Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- SilverJS - 2011-11-17

samurai07 Wrote:Hi SilverJS,
to ensure we are talking about the same thing: Is this what you mean?

Samurai,

Yes! This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. =) I can get my cursor to the first actor, but cannot scroll. What do you press to make this happen?!?

Also, regarding the Fusion APU - My understanding is that although the chip can indeed bitstream HD audio over HDMI, XBMC doesn't even support that! Isn't that right...?

Couple more questions, silly ones mostly :

1. The skin opens with "TV Shows" as the default selection. Can I change that to "Movies"?
2. Aeon Nox had a nice feature in its Movies submenu (and TV Shows too, maybe). That is, if, in the main menu, you selected Movies and pressed down arrow, one of the options was "Update", which I think was really nice. Any way to change the options there, or the text? (For example : Change "Recently Added" to "Latest"?)

Again, extremely minor quibbles. Thanks for the answers so far!!!

Viewtypes in Video-Menu and AddOns-Menu - Parker_Payne - 2011-11-17

Gents,

Besides my well populated Movie and TV-Shows Menu section, I sometime use the Video Menu to view 'temporary' video files (documentaries, trailer, tv-recordings, etc.). But from my perspective none of the current available viewtypes (low list, list, wall) seem to look really good:

With 'look good' I mean that indeed XBMC generates a thumbnail (landscape?) but this fits not really to poster thumbnail box expected from the skin, i.e. the skin assumes a poster but XBMC generates more or less landscape. I addition, 'low list' just generates a 'black box' instead of a picture.

The same issue applies to video-related add-ons (such as youtube, tagesschau or mediathek plugins). The pictures do not fit to the poster-boxes from aeon mq3 - sometimes badly upscaled and deformed to fit to the poster boxes.

Would it be possible to have another viewtype for this? Maybe the option to have...
a) A low list/list without any posters or poster boxes, respectively -> just text
b) Not poster boxes but landscape boxes. -> Comparable to the landscape view from the TV-Show section but without the info panel jumping into the picture
c) Smaller and quadratic boxes instead of the big rectangular boxes. -> Alaska revisited skin has something comparable

Any opinions and ideas?

Regards

- ferent - 2011-11-17

MarcosQui, I'm using Dharma release and see 2 bugs:

In film info panel, I can't navigate to see the cast. I only see the first person. If i press down to see the next in the list, I go to the menu. I've tested with lots of keys, but no result:

The other bug is a small bug. In Low List mode when the tittle is longer, the text doesn't scroll and it's impossible to read the sentence complete. Here you have an image:

The text is "He knew Paris was for lovers. He just didn't think the..."

- Deano316 - 2011-11-17

ferent Wrote:MarcosQui, I'm using Dharma release and see 2 bugs:

In film info panel, I can't navigate to see the cast. I only see the first person. If i press down to see the next in the list, I go to the menu. I've tested with lots of keys, but no result:

The other bug is a small bug. In Low List mode when the tittle is longer, the text doesn't scroll and it's impossible to read the sentence complete. Here you have an image:

The text is "He knew Paris was for lovers. He just didn't think the..."

Also does something similar for me in TV Shows (see "Breaking the Code", it's cut off). I'm using pre-eden MQ3 on Vista.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

wouterdt Wrote:I think the thing MQ3 needs the most is a bug/feature-request ticket system, something like XBMC has.

Let's do a test;

Anyone who has a request or bug report use the button below - after click in new issue - and wait.

AEON MQ 3

The old rule still applies to this case as well:

High priority - Donators or Bug/Requests involving several people.
Medium priority - Good ideas that could really bring new things into the skin.
Low priority - Requests for a single person.

- ferent - 2011-11-17

MarcosQui I put a new issue, but I can't change the priority :-( It's medium by defect.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

Only I can change that.
The priority will be defined according to the rules.

- st graveyard - 2011-11-17

Parker_Payne Wrote:Gents,

Besides my well populated Movie and TV-Shows Menu section, I sometime use the Video Menu to view 'temporary' video files (documentaries, trailer, tv-recordings, etc.). But from my perspective none of the current available viewtypes (low list, list, wall) seem to look really good:

With 'look good' I mean that indeed XBMC generates a thumbnail (landscape?) but this fits not really to poster thumbnail box expected from the skin, i.e. the skin assumes a poster but XBMC generates more or less landscape. I addition, 'low list' just generates a 'black box' instead of a picture.

The same issue applies to video-related add-ons (such as youtube, tagesschau or mediathek plugins). The pictures do not fit to the poster-boxes from aeon mq3 - sometimes badly upscaled and deformed to fit to the poster boxes.

Would it be possible to have another viewtype for this? Maybe the option to have...
a) A low list/list without any posters or poster boxes, respectively -> just text
b) Not poster boxes but landscape boxes. -> Comparable to the landscape view from the TV-Show section but without the info panel jumping into the picture
c) Smaller and quadratic boxes instead of the big rectangular boxes. -> Alaska revisited skin has something comparable

Any opinions and ideas?

Regards

I'm with you on this. I too have a lot of home videos. I would really like to have a good looking view for non-library modes. I haven't tested this in MQ3 yet, but I know how it is in other skins.

Marcos, this is a really good point and perhaps something that can be worked on in the future? (first continue the excellent work you are doing with the games section ;-) )

I also have some minor bugs to report, so I will be using your new bug reporter soon ;-)

Cheers all

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

Maybe if I adapt the Panel view, he is good with thumbs in landscape mode.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

ferent Wrote:MarcosQui I put a new issue, but I can't change the priority :-( It's medium by defect.

I liked the experience, if all users posting correctly as you did, it will be better for everyone. Nod

- ferent - 2011-11-17

MarcosQui Wrote:I liked the experience, if all users posting correctly as you did, it will be better for everyone. Nod

I'm happy to hear that, I like google code to see the issue progress.

- hentai23 - 2011-11-17

hmmm well i suppose it has its merits since theres so many requests for changes xD

- hentai23 - 2011-11-17

brightsr Wrote:@MarcosQui

Hi, I really love your skin and I thank you for your hard work.
I've noticed something to be changed for weather plus addon.
Code:
Day%d.Title, Day%d.HighTemp, Day%d.LowTemp, Day%d.Outlook
The props above were for old weather.com api that is not working now. So 4-day is showing no information. Please change like this:
Code:
Day%d.Title -> Daily.%d.ShortDate (or Daily.%d.LongDate)
Day%d.HighTemp -> Daily.%d.HighTemperature
Day%d.LowTemp -> Daily.%d.LowTemperature
Day%d.Outlook -> Daily.%d.Outlook

* EDIT : Could you please check if it is using "Current.ConditionIcon", "Current.Temperature" for the top panel weather information?

btw please implement this marcos in order to get weather working correctly again with youre skin please Wink

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-17

This has been corrected. Besides, the problem of default weather has been resolved in the latest version of Eden.

- SavellM - 2011-11-17

+1 for removing the glass Smile