Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- activate - 2011-12-01

Hi, thanks for the skin. First time configuring in depth. Seems I have run into a favourites limit of 20 whilst customising. Is there a workaround. Didn't see any option in advancedsettings.xml. Thanks.

- mindweaver - 2011-12-01

If you can't get weather working. Download http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/weather.worldweatheronline/ and add to addons. Make sure to use a recent nightly.

- mattchapman - 2011-12-01

Has anyone been successful in getting the Cast list to work in the Dharma version?
I know users were having problems like me whereby only the first cast member can be seen and there is no functionality to select the cast member and see what other movies he/she appears in.

Thanks in advance

- Fuunk - 2011-12-02

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:If the correct extrathumbs/extrafanart is located inside the movie folder it is the skin. So check the artwork on your folder. If it does belongs to that perticulair movie then the add-on has done it's job like it should. The rest is out of our hands.

I'm totally lost. When I installed Dharma last september, I had to put all my movie files into the same root folder (say myMovieFolder1). So I deleted every subfolder like "myMovie1Subfolder", and so on. Everything worked fine (using extrafanart downloader). THen I switched to Eden + aeon MQ3, everything still was ok.

Since I installed Artwork downloader, I used two modes : default mode and "Centralize fanart" mode. Here are the jpeg files I can see :

- myMovieFolder1 :
----root directory have one fanart.jpg and one folder.jpg file that belong to an old movie (say myMovie53)
----extrafanart directory have 444 files but none is used : all old movies use old single fanart images, right ones, and the new movie use the root jpg fanart that matches with myMovie53.
----extrathumbs directory have 4 files that match with the root folder. These 4 are used for extra thumbs of every movie.

And I have a last folder that is used for "centralize". It contains 531 files, but none is used anywhere.

Looks like I'll have to recreate a subfolder for each movie Confused
What should I do first? try another skin or create subfolders?

- Martijn - 2011-12-02

Fuunk Wrote:I'm totally lost. When I installed Dharma last september, I had to put all my movie files into the same root folder (say myMovieFolder1). So I deleted every subfolder like "myMovie1Subfolder", and so on. Everything worked fine (using extrafanart downloader). THen I switched to Eden + aeon MQ3, everything still was ok.
That can not be possible that it worked correctly. The extrafanart/extrathumbs that is. We always stated that every movie must have it's own subfolder (like: movies/The Terminator/The terminator.mkv) for extrathumbs and extrafanart to work. This is how ALL skins work that support the images.
Can't understand why you removed all the subfolders? You should kick his ass who gave you that advise.

Quote:Since I installed Artwork downloader, I used two modes : default mode and "Centralize fanart" mode. Here are the jpeg files I can see :

- myMovieFolder1 :
----root directory have one fanart.jpg and one folder.jpg file that belong to an old movie (say myMovie53)
----extrafanart directory have 444 files but none is used : all old movies use old single fanart images, right ones, and the new movie use the root jpg fanart that matches with myMovie53.
----extrathumbs directory have 4 files that match with the root folder. These 4 are used for extra thumbs of every movie.

And I have a last folder that is used for "centralize". It contains 531 files, but none is used anywhere.

Looks like I'll have to recreate a subfolder for each movie Confused
What should I do first? try another skin or create subfolders?
And that's why all movies show the same extrathumbs because there are only 4 of them for all your movies.
Trying another skin won't work because they work the same way as MQ3 (and MQ2)

In the addon settings it says:
Quote:Centralize fanart (Can be used for fanart slideshow)
Meaning you can use it on the home screen menu.

At this moment there is no real solution to use true centralized artwork storage. I think it will be after Eden that it can be possible.

- Fuunk - 2011-12-02

THank you, works much better like that. Until today extrafanart was not working, I didn't really pay attention.
Just a last thing I can't explain, where is the setting in order to change the background using extrafanarts, within a movie library? Currently it uses the fanart.jpg only
Event if I check Background --> ExtraFanart, nothing happen.

- Omegatron - 2011-12-02

Hi Marcos.

Recently i made a bug issue about the artist backdrop when playing music is only showing 1 picture and not more.

I figured out where what the problem is.

We use the addon "cdart manager" to get cdart, cover art, clearlogo and also fanart. The addon creates a folder named "extrafanart".

You have build the skin so it gets the artist images from last.fm and also the backdrops. So if last.fm doesnt have a backdrop from an artist no backdrop is shown. if it does have backdrops its only showing us 1. So at the moment the folder "extrafanart" created by CDART-manager is not used at all.

My question is. Is it possible for you to make the skin so that it uses the images in the "extrafanart" folder for the backdrops and that it rotates the backdrops if you have multiple images in that folder.

This is how Aeon Nox is doing it.

I dont know anything about programming/coding. But I really hope its possible. This way we get the most out of of the skin.

Thanks.

- Tobby - 2011-12-02

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That can not be possible that it worked correctly. The extrafanart/extrathumbs that is. We always stated that every movie must have it's own subfolder (like: movies/The Terminator/The terminator.mkv) for extrathumbs and extrafanart to work. This is how ALL skins work that support the images.
Can't understand why you removed all the subfolders? You should kick his ass who gave you that advise.
LOL, yeah. Must have been a pain in the ass too.

- Zxurian - 2011-12-03

this may just be me not enabling an option, or option with cdart, but with Aeon MQ3, I notice that when using the Pandora addon, it automatically downloads the CD cover art, as well as some artist fanart.

My question is, is there any way to have it download the actual cd artwork as well, so the spinning cd has it's own artwork instead of just a plan silver cd?

- Martijn - 2011-12-03

Zxurian Wrote:this may just be me not enabling an option, or option with cdart, but with Aeon MQ3, I notice that when using the Pandora addon, it automatically downloads the CD cover art, as well as some artist fanart.

My question is, is there any way to have it download the actual cd artwork as well, so the spinning cd has it's own artwork instead of just a plan silver cd?

CDart Manager

- giftie - 2011-12-03

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:CDart Manager

Won't work with Pandora Addon...

Zxurian Wrote:this may just be me not enabling an option, or option with cdart, but with Aeon MQ3, I notice that when using the Pandora addon, it automatically downloads the CD cover art, as well as some artist fanart.

This would need something to be built into the Pandora Plug-in.

- Zxurian - 2011-12-04

giftie Wrote:Won't work with Pandora Addon...

This would need something to be built into the Pandora Plug-in.

so I'm guessing that the Pandora script would have ot be modified to send some sort of additional information to cdart manager in order to pull the appropriate cd image?

- moravec - 2011-12-05

If I go to movies and one has a local trailer, I can play it with 2x arrow down.

Now I have to press 2x arrow down - then I am in trailer mode (what is this) then I have to press Enter to play the trailer.

Can I change this to only have 2x arrow down pressed - without enter?

(w7, pre eden)

Christian

- st graveyard - 2011-12-05

moravec Wrote:If I go to movies and one has a local trailer, I can play it with 2x arrow down.

Now I have to press 2x arrow down - then I am in trailer mode (what is this) then I have to press Enter to play the trailer.

Can I change this to only have 2x arrow down pressed - without enter?

(w7, pre eden)

Christian

Hi Christian,

I have the same 'problem'. In the first version it played after pressing down twice, no I too have to press enter. It is since the new version.
It doesn't bother me personally ...

Cheers,
Grave

- sidewalksuper - 2011-12-05

This was done on request, because in the first versions pressing down two times resulted in that you could see that fanart fullscreen.

Then it changed to the version you know.

So people requested it back again to see the fanart when pressing down 2 times in the latest version.