Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Omegatron - 2012-04-10

(2012-04-10, 20:52)Aemstel Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 20:09)Ajedi Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 17:17)Ajedi Wrote: hi, i know people adressed this before but i cant find a solution about it.

When i select a movie in my movie libary i can see the trailer for that movie by pressing down 3 times. But this doesnt seem to work any more, it doesnt play the trailer. Is there anything in settings i need to change or is this a bug.

thanks alot.

Anyone?

Previous page, last post..

Ahhh sorry about that i read over it, my bad. changing it to windowed mode works though with fullscreen worked before aswell, is this a bug marcos?

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - soflip - 2012-04-11

(2012-03-21, 21:06)fubofo Wrote: lol I'm probably getting annoying with this...

OK so I tried to add my video playlists to favourites and have now added them as a submenu:

Anime [favourite {folder} ] (/mnt/Files/Video/Anime/)
|- Movie [favourite {movie playlist} ] (list - anime movie.xps)
|- TV [favourite {episode playlist} ] (list - anime tv.xps)

It all looks good ecept when I click on either of the submenus it just plays the movie / tv straight away without actually letting me view the list and choose. Any help with this?

i'm having the same problem. I have a smart playlist that works great from the default VIDEOS menu, and then selecting "FAVORITES", but if I link that smart playlist to a custom menu, or submenu, it starts to play all the movies in the smart playlist, and I dind't find any place to change that.

any solution to that?

thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - crimsonfury - 2012-04-11

I would love to know if I can organize all of my links on the main menu?

I use a few links more than others and would love my playlist right next to movies and TV shows.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - fariswheel - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-09, 17:17)Ajedi Wrote: hi, i know people adressed this before but i cant find a solution about it.

When i select a movie in my movie libary i can see the trailer for that movie by pressing down 3 times. But this doesnt seem to work any more, it doesnt play the trailer. Is there anything in settings i need to change or is this a bug.

thanks alot.

have you tried the same movie again, as i dont have the trailer for all my movies so some work and some dont

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - chippie - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-09, 22:27)colbert Wrote: I can't get fanart to work for the Movies/TV/Music of the main menu, I have the options checked in the Skin Settings and have built the database and all:

All three sections are just black backgrounds: http://i.imgur.com/G7qjP.png http://i.imgur.com/QG43Z.png http://i.imgur.com/iJNI7.png

Appreciate any help Smile

I know this has been discussed after your post but just going to chip in here, I find that the using the the Library Fanarts for Movie Items and TV Shows apart from not refreshing correctly also causes bad stuttering when moving between Main Menu Items. What I would recommend is to manaully create folders somewhere, for Example \Fanart\Movies and \Fanart\TVShows and then copying your specific fanart to these folders. Then under Settings>Skin>Shortcuts/Backdrops assign this folder to the BackDrops Multiple Images option of each Main Menu or SubMenu option you want.

Doing it this way eliminates the stuttering and also gives you complete control of what fanart is displayed against the Menu Items. You could also write a quick batch file to copy the fanart to the specific folders if you wish. If you create the folder outside of the XBMC install folder you then just have to set the path for each build/install of XBMC you have. I actually keep my on mine on my NAS and only copy over good quality fanart.

Finally, if you are not doing so already then I would recommend using MediaCompanion or Ember to download and keep all your fanart and Posters locally with your collections, this, despite having to use another program to manage your movies and TV Shows really makes life easier.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Aemstel - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 11:33)chippie Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 22:27)colbert Wrote: I can't get fanart to work for the Movies/TV/Music of the main menu, I have the options checked in the Skin Settings and have built the database and all:

All three sections are just black backgrounds: http://i.imgur.com/G7qjP.png http://i.imgur.com/QG43Z.png http://i.imgur.com/iJNI7.png

Appreciate any help Smile

I know this has been discussed after your post but just going to chip in here, I find that the using the the Library Fanarts for Movie Items and TV Shows apart from not refreshing correctly also causes bad stuttering when moving between Main Menu Items. What I would recommend is to manaully create folders somewhere, for Example \Fanart\Movies and \Fanart\TVShows and then copying your specific fanart to these folders. Then under Settings>Skin>Shortcuts/Backdrops assign this folder to the BackDrops Multiple Images option of each Main Menu or SubMenu option you want.

Doing it this way eliminates the stuttering and also gives you complete control of what fanart is displayed against the Menu Items. You could also write a quick batch file to copy the fanart to the specific folders if you wish. If you create the folder outside of the XBMC install folder you then just have to set the path for each build/install of XBMC you have. I actually keep my on mine on my NAS and only copy over good quality fanart.

Finally, if you are not doing so already then I would recommend using MediaCompanion or Ember to download and keep all your fanart and Posters locally with your collections, this, despite having to use another program to manage your movies and TV Shows really makes life easier.

Man, why didn't I think of that! Great tip, thanks Smile

Also, you can still use Artwork Organizer with this:

- Turn OFF all of the "use library fanarts for.." options in Skin/Main Menu settings.
- Set a path in the Artwork Organizer addon options (and choose which items you want copied of course).
- Now go back to Skin/Main Menu settings and flick on one of the "use library fanarts for.." options. It should start copying all fanart to the specified folder (if not, do it manually by clicking on "fanart collection - use to update database").
- After it's done copying, turn OFF the "use library fanarts for.." option again.
- Now go to your "Skin/ShortcutsBackdrops" settings and select multiple image and choose the folders from the Artwork Organizer folders.
- After that, everytime you want to update the fanarts, you can simply flick on one of the "use library fanarts for.." options, wait for it to copy the files, and flick it off again.

This way there's no need for a batch-job. But you have to do the flick on/off manually when you want to update.

(PS. Of course, for this to work, you do need to have the actual artwork downloaded to your individual media folders with Artwork Downloader addon or a program like Ember, as Chippie suggested.)

(2012-04-11, 00:11)soflip Wrote:

OK so I tried to add my video playlists to favourites and have now added them as a submenu:

It all looks good ecept when I click on either of the submenus it just plays the movie / tv straight away without actually letting me view the list and choose. Any help with this?

i'm having the same problem. I have a smart playlist that works great from the default VIDEOS menu, and then selecting "FAVORITES", but if I link that smart playlist to a custom menu, or submenu, it starts to play all the movies in the smart playlist, and I dind't find any place to change that.

any solution to that?

thanks!

Make sure you do not have activate playback list at startup enabled under Playback Options. If this does not work then try to create a new playlist, add that as a menu option, see if that works ok.
I have been using playlists for a long time and never had this issue, also cannot see any other options which may set it to autoplay. Perhaps there is something that has screwed up somewhere.
You could also come out of XBMC, rename your guisettings.xml to .old then go back in. You will have to re-create all your skin options but it may solve the issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Wanilton - 2012-04-11

chippie, one idea for organize fanart is using addon artwork organize, set in config addon, patch for folder called fanart, run from program addon, and have all fanart in separate folders, exclude the bad images, done.
The addon will split your cached music & video fanart and thumbs into separate directories. Use tip for Chippie, and all good, no more black screen...

Link for more info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304

Artwork Organizer != Artwork Downloader

Warning for download the correct addon.

Download via offical add-ons repo.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Aemstel - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 11:57)Wanilton Wrote: chippie, one idea for organize fanart is using addon artwork organize, set in config addon, patch for folder called fanart, run from program addon, and have all fanart in separate folders, exclude the bad images, done.
The addon will split your cached music & video fanart and thumbs into separate directories. Use tip for Chippie, and all good, no more black screen...

Link for more info:

Yes, but this doesn't work correctly. You get caching issues which makes old images show up. The method Chippie uses or the steps I posted above will always use your latest artwork.

(2012-04-11, 12:24)Aemstel Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 11:57)Wanilton Wrote: chippie, one idea for organize fanart is using addon artwork organize, set in config addon, patch for folder called fanart, run from program addon, and have all fanart in separate folders, exclude the bad images, done.

Link for more info:

Yes, but this doesn't work correctly. You get caching issues which makes old images show up. The method Chippie uses or the steps I posted above will always use your latest artwork.

Yeah as stated, I stear clear of Artwork Organizer, I have a huge collection and it really makes the Home screen stutter when moving between Menu options. Also the method I described also allows you to set different fanart folders for main or submenu optios for example, I have my kids movies organized into submenus one of these is Barbie movies so I have a seperate fanart folder with just Barbie fanart in which I then assign to the Barbie Menu Option/playlist... the possibilities are only limited by how much effot you are prepared to put in to organizing them.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - zagiel - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-09, 23:53)zagiel Wrote: Is it possible to add a new submenu for example sets to menu movies, such as files and genres on the picture below?
Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.marcosqui.com.br/miniaturas/home_screenshot003.jpg

If anyone knows the solution, Please help.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Omegatron - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 03:54)fariswheel Wrote:

thanks alot.

have you tried the same movie again, as i dont have the trailer for all my movies so some work and some dont

Hi i already fixed/workaround it by changing the settings to windowed mode instead of fullscreen. And im talking about the movies in my libary that have a trailer available. obviously i cant play a trailer when it doesnt have one for that particular movie.

Though now i have the trailer in windowed mode while I prefer the fullscreen mode that i always used in Aeon MQ.

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Tommy2012 - 2012-04-11

Hi. Need Urgend assistance Pleaseeee

Wonder if anyone can help me please, i updated to MQ3 2.0, but now when in music playlist menu (Only Music Playlist menu), there is no fanart, album cover shows except fanart in background, only black screen with wavy white line. When i reinstall older version, fanart in music playlist works again. Do anyone know of this problem?

Your help will be much appreciated. Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - soflip - 2012-04-11

(2012-04-11, 11:52)chippie Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 00:11)soflip Wrote:

any solution to that?

thanks!

Make sure you do not have activate playback list at startup enabled under Playback Options. If this does not work then try to create a new playlist, add that as a menu option, see if that works ok.
I have been using playlists for a long time and never had this issue, also cannot see any other options which may set it to autoplay. Perhaps there is something that has screwed up somewhere.
You could also come out of XBMC, rename your guisettings.xml to .old then go back in. You will have to re-create all your skin options but it may solve the issue.

problem solved.

i was creating a favorite submenu instead of a videolist submenu. if you put a smart playlist under a "favorite" type menu/submenu, the playlist will play automatically, something that doesn't happen if you put your smart playlist into a "videolist" type menu/submenu.

thanks anyway!

RE: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - crimsonfury - 2012-04-11

I have 4 different Custom Menu items that I have added; Cartoons, Exercise, Home Videos, and Comedians. I want all 4 listed in the Main Menu but not listed in TV or Movies. So I had Exercise working great like this but now nothing shows up.

What do I need to do so these show up in the Main Menu and will open with all of the videos listed correctly? I can use an outside scraper for the meta data and to create the .nfo's for them.