Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

View type bug - k4sh1n - 2011-10-19

chrisvilla Wrote:Don't know if I'm missing something here. I have Aeon setup with a VidPlaylist called Stand-Up that brings up all my comedy stand-up shows that I have separated into another folder.

Now when I open this from home, all of the shows are there - great! But, when I have watched one the watched flag does not show.

When I go back into the Movies view, where my stand-up shows still appear, they are marked as watched, but not in the smart playlist.

Is this a limitation of smart playlists or am I missing something?Eek

I had the same issue, seems to be a bug with certain view types such as coverflow.

Change to another view until the final MQ3 is released and bug may be fixed correct me if i'm wrong, let me know how it goes.

- ArcAnjel - 2011-10-19

Love the new skin. So many improvements. But I have one issue that is, as far as I know, unaddressed. The cast list for a TV Shows displays correctly from the tvshow.nfo file, but cast list for each episode's .nfo file is not. The episode cast is listed, but at the bottom of the list any cast in the tvshow.nfo file that were intentionally left out of the episode.nfo file are added.

Many shows do not have every major character in every episode (or a major character leaves or is added on long running shows) so I think the episode cast list should not automatically list all of the characters from the tvshow.nfo file.

Just my opinion though.

TV Ep 01 + 02 - chrisuk11 - 2011-10-19

Unsure if this should be skin specific or for normal XBMC.

Occasionally when a tv ep is downloaded, it does 2 episodes together. Whats the best way to update XBMC so that it shows that the ep is 2 episodes, as it currently just shows ep 1 (ep 1 is also ep 2) then goes to ep 3.

Thanks in advance, apologises if this is the wrong section

- obladeo - 2011-10-19

Hi I've had a quick search on the forum and can't seem to find the problem i'm having. (i don't know that much about xbmc)

I've just wiped down my machine and installed a fresh 10.1 and mq3. When i go to video to add source it seems to be just a black screen. I can press back and it takes me back to the root menu but i can't seem to see the add source? Am i missing something?

When i go back to the default skin the add source is there.

- eskro - 2011-10-19

obladeo, thats a mq3 bug,,,
it has happen to me but on the music section...
the workaround is to go in skin settings,
and use bottom option called purge skin ...
i hope this bug gets adressed too in next version Smile

- obladeo - 2011-10-19

eskro Wrote:obladeo, thats a mq3 bug,,,

Thanks for the help Big Grin

BTW love the new skin so much better than mq2

- wouterdt - 2011-10-19

jimix Wrote:We can rearrange home menu and choose the order ? I tried to find that option in settings/skin but couldn't find it....How do you do that ?

You can't from within the skin, a few pages back I posted a little info on how to manipulate the order of the main menu, try finding that post.

- M@tze - 2011-10-19

Sorry for double posting my questions (asked the same in the MQ 3 Dharma Thread), but I don't think these questions are dharma related and after >1000 replies in this thread the chance is much greater they are already answered.

Installed MQ3 Dharma yesterday and was "shocked" by the amount of configuration possibilities this skin allows. Shocked

I used plain Aeon Nox before and now run into two problems, but think someone can help me with these. Both did work in Aeon Nox, but I don't get them to work in MQ 3. Maybe I missed a toggle button or something in the large menu structure?!

- I did not find the setting to use random movie fanart as background for the movies menu and to use random band fanart as background for the music menu?! This was a very nice feature in Aeon Nox and enabled by default (I think so). Or do I need to activate a special addon for this feature in MQ 3?

- My second problem is, that I used smartplaylists before, to separate the movies from my kids and all other movies. I don't like to scroll trough all the animes, until I find my own movies ... Laugh

I have all their movies in an axtra folder and used the "path .. starts with" rule for the smartplaylists. One which includes only movies in this folder, the other who excludes all these films. I marked one of them as a favourite, and in Aeon Nox I could set the default 'movies' button to a 'favourite' so I had only had to add one extra button for "KIDS". In MQ 3 I was not able to change the "movies" button to a playlist. After I created a playlist and assigned them to a new created button, MQ 3 starts immediately to play the first movie of this playlist instead to show me the database info of this movies.

How can I get this 2 features working? I think, that I do something wrong or missed to check some settings ...

- f-79 - 2011-10-19

M@tze Wrote:- I did not find the setting to use random movie fanart as background for the movies menu and to use random band fanart as background for the music menu?! This was a very nice feature in Aeon Nox and enabled by default (I think so). Or do I need to activate a special addon for this feature in MQ 3?

You can do this in 2 way:

1) If you have, somewhere, some directory with fanart you can go to -> SETTINGS -> SKIN -> SHORTCUTS/BACKDROPS select the category (MOVIES, for example) you want to edit, push enter and swhitch on "Change backdrop - multiple immage" and select the path where the fanart are stored.

2) Go to SETTINGS -> SKIN -> MAIN MENU and install the first add-on (artwork organizer) and than, allways in SKIN'S MAIN MENU switch on "use library fanarts dor the ... (movie, tvshows...)

- obladeo - 2011-10-19

eskro Wrote:obladeo, thats a mq3 bug,,,

I've just tried that and it didn't help. I've also noticed

when i go into the video i get the black screen and then out and switch to the default skin theres only this "...". Once i restart XBMC into the default skin and then go video the add source is back again.

- ArcAnjel - 2011-10-19

chrisuk11 Wrote:Unsure if this should be skin specific or for normal XBMC.

Occasionally when a tv ep is downloaded, it does 2 episodes together. Whats the best way to update XBMC so that it shows that the ep is 2 episodes, as it currently just shows ep 1 (ep 1 is also ep 2) then goes to ep 3.

The easiest way is just to title the file "TVShowName - SxxExx-xx.mkv" where the second xx in red is the number of the second episode. The problem with this is if you play the second episode it will start from the beginning of the first episode.

If you pre-scrape your media then the next easiest way is to fiddle with he episode's nfo file. There is a line <epbookmark></epbookmark> and if you put between the tags the number of seconds into the file the second episode starts. And then you can add a second <episodedetails> block for the second episode. Here is a link: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import_-_Export_Library#TV_Episodes
If you don't pre-scrape, you probably don't know what an NFO file is and should probably skip this.

Third, just split the file with MKVToolnix. Keep in mind the file may not split exactly were you want. Some files it seems split at keyframes, but most I haven't had any issue with.

- shadetree - 2011-10-19

obladeo Wrote:Hi I've had a quick search on the forum and can't seem to find the problem i'm having. (i don't know that much about xbmc)

I've just wiped down my machine and installed a fresh 10.1 and mq3. When i go to video to add source it seems to be just a black screen. I can press back and it takes me back to the root menu but i can't seem to see the add source? Am i missing something?

When i go back to the default skin the add source is there.

You need to uninstall MQ3-Eden and request MQ3-Dharma (10.1) and install that version to work correctly.

Follow Marcos instructions to obtain the MQ3-Dharma zip. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110958

- eskro - 2011-10-19

use the latest pre-eden releas with MQ3

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

chrisuk11 Wrote:Unsure if this should be skin specific or for normal XBMC.

Name them this way: TV.Show.Name.s01e01e02.HDTV.mkv

That is the BEST naming convention period. You can also use the <epbookmark> in an nfo file to set playback of the second episode precisely to the second.

- Krautmaster - 2011-10-19

eskro Wrote:+1, that effect is amazing!

also, the effect NIGHT skin has when u simply scroll through your movie collection!
if u know what i mean!
the image fading out effect kinda!!

Ken Burns works, Pan & Scan activate in Skin settings... had heavy flickering first, reboot fixed it.