Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- cburbs - 2012-01-05

foghat Wrote:Looks like if you have a video codec value of h264, the bluray icon will display.

The latest update of the skin will display a bluray case with vc-1, but does not display the bluray icon - will display a vc-1 icon. I'd personally rather see the bluray icon for vc-1 as well.

All my movies are ripped either from Makemkv or ripped in handbrake as MKV files/h264.

- chippie - 2012-01-05

cburbs Wrote:All my movies are ripped either from Makemkv or ripped in handbrake as MKV files/h264.

Hi Marcos, as per the 2 issues raised on google code, please would it be possible to revert the skin back to how it used to work, ie. apply the cases and tags based on the filename and not the codec. This just makes more sense to me and leaves the cases/BluRay tags in our hands based upon the filename.

Thanks.

Border Issues - Xsabre - 2012-01-06

The border around the menu has become completely transparent. All I am able to see is the menu words. This happens across all menu. For example weather only shows the icons no border is visible behind the icon.

I have tried uninstalling and removing any folders related to MQ3 skins in addon folder and user=>addon folder than restarting. I then reinstall and get the same issue.

Currently, running on Openelec - Eden beta 1 and MQ3 1.20. The same thing happens on Aeon Nox 2. I have the same problem on Ubuntu install but only with Aeon Nox 2.

- Kokonutcreme - 2012-01-06

Marcos there is an option within the skin settings to select alternative genre icons to the default. However when I map a path to those images they're not displayed.

Is this option still available or obsolete with the media folder images now saved as a textures file?

- leftywhat - 2012-01-06

Can I ask what "Kiosk Info Mode" does?

I know Kiosk mode stops you from changing the viewing layout in movies etc, but I'm not sure what this one does. I assume it locks something when you go into a movie info, but I'm not sure what

Secondly, is there a way to turn off the file path for the movie location, when in movie information (down the bottom of the screen, its scrolling). Not sure whats the point of showing where the file is located?

Thirdly, thank you for this skin, I've tried to not post and study/read all the settings/how to etc, its quite a bit to learn!

- buddyholly131 - 2012-01-06

Hey Aeon MQ3 Skin Fans! Great Work MarcosQui. Just one thing ... As you can see on my Screenshot. Is there a problem with the focus effect on the visual style Horizonz ? There shouldn't be a grey background behind the menu item. Any other style is working fine.

- kees667 - 2012-01-07

Thanks, then it is a design choice. Too bad but can't complain with such a great skin.

Ajedi Wrote:This is not possible because Marcos choose for this style in his skin. I know this because i asked the same question some time ago, you can read is reply here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=877129&postcount=440

- Voevoda - 2012-01-07

Pls help how can i remove it and back to "confluence"?? I go to aeon add-on but it didnt let me unistall it...pls help

- Boltron - 2012-01-07

chippie Wrote:Hi Marcos, as per the 2 issues raised on google code, please would it be possible to revert the skin back to how it used to work, ie. apply the cases and tags based on the filename and not the codec. This just makes more sense to me and leaves the cases/BluRay tags in our hands based upon the filename.

Thanks.

+1

I have gone through great pains to tag all my files correctly and now I get Bluray tags on all Sad

EDIT: Getting my tags back might persuade me to finally make that donation I've been thinking about Wink

- gargoyle67 - 2012-01-07

You should donate just because it's a great skin and you'd like to see more skin
development from Marcos, I know I did Nod

- leftywhat - 2012-01-07

I think I've found a bug, unless its just effecting me? Has anyone else noticed this....?

Pretty obvious.... only when you play some music and go scrolling through the menus, the left top submenu gets squished against the right top submenu. (Just check pics, easier to understand)

It happens on all the menus (inc custom favorites), except for "TV Shows", "Movies" and "Music".

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/502/screenshot000cc.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/screenshot001hx.jpg/

- blank - 2012-01-07

Not sure if the "issue" lies in your skin,
but I will post in here:

I've got 2 HTPC's running XBMC, both Windows 7 and your skin.

1'st setup is:
i3 2100t processor with a GT430 GPU.
8Gigs of ram.
and a SSD disk.
running pre-eden HD-audio and MQ3.

2'nd setup is:
a Zotac Zbox ND22
CeleronĀ® SU2300 (dual-core) (1.2 GHz)
nVidia ION chipset.
8Gigs of ram.
and a SSD disk.
running EDEN-Beta with MW3

on both machines, the skin is running smooth.. atleast if it is cached (i think)
If I have just watched a movie, or XBMC is just started up, the transitions in the main menu's is not fluid, it is like it needs to cache, so after one or two scroll's, then it runs smooth again..
I would expect this from the Celeron processor, but not the i3..
is it possible to keep the load and keep the cache in the ram while watching a movie (if cache is indeed the issue here) to keep it smooth.?
I've got plenty of ram, and the SSD disk is not the issue.
and I find it hard to believe that the issue is either of the CPU's, due to the fact that it runs smooth most of the time, just not the first 2-3 seconds..

thanks...

- Martijn - 2012-01-07

blank Wrote:Not sure if the "issue" lies in your skin,
but I will post in here:

thanks...
If you when when enter the homescreen again and it stutters..?

This is quite common when using windows and they can't seem to find a fix for that or experience it theirselves (XBMC devs)

- astrotrain - 2012-01-07

blank Wrote:Not sure if the "issue" lies in your skin,
but I will post in here:

1'st setup is:
i3 2100t processor with a GT430 GPU.
8Gigs of ram.
and a SSD disk.
running pre-eden HD-audio and MQ3.

2'nd setup is:
a Zotac Zbox ND22
CeleronĀ® SU2300 (dual-core) (1.2 GHz)
nVidia ION chipset.
8Gigs of ram.
and a SSD disk.
running EDEN-Beta with MW3

on both machines, the skin is running smooth.. atleast if it is cached (i think)
If I have just watched a movie, or XBMC is just started up, the transitions in the main menu's is not fluid, it is like it needs to cache, so after one or two scroll's, then it runs smooth again..
I would expect this from the Celeron processor, but not the i3..
is it possible to keep the load and keep the cache in the ram while watching a movie (if cache is indeed the issue here) to keep it smooth.?
I've got plenty of ram, and the SSD disk is not the issue.
and I find it hard to believe that the issue is either of the CPU's, due to the fact that it runs smooth most of the time, just not the first 2-3 seconds..

thanks...

All raise hands if you experience this with XBMC?

I use to think this issue was my machine as well, in particular the video card so a upgraded to an ATI 5570 which should be more than enough but the stutters still occurs.

The symptoms:

If you play a video and then stop it, the stutter occurs when you move through your video library poster to poster scrolling lags,

if you enter and exit your video library this occurs sometimes and of course when you just start XMBC.

I have no idea why this occurs, don't think it is cache but inefficient coding of the entire platform for windows -which I thought it would have been their top priority for Eden.

- Livin - 2012-01-07

I have not had this problem... C2D E7400, 8GB RAM, Win7 x64