confused and move on to something else. Our GUI is already filled with too many confusing options.

Most users just want to play their content and not spend time tweaking it. I know the WAF would plummet if hubby spent 5-10 mins before each showing, tweaking it.

What's the official news on this Davilla? Is switching to 24p supported on the MAC (or switching framerates to match video)?

- davilla - 2011-09-19

bombart Wrote:What's the official news on this Davilla? Is switching to 24p supported on the MAC (or switching framerates to match video)?

That topic has been covered many time other threads. Short answer, not for this next release. Please review the other threads as to the why.

- bombart - 2011-09-19

davilla Wrote:That topic has been covered many time other threads. Short answer, not for this next release. Please review the other threads as to the why.

Will do, thanks!

- prophetizer - 2011-09-23

i don't understand why. XBMC is a really nice media player, you would think a priority would be playing the media correctly

- davilla - 2011-09-23

prophetizer Wrote:i don't understand why. XBMC is a really nice media player, you would think a priority would be playing the media correctly

learn to code, then you will understand.

- prophetizer - 2011-09-26

davilla Wrote:learn to code, then you will understand.

that i understand, maybe not in python, but i do know. you just stated that it wasn't a priority, this statement is what i don't understand. or maybe i don't know why it isn't a priority that is throwing me off, because it's simply extremely difficult to do in OS X? is it even possible? i'm just very curious is all. i think if this is the reason, it should still be on the priority list because we all like when our videos play properly, and this is XBMC's main function. i'm not saying if it is a priority it should be done like next week or anything.

- davilla - 2011-09-26

It's not a priority because it requires an very large amount of refactoring of the windowing code for osx to match how ios does it. This refactoring also hits event handling and display settings. In other words, I'm not going to hack it in to work. It's not an easy job to do it right and will take several weeks of work.

- prophetizer - 2011-09-27

ok, thanks for the update, i appreciate it

- phrehdd - 2011-09-30

davilla Wrote:"lots of options", and that's the problem. you present too many option to novices and they get confused and move on to something else. Our GUI is already filled with too many confusing options.

Most users just want to play their content and not spend time tweaking it. I know the WAF would plummet if hubby spent 5-10 mins before each showing, tweaking it.

Hi Davilla, I am somewhat in the mind frame that making demands or criticisms without providing some real thought for solution is simply bottom drawer thus my offering.

We agree that GUI should be "easy" and not confusing. My suggestion would perhaps be a screen unto itself and considered an advance mode or setting. I really do appreciate the fine work that goes on and unless someone has done programming, they will not know the challenges and hard work involved. I have not done any real programming in years and most of it was REXX in the days of OS/2 which is more of event driven scripting (thus the reference to stuffing variables into command line).

I guess collecting data on files doesn't take much space and being able to access that data in the future may have value. I'll stop here and say again, thanks to you and others for consideration.

I'm coming home... - ix400 - 2011-10-03

... to Mac OS (probably).

A couple of months ago I had to move my 6-core MacPro from the living room to a different room. Hence, I was looking for an alternative XBMC box. I ended up with a Win7 box and was quite pleased at the very beginning (mainly because of the automatic refresh rate switching). But after using that thing for a couple of weeks now, I'm thinking of returning to a Mac (or maybe an Xtreamer with openelec; not to bad either). I simply feel like a traitor every time I boot into windows...

So, after reading this thread, did I understand correctly that

1. ...the perfect Thunderbolt XBMC-MacMini is the one with AMD graphics and i5 CPU?

2. ...there is no need for the additional i7 power? 2.5GHz i5 is enough?

3. ...the Mini with intel graphics has 24p problems?

4. ...the AMD graphics Mini in principle can do HD-Audio; as for now only under Win7?

5. ... there is a chance that automatic refresh rate switching will be implemented in Frodo?

I love Mac OS X and I don't like windows. Smile

Chris

- shremi - 2011-10-04

Im kinda torn also between the base mini and building myself an HTPC with the new Llano Cpus .

Is the refresh rate problem real badHuh? Can it be solved by booting the machine directly in to windows Huh

Thanks

Shremi

- Ned Scott - 2011-10-05

shremi Wrote:Im kinda torn also between the base mini and building myself an HTPC with the new Llano Cpus .

Is the refresh rate problem real badHuh? Can it be solved by booting the machine directly in to windows Huh

Thanks

Shremi

It's not bad at all. Most people will never notice it.

- prophetizer - 2011-10-05

i do, and it annoys me. so i install windows 7 on a boot camp partition, but stupid mac won't boot now into windows with my external drives connected lol, i can't win.

- shremi - 2011-10-05

BTW have you guys have seen the dual drive kit that sells on ifixit Huh? If get this mac then i would go for it for sure then you can have a dual boot system if you want to or add a SSD for faster speeds.

But i am still debating between this Mac or bulding myself one with the new Llano series.

- ix400 - 2011-10-05

I just ordered the ATI i5 Mac Mini. I hope I won't regret it.

Chris