Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- daanodinot - 2011-10-06

First off, thanks for your new skin MarcosQui. Nod
I'm a bit confused about the artwork. I'd like to use a banner view for the shows, a poster view for each season and then the thumbnail images per episode. Right now I'm using banner.jpg/poster.jpg/fanart.jpg for the show (stored in the show folder), folder.jpg for the season poster (stored in the season folder) and finally SxxExx.jpg for each episode. I've tried alternating between the enable poster.jpg/landscape.jpg setting but I haven't found the solution...

- eskro - 2011-10-06

Hi guys, im having an hardcore time with this skin now,,

for god knows why, the banner mode for TV SHOWS doesnt work well,,,
the banners dont show up! they did before!
there's just no explanations here,,,

Banner.jpg are still in my TV SHOWS own folders...
just like usual!
but the banner wont appear on screen now!?

no matter what i try, updat/reload/scan for new content/ you name it!!

TV SHOW banners wont appear..
what i see is the banners but empty,,,

How Force MQ2 to show banner.jpg!?

i tried MQ3 and its the same!!

thanks

- mindweaver - 2011-10-06

Just want everybody with an interest to know that I am working on a Swedish translation. It will be posted soon.

Thx for this pretty good skin - _duke_ - 2011-10-06

I'm using it now, comming from "Neon", using that over a year.
I like the overall complete look, but i made little changes. I set the backgrounds to a single image of metal texture. Thats almost perfect for me for the next few months i think. I don't need the blast of different colored images while switching thru the menu.

What i do miss are a few viewtypes from Neon. The 3d-videowall in Neon is fabulous. And the fanart-based type, that only shows the fanart, which can be used in movies and tv-shows. From my personal feelings, the 3d-wall, how it is skinned by now, is not usefull.

And sorry for that, using the music-buttons on homescreen is a mess. Almost impossible to reach with a remote.

I'm hoping for improvements Smile

- wolves - 2011-10-06

mindweaver Wrote:Just want everybody with an interest to know that I am working on a Swedish translation. It will be posted soon.

Tack för det Nod

- clubwerks - 2011-10-06

eskro Wrote:Hi guys, im having an hardcore time with this skin now,,

for god knows why, the banner mode for TV SHOWS doesnt work well,,,
the banners dont show up! they did before!
there's just no explanations here,,,

Banner.jpg are still in my TV SHOWS own folders...
just like usual!
but the banner wont appear on screen now!?

no matter what i try, updat/reload/scan for new content/ you name it!!

TV SHOW banners wont appear..
what i see is the banners but empty,,,

How Force MQ2 to show banner.jpg!?

i tried MQ3 and its the same!!

thanks

There's a skin setting to make it use landscape.jpg. Is there a similar setting to make it use banners?

- eskro - 2011-10-06

well, in the left side menu, scrolling down its options,
you have EXtra Options which opens another menu to the right
and from there, there's a setting for banners,,
but i played with all of them,,,
banners just wont appear on screen,,,
all i see is the rectangles,, without the banners in,,,

- LAW-Mastermind - 2011-10-06

I can´t execute any script within this skin, Logodownloader does not work, tvtunes does not work, artwork manager does not work, I don´t know why Sad

- clubwerks - 2011-10-06

LAW-Mastermind Wrote:I can´t execute any script within this skin, Logodownloader does not work, tvtunes does not work, artwork manager does not work, I don´t know why Sad

I'm not going to comment on your specific scripts, but I don't think it's the skin. I think it's the fact that you're using pre-Eden, which is still unsupported by the majority of the community.

I think your right, tested with other skins, the funny thing is, they worked flawless a few weeks ago, and i didn´t update xbmc for weeks.

- Martijn - 2011-10-06

LAW-Mastermind Wrote:I can´t execute any script within this skin, Logodownloader does not work, tvtunes does not work, artwork manager does not work, I don´t know why Sad

Try updating to one of the latest builds. Most script follow the nightly changes closely so that maybe why they are broken now for you.

Would love to, but unfortunately i´m using opdenkamps pvr branch and he did not release a new package since 08/31

- SlyMaelstrom - 2011-10-06

LAW-Mastermind Wrote:Would love to, but unfortunately i´m using opdenkamps pvr branch and he did not release a new package since 08/31
I'm using the same build and have no issues with any of the scripts that you named under Windows 7 64-bit. My opinion is that you should freshly reinstall XBMC. That is to say, remove your profile folder, too. You can save some addon_data for your plugins, but everything else should be redone from scratch. It might be extreme, but if you don't know what changed it can be much simpler and much faster than digging around trying to fix it.

- BabaOrum - 2011-10-07

French translation in progress Wink

- daanodinot - 2011-10-07

Am I right that alternative banner uses banner.jpg and default banner folder.jpg? Although I got the former to work it seems rather 'unstable'. I had to to do several cleanups and rescans to get to finally show all banners. I decided to use the folder.jpg instead. It works really well and doesn't really limit any other artwork usage (as far as I can tell).

In the end I got everything as I wanted, except using several thumbnails for one multi-episode iso file. However, this has been mentioned in several threads and seems to do with the design of xbmc, where the thumbnail is bound to a file rather than an episode name.