Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- vI3Tz - 2011-11-27

vI3Tz Wrote:Hi,

I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to change the showcase_floor.png within this skin? I don't like the blue.
2. Is it possible to deactivate showing the cd cases in the visualization view? It want it to look like the album cover in the main menu while plaing music.

Best regards

For all that are searching a solution to 2., I have found a way and postet it here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=115629

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-27

jitterjames Wrote:...I think I know enough about you to predict that you won't be able to stay away for long!

Yes, you is right at this point.

jitterjames Wrote:...Maybe at that point you can find a way to distribute some of the work to other skinners and volunteers, and try to only spend a few hours a week on the critical stuff.

Just to clarify to all dear users:

I not dropped the project, nor will I do this !
Only a few days is all it I need. Wink

For those who did not notice the version 1.1.1 was released on the 26th.

Best regards.

- GreenEyez - 2011-11-27

Few days? Take a few weeks off dude, you`ve done such an amazing job with the skin. Aside from adding support for the new "on deck" feature/script (see here for more info) this skin is almost perfect Big Grin

- gargoyle67 - 2011-11-27

Nice to see you back MarcosQui Laugh

- jitterjames - 2011-11-27

Lol GreenEyez. I hope you can appreciate the humour of your post. In one sentence you tell Marcos to take time off, while also pointing out an imperfection in the skin. You know he can't resist...

I agree Marcos. There is no rush to do ANYTHING. The skin is already so great. And I think you should take your time fixing the few small bugs that pop up in MQ3 and don't even think about starting MQ4 until July.

- chippie - 2011-11-27

@Marcos

You definately need some time out, very well deserved!

But whilst you are around lol! When you get time could you look at something (not posting on google code as not sure it is a bug)

I have a large movie collection, in MQ2 when I fast scroll left to right in Showcase all the covers refresh very quickly however in MQ3 if I do the same they remain static when scrolling and only refresh once I stop. This only happens on very large lists.

Thanks.

- st graveyard - 2011-11-27

MarcosQui Wrote:Yes, you is right at this point.

Just to clarify to all dear users:

I not dropped the project, nor will I do this !
Only a few days is all it I need. Wink

For those who did not notice the version 1.1.1 was released on the 26th.

Best regards.

That's fantastic news Marcos. Fantastic to have you back. Take your time!
Great news...Thanks for letting us know ...

chippie Wrote:I have a large movie collection, in MQ2 when I fast scroll left to right in Showcase all the covers refresh very quickly however in MQ3 if I do the same they remain static when scrolling and only refresh once I stop. This only happens on very large lists.
@chippie did you check to make sure the difference is not caused by Eden vs. Dharma?

It just sounds like a non-skin related thing to me... just a hunch.

- chippie - 2011-11-27

jitterjames Wrote:@chippie did you check to make sure the difference is not caused by Eden vs. Dharma?

It just sounds like a non-skin related thing to me... just a hunch.

Yup, have both skins on the same build (Eden nightly), possibly a cache issue within the skin itself but do not know enough about the coding...

chippie Wrote:Yup, have both skins on the same build (Eden nightly), possibly a cache issue within the skin itself but do not know enough about the coding...

It's just that from what little dabbling I've done in skins it seems that you just drop a control in there and define it a certain way, and then it's up to xbmc. Can you check if it happens in all the different views in MQ3 or just certain ones? It might make Marcos' life a bit easier if you know which one does it.

Also, what counts as a "large" collection.

I just tested fast scrolling on my albums in MQ3 using Coverflow, Showcase, and Wall, and in all cases it's pretty much instant. In Wall, I see a few "music note" icons at the leading edge, but I think that's normal.

- chippie - 2011-11-28

jitterjames Wrote:It's just that from what little dabbling I've done in skins it seems that you just drop a control in there and define it a certain way, and then it's up to xbmc. Can you check if it happens in all the different views in MQ3 or just certain ones? It might make Marcos life a bit easier if you know which one does it.

Also, what counts as a "large" collection.

I just tested fast scrolling on my albums in MQ3 using Coverflow, Showcase, and Wall, and in all cases it's pretty much instant. In Wall, I see a few "music note" icons at the leading edge, but I think that's normal.

Hey James, it really just happens in Showcase where it is noticable.

It seems to start at just over 300 movies in the list when I get static images but then once you scroll through the whole list once it speeds up to normal and refreshes the posters as normal. The more you add after that the more static posters you get...

Just tested again in MQ2 with my whole collection of 8000 movies and the poster refresh is smooth as butter so am sure it is connected to the skin.

EDIT - Multiplex judders quite a bit with the large volumes and when scrolling I get lots of blank posters but the ones I can see are refreshing and not static, think this is acceptable. Just the showcase view apperas to have an issue scrolling large collections.

- jitterjames - 2011-11-28

well, I wish I could suggest something to try based on that. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

I assume you have at least 300 albums. Did you try browsing albums with showcase? Same thing?

- Omegatron - 2011-11-28

chippie Wrote:@Marcos

You definately need some time out, very well deserved!

But whilst you are around lol! When you get time could you look at something (not posting on google code as not sure it is a bug)

I have a large movie collection, in MQ2 when I fast scroll left to right in Showcase all the covers refresh very quickly however in MQ3 if I do the same they remain static when scrolling and only refresh once I stop. This only happens on very large lists.

Thanks.

I have like 15 movies and have static with showcase aswell. Had it with mq2 also. When you scroll fast it looks like all your movies are the same one.

A question from me regarding thumbnail view with showcase in movies. If i have thumbnail view in movies i also have thumbnail in trailer folder. If i change mode in trailers it does it with movies aswell. Its like its linked to eachother. Is that normal?

- chippie - 2011-11-28

jitterjames Wrote:well, I wish I could suggest something to try based on that. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

I assume you have at least 300 albums. Did you try browsing albums with showcase? Same thing?

No albums on XBMC James, use Sonos for my music.

- chippie - 2011-11-28

Ajedi Wrote:I have like 15 movies and have static with showcase aswell. Had it with mq2 also. When you scroll fast it looks like all your movies are the same one.

A question from me regarding thumbnail view with showcase in movies. If i have thumbnail view in movies i also have thumbnail in trailer folder. If i change mode in trailers it does it with movies aswell. Its like its linked to eachother. Is that normal?

Think your issue with static posters is probably realted more to your hardware than anything else as I do not have this issue in MQ2 with 8000 movies.

I assume the views are connected. Try adding Trailers to a seperate Menu Item and see if you can keep different views that way.