Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- Lockos - 2011-09-17

Blakey0 Wrote:Hi Guys,

First off, amazing job on this skin.

I have a small problem which I'm probably too stupid to solve myself, so hope you can help.

When I click on 'Movies' or 'TV Shows' from the main menu I want to go directly to the library. Instead I go first to the sub-menu that lists my sources.

How do I by-pass the sub-menu to go direct to the movies and TV shows?

Huge thanks for any help on this.

Go to movies, then when your sources appear go left and enable "library" on your side tab, then press "return" to go back to your main menu. Normally the library display will now be activated by default when you'll click again on "movies". Do the same thing for tv shows Wink

Edit : you have to scrap movies or tv shows correctly first...

- mindweaver - 2011-09-17

Blakey0 Wrote:Hi Guys,

First off, amazing job on this skin.

I have a small problem which I'm probably too stupid to solve myself, so hope you can help.

When I click on 'Movies' or 'TV Shows' from the main menu I want to go directly to the library. Instead I go first to the sub-menu that lists my sources.

How do I by-pass the sub-menu to go direct to the movies and TV shows?

Huge thanks for any help on this.

Are you really using a pre-Eden release?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/?C=M;O=A

SmartPlaylist not working - shivanair - 2011-09-17

I have observed that wehn you click on "Smart Playlist" nothing happens.

- chrisuk11 - 2011-09-17

Movie Boxsets

Anyone able to hell with creating boxsets so for instance "Lord of The Rings", when you click on this movie, it shows all 3 films.

I am using latest XBMC / Aeon MQ3

I have edited the .nfo file to include the set tag.

I have then removed the movie source from XBMC and then added it back. The 3 LOTR movies still show as 3 seperate films?

Anyone able to offer any assistance please Smile

- clubwerks - 2011-09-17

chrisuk11 Wrote:Movie Boxsets

Anyone able to hell with creating boxsets so for instance "Lord of The Rings", when you click on this movie, it shows all 3 films.

I am using latest XBMC / Aeon MQ3

I have edited the .nfo file to include the set tag.

I have then removed the movie source from XBMC and then added it back. The 3 LOTR movies still show as 3 seperate films?

Anyone able to offer any assistance please Smile

Every movie in your set should have an .nfo like this:

<movie>
<title>Bad Boys</title>
<set>Bad Boys Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Bad Boys 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112442/

The important parts are:

1. The <set> tags can be named whatever you like but they need to match EXACTLY in every nfo.
2. the <sorttitle> tag puts your movies in the order you want. Again, they have to match, except for the number. It could be as simple as LOTR1, LOTR2, LOTR3.
3. Each .nfo file has to be named EXACTLY the same as the movie it's attached to. If the movies is LOTR.1080p.DTS.mkv the nfo would be LOTR.1080p.DTS.nfo.

That's about it. And change the imdb at the bottom for each movie. Cut and paste is your friend.

- chrisuk11 - 2011-09-17

clubwerks Wrote:Every movie in your set should have an .nfo like this:

<movie>
<title>Bad Boys</title>
<set>Bad Boys Collection</set>
<sorttitle>Bad Boys 1</sorttitle>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112442/

The important parts are:

1. The <set> tags can be named whatever you like but they need to match EXACTLY in every nfo.
2. the <sorttitle> tag puts your movies in the order you want. Again, they have to match, except for the number. It could be as simple as LOTR1, LOTR2, LOTR3.
3. Each .nfo file has to be named EXACTLY the same as the movie it's attached to. If the movies is LOTR.1080p.DTS.mkv the nfo would be LOTR.1080p.DTS.nfo.

That's about it. And change the imdb at the bottom for each movie. Cut and paste is your friend.

I have done the above, as used media entre master to generate XBMC metadata which includes the .nfo. This automaticaly renames all the files to match the video filename.

I have then edited the .nfo to show the set tag as "Lord of the Rings Trilogy"
I have done this for all 3 films. I also changed the sort title, to "Lord of the rings 1" obviously changing the number for each film.

The folder set up is as follows - Movies / Movie Name / Movie file, nfo etc
The above folder layout is the same for al my movies.

Thanks for the response

- Rygrath - 2011-09-17

Go to the movie
Hit I to bring up the info screen
Choose Reload
Choose No to "Locally stored Information Found. Ignore and refresh from internet?"
Do this for each movie and one by one they'll join the set.

- chrisuk11 - 2011-09-17

Rygrath Wrote:Go to the movie
Choose Reload
Choose No to "Locally stored Information Found. Ignore and refresh from internet?"

I have cleared the .nfo and re-generated them.

Then used the I / Reload / No (Great tip, saves reloading the whole library!)

And the above worked. Thanks!!!

Could someone shed some light how to get a boxset cover added and also is it possible to created a .nfo for an overall description of the overall LOTR Trilogy? then obviously once you enter the boxset, each film will have its own individual cover etc,

- clubwerks - 2011-09-17

Rygrath Wrote:Go to the movie
Choose Reload

He already said he removed the movie source from XBMC. I didn't see the point of going over something so rudimentary.

Plus, I'm not sure a reload does anything. You need to remove from library and then update. Or remove the source, clean and add the source back in and refresh from path.

Hey, chris, after you removed the source, did you clean the library? You really don't need to remove the source. Just remove each individual movie from the library and do an update library. That's all I've ever done, works every time.

- chrisuk11 - 2011-09-17

Hi Clubwerks,

Yes I removed the source and cleaned the library. Though always found this to be a strange thing to do. Glad I found an easier way to update library, either by the I or by just removing the 1 film and then updating Smile

Any help on the boxset cover art and .nfo for an overview of the whole collection would be great :0

Thanks again for the help, always appreciated

- Rygrath - 2011-09-17

clubwerks Wrote:He already said he removed the movie source from XBMC. I didn't see the point of going over something so rudimentary.

Plus, I'm not sure a reload does anything. You need to remove from library and then update. Or remove the source, clean and add the source back in and refresh from path.

Because he reported the same issue after removing source and cleaning. If you've used XBMC long enough you know there are sometimes database quirks that pop up now and then. Plenty of times I've removed source, told it to remove content, ran clean. Then open up the videoxx.db file and find old records still there.

The Refresh/Reload forces XBMC to rebuild it's database link to the specific item. I've seen this as more effective than removing source and running clean for only a couple of movies.

Past that the most effective method to insure a clean library is to delete the database files and start from scratch, though that is a bit extreme.

In conclusion, sometimes rudimentary is a perfectly fine way of fixing something and may prove useful for someone else.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-17

He didn't say he cleaned the library.

- Rygrath - 2011-09-17

chrisuk11 Wrote:I have cleared the .nfo and re-generated them.

Could someone shed some light how to get a boxset cover added and also is it possible to created a .nfo for an overall description of the overall LOTR Trilogy? then obviously once you enter the boxset, each film will have its own individual cover etc,

I made a post here regarding Poster and Fanart for sets.
Note: Fanart can only be set in pre-Eden (nightly builds). With Dharma you can only set Posters. Done by selecting the Set, hitting C (context menu) and choosing "Set Movieset Thumb"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=879343&postcount=1552

As far as I'm aware, you cannot set a overall description of the set itself, however the individual movie will have it's info like any other film in the library.

Here's a quick screen shot what they look like
And when you go into the set

- clubwerks - 2011-09-17

chrisuk11 Wrote:I have cleared the .nfo and re-generated them.

I just try to find a picture that I would like to use as the thumb, dl to a location (usually the first movie folder) and use the Set Movieset Thumb from the C menu. Then just browse and find the art. I don't think there's a way to set the thumb via an .nfo file yet. I've read several threads where this action has been discussed as being added, like a <setcollectionthumb> tag but I don't think it's been implemented or is going to be any time soon.

- Rygrath - 2011-09-17

clubwerks Wrote:He didn't say he cleaned the library.

I made the assumption he did, looks like I was right Wink
Anyways, it's essentially what xmbc runs when you remove a source and tell it to remove the contents of that source. Just thought running refresh would work as it's worked for me many times and is less intrusive.

It worked for him as it did me and he also has your post for more information as well. No need to nit pick, we're both just trying to help Nerd