Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- Ghostdivision - 2012-02-05

I dont want to clutter up this thread but since i have solved all my issues i just want to mention my only issue remaining.

I still cant get blu-ray cases to show, only generic cases, is it a problem that they are in bdmv file structure?

I tried Adaptation Bluray, Adaptation.BluRay

And none will show up, just the generic case.

And can you have cases for tv shows?

After this everything will be perfect.

- chippie - 2012-02-05

Ghostdivision Wrote:I dont want to clutter up this thread but since i have solved all my issues i just want to mention my only issue remaining.

I still cant get blu-ray cases to show, only generic cases, is it a problem that they are in bdmv file structure?

I tried Adaptation Bluray, Adaptation.BluRay

And none will show up, just the generic case.

And can you have cases for tv shows?

After this everything will be perfect.

Really not sure what the issue could be here. I have take care over the years to name my movies to make it easier to check what I have outside of XBMC for example mine are named;

Adaptation (2002) (BluRay) (1080p).mkv

Never had anny issues using this as the naming convention but am sure others have had similar success using different structures. Sorry cannot be of much more help.

Oh, and there is no need to remove the source, you can just highlight the movie and hit "c" on your keyboard then Select Remove From Library

- Ovokx - 2012-02-05

I'm using the tag 'bdrip' for my movie files and the bluray case is displayed properly. Hope this helps Wink

- RavenNL - 2012-02-05

Ghostdivision Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, wonder what Im doing wrong. I did delete source and re scrape with no luck.

Could I just ask how your files are named? From my research (very little info on the case topic for this skin) someone said you need to put .bluray

such as sleepy hollow.bluray

Another person said it would just be sleepy hollow bluray

Also just so i am clear the cases do work for full bdmv folder structure?

Check the option in skin settings, media info, show media cases bluray, hd dvd etc

Probably you dont have it turned on.

- yankz23 - 2012-02-05

yankz23 Wrote:firstly, thanks for a wonderful skin. its by far my favorite.

ok now my problem.
on the home screen i no longer see the backdrop for movies or tv shows.
its a black backdrop. even if i use another skin pack its black.
all the other backdrops are fine.
i was on 1.2.1 then tried the update you put out to address the blueray covers but that didnt fix it. i even uninstalled the skin and reinstalled but that didnt fix it either. any ideas ?

thanks again for the skin.

no one has any ideas on this at all ?
this is the 3rd time ive asked now in last 2 weeks.
im now on 1.2.2 and eden beta 2.
ive uninstalled the skin and deleted everything related to aeon and installed it again but still no luck.

id appreciate any thoughts on this or i guess ill have to move on from this skin which i dont want to. this is may favorite skin .

thanks

- chippie - 2012-02-06

yankz23 Wrote:no one has any ideas on this at all ?
this is the 3rd time ive asked now in last 2 weeks.
im now on 1.2.2 and eden beta 2.
ive uninstalled the skin and deleted everything related to aeon and installed it again but still no luck.

id appreciate any thoughts on this or i guess ill have to move on from this skin which i dont want to. this is may favorite skin .

thanks

Reset the backdrop to default, does it then restore the background. If so and you use a folder for your backdrops them move that folder to a different location and try to set it again.

EDIT: Just in case you do not know where to do this, Settings>Skin>ShortCuts/BackDrops

Highlight Movies, hit the Enter Key, Restore Default Backdrop

- yankz23 - 2012-02-06

chippie Wrote:Reset the backdrop to default, does it then restore the background. If so and you use a folder for your backdrops them move that folder to a different location and try to set it again.

EDIT: Just in case you do not know where to do this, Settings>Skin>ShortCuts/BackDrops

Highlight Movies, hit the Enter Key, Restore Default Backdrop

thanks so much for your reply.

unfortunately ive tried both with no luck.
i also just tried multiple images with no luck.
strange tho cuz its only this skin.
if i choose another skin movie and tv backdrops work fine.

- chippie - 2012-02-06

yankz23 Wrote:thanks so much for your reply.

unfortunately ive tried both with no luck.
i also just tried multiple images with no luck.
strange tho cuz its only this skin.
if i choose another skin movie and tv backdrops work fine.

I seem to have this issue occasionally when there is an update but by Restoring Default Backdrop it always solves the problem but I have had to move my personal fanart folder with multiple images for it to recognise it again.

One more thing, come out of xbmc, rename your guisettings.xml under the userdata directory to guisettings.old. You will have to reconfigure all your settings (not database) but it may solve the issue, perhaps something has become corrupt in the settings file.

Make sure you get the correct file, I start my XBMC with a -p option which holds all my data under the XBMC folder (Portable_data), if you do not use this option your guisettings file will be somewhere on your C: drive under ProgramData or UserData etc.... depending on what environemnt you are running.

- TheFonz - 2012-02-06

Is it possible to have a favourite (shortcut) as a submenu to a v-playlist main menu?

- yankz23 - 2012-02-06

chippie Wrote:I seem to have this issue occasionally when there is an update but by Restoring Default Backdrop it always solves the problem but I have had to move my personal fanart folder with multiple images for it to recognise it again.

One more thing, come out of xbmc, rename your guisettings.xml under the userdata directory to guisettings.old. You will have to reconfigure all your settings (not database) but it may solve the issue, perhaps something has become corrupt in the settings file.

Make sure you get the correct file, I start my XBMC with a -p option which holds all my data under the XBMC folder (Portable_data), if you do not use this option your guisettings file will be somewhere on your C: drive under ProgramData or UserData etc.... depending on what environemnt you are running.

thank you so much. that worked.
i knew there had to be another file somewhere containing info controlling this but i couldnt find it.
maybe if im not too lazy ill go thru it to see if i can identify where the problem was.
i really didnt want to abandon this skin. this skin is just the best in my opinion with neon a close second.
thanks again... i really appreciate it. Smile

- Ghostdivision - 2012-02-06

RavenNL Wrote:Check the option in skin settings, media info, show media cases bluray, hd dvd etc

Probably you dont have it turned on.

No its on....

The issue is its just generic blue cases.

This thread has a picture of exact issue im experiencing as others. There just generic light blue cases i cant get the actual bluray case to show up, this thread first picture asks the same thing and he shows one movie has the proper bluray cases.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=111042

Also here

Exact same problem im having so it cant be just me this post shows exactly what mine look like as well. Another poster below this post also claimed to have the same issue as this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=985761&postcount=8

- chippie - 2012-02-06

Ghostdivision Wrote:No its on....

The issue is its just generic blue cases.

This thread has a picture of exact issue im experiencing as others. There just generic light blue cases i cant get the actual bluray case to show up, this thread first picture asks the same thing and he shows one movie has the proper bluray cases.

Also here

Exact same problem im having so it cant be just me this post shows exactly what mine look like as well. Another poster below this post also claimed to have the same issue as this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=985761&postcount=8

Really not sure what is happening here, Marcos has made changes to the way the cases were picked up, the process was changed to picking the cases up based on codec and then reverted as it made no sense. Perhaps you and the other isolated instances have corrupt installations of the skin or corrupt settings files.

What I would recommend is to do a complete clean install of XBMC Eden Beta 2, then install the skin (do not keep any settings etc... from your current build). I appreciate it is a bit of work for you especially if you have a large library to scrape (do not import a saved library as the issue may be there).

There must be something causing this as I have just been through my whole library of over 8000 movies and each displays the case correctly as per my naming.

Just so i am clear before I do that, all my files are bdmv bluray folder structure.

Does the skin have problems with this? I notice alot of people use mkv, iso, ts,

but mine are bdmv structure.

Also just to clarify i can get the blue cases to show the codec, but i cannot get a bluray case this like the 4th case in this picture.

If that is not an issue, I suppose I will have to reinstall Sad

Thanks for the reply though.

- RavenNL - 2012-02-06

Ghostdivision Wrote:Just so i am clear before I do that, all my files are bdmv bluray folder structure.

Does the skin have problems with this? I notice alot of people use mkv, iso, ts,

but mine are bdmv structure.

That's easy to test.
Just create a .mkv file and name it a movie you want and scrape it and test.

And yes I think it is an issue with BDMV structure.
Just add the bluray tag to the main movie file.

Well i have 400 blurays, and 5 non blurays (not released on the format yet), they are just transport stream (.ts) rips.

Those show bluray covers properly.

It seems unless I am mistaken the entire problem with the case lies in bluray folder structure and the skins inability to handle cases based on folder naming.... unless im missing something or wrong?

Can this be fixed?