Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- jasonwc - 2011-11-24

jitterjames Wrote:that's odd, how did you create the previous screen capture that you posted? (edit: ah you said taken from wiki)

It sounds like maybe it's time for a clean install. If you want though you can take a look in your guisettings.xml file. Here's what mine looks like (part of it)

Code:
<videolibrary>
        <actorthumbs>true</actorthumbs>
        <backgroundupdate>false</backgroundupdate>
        <cleanup></cleanup>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <export></export>
        <flattenmoviesets>false</flattenmoviesets>
        <flattentvshows>1</flattentvshows>
        <import></import>
        <seasonthumbs>true</seasonthumbs>
        <showunwatchedplots>true</showunwatchedplots>
        <updateonstartup>false</updateonstartup>
    </videolibrary>

maybe you can add / modify the line:
<flattentvshows>1</flattentvshows>

Interesting. So, that line was not in my guisettings.xml. When I add it nothing seems to change. The option isn't in video settings and I still see a season page for shows with a single season. When I exit XBMC, and check the file the line has been removed. Here's the <videolibrary> section on my machine.

Code:
<videolibrary>
        <actorthumbs>true</actorthumbs>
        <cleanup></cleanup>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <export></export>
        <flattenmoviesets>false</flattenmoviesets>
        <import></import>
        <seasonthumbs>true</seasonthumbs>
        <showunwatchedplots>true</showunwatchedplots>
        <updateonstartup>false</updateonstartup>
    </videolibrary>

- mad-max - 2011-11-24

hentai23 Wrote:sounds good to me xD

stable eden? do you know something i dont know?

dont tell me full eden is about to be released?Shocked

To be honest, I don't know...
But as we have feature freeze, it might be within this year...

mm

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-24

ATTENTION, ALL USERS:

To avoid headaches, I am updating the rules for the use of issues, please read.

Updated - New rules:

High priority - Donators or Bug/Request involving several people.
- donators, please post your nickname and also an indication that you is donator in the description of the issue.
I can not remember all users, sorry.

Medium priority - Good ideas that could really bring new things into the skin.

Low priority - Bug/Request for a single person.

Very Low priority - Flood, sarcastic comment or messages that offend me or any other user.
- I will consider how flood when there is more than 10 different issues created by the same user.
- In case of insistence, the issue will be deleted permanently.

- vI3Tz - 2011-11-24

Hi,

I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to change the showcase_floor.png within this skin? I don't like the blue.
2. Is it possible to deactivate showing the cd cases in the visualization view? It want it to look like the album cover in the main menu while plaing music.

Best regards

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-24

M@tze Wrote:@Marcos

Whats going on with the exchange you proposed to us, regarding the custom submenus in the fixed menus here?

Do I have to open a new feature request or bug report on your webpage?

I decided to move this feature to Aeon MQ 4.
- The customization will be written from scratch again;
- I call of "Customisation Generation 3";
- Many things will change and this problem will be solved.

In February of next year I believe it should begin the Alpha phase of the Aeon MQ 4, you and other members of the group of skin may participate. Nod

- RavenNL - 2011-11-24

MarcosQui Wrote:ATTENTION, ALL USERS:

To avoid headaches, I am updating the rules for the use of issues, please read.

Updated - New rules:

High priority - Donators or Bug/Request involving several people.
- donators, please post your nickname and also an indication that you is donator in the description of the issue.
I can not remember all users, sorry.

Medium priority - Good ideas that could really bring new things into the skin.

Low priority - Bug/Request for a single person.

Very Low priority - Flood, sarcastic comment or messages that offend me or any other user.
- I will consider how flood when there is more than 10 different issues created by the same user.
- In case of insistence, the issue will be deleted permanently.

Kinda weird construction you have there if I may say so, bug reports from donators do get prio? I think you should be glad that ppl are reporting bugs and you should look at how big of an issue a certain bug is and not wether he is a donator or not. Everyone can be affected by a certain bug and maybe no one reports it but only a non donator and then the bug will be classified as low. For me this only looks like a way to get more money from donators.

[b][i] - I will consider how flood when there is more than 10 different issues created by the same user.[/b]
Tbh you should be grateful when somebody is posting bugs, not punish them to set the priority to the lowest. If someone is posting the same bug several times then yes I would consider that a flood. However posting / finding bugs should be encouraged to get the best of the skin and not punished. Since the bugs are there for anyone and not only 1 person.

My apologies if I step on your toes there, but I'm just giving my opinion about your approach on this subject. I don't see any other skin / addon developer using this kind of rules regarding bugs / features. You have done a great work on the skin but should be able to take critics when bugs are posted.

- wouterdt - 2011-11-24

Ajedi Wrote:After 2 days of doing it correctly the same problem is back again... could you look into this?

Are you running a very recent nighly? The weather problem was fixed last week or so. If you are running a recent nightly with the weather fix make sure you've selected the new weather addon in weather settings.

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-24

RavenNL, do you realize how many hours a day I work on the skin to offer it for free?
Do you realize how bad it is to hear complaints of all .. their skin is very blue, his skin is very white, her skin is too dark.

Donator no only who gives not only money but also giving solutions, translation, correction files and everything, it is important and makes the skin continue, if not for this I would have tried something else to do, after all I have to work, I have to eat, pay bills, maintain the site, keep running the computers where the skin is made .. Finally, nothing falls from the sky.

So I could be doing many other things, but no, I am here writing the MQ 4, and will take months to finish everything so that you can use when ready.
Think about it.

- toineb - 2011-11-24

I think Marcos gives better and faster user support for a free product than a lot of companies do for products costing hundreds...

requests and bugs have to be managed in a way that is convenient for him. I am sure that MQ3 is not his life but I am guessing it must feel like that sometimes for him.

Thank you for a great skin and your constant updates

- jitterjames - 2011-11-24

MarcosQui Wrote:RavenNL, do you realize how many hours a day I work on the skin to offer it for free? ....

I think your rules are quite reasonable Marcos.

@raven, maybe you should read more carefully before criticizing Marcos. His first rule says: "High priority - Donators or Bug/Request involving several people."

so he is giving high priority to Bugs or requests, involving several people, regardless of donations.

the problem is that many people come in from nowhere and are very critical about stupid things, just because something isn't exactly how they would like the skin to be. Even though they have not donated, have offered no help or solutions, or contributions of their own time to anyone, and have absolutely no concept of how much work has gone into creating this wonderful skin. I think Marcos post was a message to these people. If you are not one of these people, then you need not be concerned about it.

- toineb - 2011-11-24

jitterjames Wrote:the problem is that many people come in from nowhere and are very critical about stupid things, just because something isn't exactly how they would like the skin to be. Even though they have not donated, have offered no help or solutions, or contributions of their own time to anyone, and have absolutely no concept of how much work has gone into creating this wonderful skin. I think Marcos post was a message to these people. If you are not one of these people, then you need not be concerned about it.

My personal favourites are the posts that start with Marcos excellent skin but........

I don't know how he stays so motivated.... he is a better man than me... I would have just said sod it months ago and just used the skin myself

- freebs - 2011-11-24

Pay no attention to the ingrates!!

You do a fantastic job and it's much appreciated!!!

I for one think you do an amazing job - very skilled person!

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-24

To all;

I decided take a break on this project. I appreciate the words of support, but I think 'this' was the last straw that missing in a glass that was already full.

I have many personal problems to resolve and need a time to this.

I'll release that version 1.1.1 soon and I will dedicate myself to my family and professional life, this is more important.

Return ? I do not know when, tomorrow, next month, next year, I do not know.

Best regards to all users Aeon MQ.

- Martijn - 2011-11-24

MarcosQui Wrote:To all;

I decided take a break on this project. I appreciate the words of support, but I think 'this' was the last straw that missing in a glass that was already full.

I'll release that version 1.1.1 soon and I will dedicate myself to my family and professional life, this is more important.

And you are absolutely right. Personal life is more important. Best of luck and take care. Hopefully you will return Smile

- mad-max - 2011-11-24

MarcosQui Wrote:To all;

Return ? I do not know when, tomorrow, next month, next year, I do not know.

Best regards to all users Aeon MQ.

Sad to hear that you take a break...Was always a pleasure working with you on AEON and using it...
But as MS said, personal life is more important!
Hopefully you will resolve this issues without severe problems...
Take care Marcos...

cheers,
mad-max