Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- MarcosQui - 2012-01-12

chippie Wrote:Thanks Marcos, have you removed the code that looks at the codec and just reverted to looking at the filenames as think there are several people who rip everything as mkv including DVD's which should appear with xvid cases as they would not have HDTV or BluRay in the filename?

As for deleting and re-adding, cannot see people complaing about this if it fixes the cases on all movies. I personally will just rebuild the database from scratch.

Thanks again!

chippie and all other users, to me, remove the use of the codec to display the box is very simple, but I think it must decide what is best:

Remove the use of codec or add exceptions.

Currently the only exceptions are 3DBD(current build) and HDTV(only in pre-1.2.1).

- mr1nv1s1ble - 2012-01-12

Hi,

I am new here and I must say that this skin is just perfect ! Thanks for making it MarcosQui !

I have a little problem with fetching from allmusic.com and would like to know if there is a way to make it work ?

Here is the screenshots:
http://imageshack.us/f/233/screenshot000z.png/

Thanks in advance !

- chippie - 2012-01-13

MarcosQui Wrote:chippie and all other users, to me, remove the use of the codec to display the box is very simple, but I think it must decide what is best:

Remove the use of codec or add exceptions.

Currently the only exceptions are 3DBD(current build) and HDTV(only in pre-1.2.1).

Hey Marcos, my preference would be to remove the skin looking at the codec for BluRay and HDTV and just reply on the naming of the files. There are several benefits to this;

Anyone who rips in mkv (h264) but not necessarily in HD will have incorrect BluRay Cases/Tags. I have a few of these and have no way to make them not show a BluRay Case. I have over 8000 movies which have over the years be labelled correctly, for me to go through and change these to be labelled xvid for example it just not possible.

The way the skin used to work and I believe others do is to look at the codec for xvid etc... but not for BluRay and HDTV where if there is no "BluRay" or "HDTV" in the filename it just assigns the H264 tag and case. This is how it used to work and assume most people who have been using the skin for a long time have named/catalogued their movies accordingly.

So my preference would be assign the H264 Codec Tag & Case unless there is either BluRay or HDTV in the filename in which case assign the BluRay or HDTV Tag and Case.

I beleive this all came from one user requesting this a while back and I think I pointed out back then that it made no sense for the skin to work this way simply because anything can be encoded as H264 not necessarily HD material.

I do not think building in exceptions will work due to the amount of variables, please can we just revert to the H264 Tags and Cases unless there is a BluRay or HDTV in the movie title....

Thanks.

- Boltron - 2012-01-13

chippie Wrote:So my preference would be assign the H264 Codec Tag & Case unless there is either BluRay or HDTV in the filename in which case assign the BluRay or HDTV Tag and Case.

This.

Honestly, I have spent an enormous amount of time classifying my videos and it used to work great but it no longer does Sad For me it's important enough to actually switch to another skin even though I would love this to remain my skin of choice.

- socialskills - 2012-01-13

chippie Wrote:So my preference would be assign the H264 Codec Tag & Case unless there is either BluRay or HDTV in the filename in which case assign the BluRay or HDTV Tag and Case.

I agree with chippie here.

Thanks for all your hard work, Marcos!

watchlist - dsarena - 2012-01-13

how to enable watchlist, watchlist script nowhere to be seen in mine

i use aeon mq3 with eden beta

- unabatedshagie - 2012-01-13

dsarena Wrote:how to enable watchlist, watchlist script nowhere to be seen in mine

i use aeon mq3 with eden beta

As far as I know it's not been included in the current version.

Only ones I know of that have are Aeon Nox, XeeBo and Xperience 1080 (I know there are others I just don't know their names)

- MarcosQui - 2012-01-13

Thanks.

Done.

Changed: Removed function that shows the case based on the codec - H264 and VC-1. (available in pre-1.2.1)

- dsarena - 2012-01-13

unabatedshagie Wrote:As far as I know it's not been included in the current version.

Only ones I know of that have are Aeon Nox, XeeBo and Xperience 1080 (I know there are others I just don't know their names)

ah ok , thanks.

- m7cky - 2012-01-13

Marcos!
You're skin is truly amazing!
This goes for XBMC devs too;
I want to donate but can't deal with PayPal as I hate them.
Any other way to do it? Amazon gift-card or something? Feel I must give something back!!

- RavenNL - 2012-01-13

@Marcos and other MQ3 users, I made a little tweak for the banner info view.

I personally sometimes have problems to see which show is selected when you look at the banners. I made a little tweak when the selected show is zooming out a bit.

I made the following tweak in your code and would like to request it to be added to the skin so I it won't get overwritten with future updates.

see this movie as an example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRzRE1Z_9gE&context=C30e19a2ADOEgsToPDskID3I0lJ0DexLbdj-I2ePOx

Would like to see it in skin if possible so it won't get overwritten with future updates

**edit**
Requested feature on code.google

http://code.google.com/p/mod-skin/issues/detail?id=114

- Boltron - 2012-01-14

MarcosQui Wrote:Done.
Changed: Removed function that shows the case based on the codec - H264 and VC-1. (available in pre-1.2.1)

Awesome, Thank you! How can I get 1.2.1?

- kees667 - 2012-01-15

Still loving the skin, really like the artist slideshow. However I've had a few times where it hangs on one artist and just keeps slideshowing him/her. Stopping and re-enabling the option in settings won't "restart" and and neither will a suspend, only a full reboot. Has anyone noticed this as well and is it likely to be a skin/Eden or addon thing? Couldn''t find a thread on the addon quickly. Just checking if others are seeing this as well, then I'll grab a log an post in the appropriate place.

Also bumping another question:
Currently running skin in normal mode on an Asrock 330. When I scroll my music in file mode (list view) I can't help but notice that scrolling is less smooth compared to Aeon Nox. Speed looks about the same. Is it my hardware not coping?

- probeh - 2012-01-16

Is there a way to make any other type of playlist linkable through the vplaylist or aplaylist menus? Am I missing something simple?

I am attempting to add a menu option which goes directly to a stream running on my LAN. Right now I just made a .m3u (also tried .strm, .asf, .xml) playlist with the path and have to manually run it through xbmc. Instead, I'd like to use the vplaylist to make it easier to run, but it seems like the menus require .xsp playlists.
I thought I'd be clever and edited the guisettings.xml to point at the m3u, but that doesn't work either because it keeps getting revered back to xsp.

Is there some way of doing this?

- isamu.dragon - 2012-01-16

for m3u (move the file on Windows to %APPDATA%\XBMC\userdata\playlists\music) and assign it to an aplaylist.