Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- johnmerrick - 2011-08-29

For some reason I can't populate any shortcuts I add to the main menu from my favourites. Yet if I access the same folders from my favourites menu they work perfectly. Never had this issue in Dharma or with other skins. Is this a nightly issue or a skin issue?

I tried setting content etc but it just doesn't help!

- Aemstel - 2011-08-29

I fixed my problem with artist logos not showing in the home screen (this is in Ubuntu). Might be helpful information.

It seems the skin can't pick the logos from the custom set logos directory. So I looked into Home.xml and changed this line
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/../logo.png</texture>
into
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusicLogoPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,\logo.png]</texture>
But that didn't work.

Then I changed the same line into
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]logo.png</texture>
This works, but it won't use the custom set directory, so you'll have to copy the logo.png files to the album directories.

Maybe someone knows how to alter the line to use the custom set directory? I suppose it's a Linux only bug?

- Aemstel - 2011-08-29

Guilestudio Wrote:Hi Marcos Im from Brazil too Smile

I saw people talking about a problem within the Concert Menu. I dont know if its possible but if was, the solution would be make the IMDB addon available to install on Music video content. Is that possible? If so, can u do that for us on next release? Im not a programer but in my point of view it looks simple to implement.

Best Regards

I also think this would be a great idea.

I fixed an issue with the concert menu. I couldn't even select "Music Videos" at all anymore as content-type. This was because the MTV scraper was deprecated. I enabled the Yahoo scraper and then I could select the content-type again. However, this scraper doesn't seem to find any of the videos. I guess this is because they aren't really music videos, but concert DVD's and BluRays. So the tmdb.org scraper would seem more fitting for this.

- sidewalksuper - 2011-08-29

Back from holidays and what a nice present to get back to Smile
What a beauty, great release Marcos!!

Am still looking to find out all the options and fixes but will continue that later today.

Thanks for the great work!

- mmackenzie - 2011-08-29

johnmerrick Wrote:For some reason I can't populate any shortcuts I add to the main menu from my favourites. Yet if I access the same folders from my favourites menu they work perfectly. Never had this issue in Dharma or with other skins. Is this a nightly issue or a skin issue?

I tried setting content etc but it just doesn't help!

Having the same problem with the favourites. A few months ago, I ran a nightly build and was having a similar problem with favourites. I could set favourites no problem but when I tried to link them to shortcuts, they didnt ever appear in the little favourites list. I wonder then if its an ongoing problem with favourites on the nightly builds and therefore nothing to do with the Aeon 3 skin...

Martin

- master345 - 2011-08-29

favorites issue has been answered but not solved for good

forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108628

- Lockos - 2011-08-29

That's amazing Marcos, but because we always like finding what have been lost since MQ2, one thing that desapointed me : in showcase we can no more have a view with just the fanart and nothing else as it was a wallpaper...

This was possible with MQ2 by pressing twice the down arrowin the showcase view but now this has been replaced by the trailer so it's locked.

I mean what's the interest in having great HD fanarts for movies if half of the screen is always covered by the showcase thumbnails ?

Can you reintegrate a command which could allow us to have just the fanart in the showcase view without any thumbnails and metadata infos please ?

By the way, thanx for all your dedication !

- johnmerrick - 2011-08-29

master345 Wrote:favorites issue has been answered but not solved for good

forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108628

Hope it's resolved soon! Thanks

- astrotrain - 2011-08-29

I find with the latest update RC1, the actor link that brings up the movies each actor is in, does nothing. Prior to the update it worked. I tried it using all Views, Shelf, Showcase, wall, etc.

Thanks again for bringing back Shelf.

Cheers,

- zyned - 2011-08-29

Aemstel Wrote:I fixed my problem with artist logos not showing in the home screen (this is in Ubuntu). Might be helpful information.

It seems the skin can't pick the logos from the custom set logos directory. So I looked into Home.xml and changed this line
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/../logo.png</texture>
into
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(CustomMusicLogoPath)]$INFO[ListItem.Artist,,\logo.png]</texture>
But that didn't work.

Then I changed the same line into
Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]logo.png</texture>
This works, but it won't use the custom set directory, so you'll have to copy the logo.png files to the album directories.

Maybe someone knows how to alter the line to use the custom set directory? I suppose it's a Linux only bug?

Thank you, thank you! You are my hero! Like this, it works like a charm.

I have another question. I have artist slideshow working as you can see on the picture. When i am at the main menu, it doesn't show pictures. I have to go to the visualisation screen to see the pictures. When i go back to the main menu the pictures keep showing. Is this a bug?

- wouterdt - 2011-08-29

The borders do not show when the clock/library stats are at the top of the screen, the borders do show when they are attached to the menu:

- sentinel41 - 2011-08-29

Anyone else getting trouble with the skins menu overlays flickering while playing a video?

- clubwerks - 2011-08-29

I've seen this problem mentioned, but is anyone else having episode thumbnails not showing up in the landscape view? I thought it was fixed in RC1 and I know it was working right last night, but again today, all episode thumbnails are the no thumbs picture.

- cupra - 2011-08-29

any fix for trailer ? i jest cant make it work even in the vision 3.0.1

- francovilar - 2011-08-29

Ajedi Wrote:Hi again, i have to issues with XBMC/skin

With MQ2 skin we had the "TRAILERS" shortcut in the main menu but now i have to add this myself, this is no problem but somehow when i link the Apple.movie.trailers addon to the shortcut i get an error, xbmc is telling me that "all needed modules cannot be loaded" when i press ESC i get the message "Error in script: addon.py"

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? i cant watch the apple trailers at the moment and i kind of miss that awsome feature now.

I had the same problem. Solved by installing the lite version of the plugin and using that one.