Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- verhak - 2011-11-04

Quick question.. How do I get the movie trailers to work?
When browsing through my movies it shows the message that I should press 2x the Down key... but when doing this nothing happens (except for a message "Trailer Activated, Please Wait")..

Am I missing something? Should I install an add-on or so?

thx

- fattoony - 2011-11-04

verhak Wrote:Quick question.. How do I get the movie trailers to work?
When browsing through my movies it shows the message that I should press 2x the Down key... but when doing this nothing happens (except for a message "Trailer Activated, Please Wait")..

Am I missing something? Should I install an add-on or so?

thx

If you press i when a movi is highlighted then the info page should be displayed. You can then select and play, if available the trailer.

Also BIG thanks to the author of this skin! Quality, love it!!

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-11-04

dazombie46 Wrote:so you cant fix that or whatHuh i dont understand!!

+1

I'm not sure I understand either Marcos. I'm running in Super mode so that there are extra favourites and playlist menus available to configure. I can edit any of the current 5 favourites and video playlists I had previously configured however there is no option to add a playlist or favourite for any more which defeats the purpose of running in Super mode because you want to configure more options.

I can add and remove favourites and playlists in Neon SVN and Night SVN but they only provide a maximum of 5 options and not 10 so unsure as to what your comment about testing on another skin is supposed to reveal.

I've changed back to pro mode in any event.

Really like the work you've put in on this skin.

Is there any plan to add a tv guide page as I noticed there is a background jpg for it and that option was available in MQ 2.

- isamu.dragon - 2011-11-04

verhak Wrote:Hi marcosqui,

I'm new to this forum.. Anyway nice skin you have created.
With your latest update I think i've encountered a small bug. I can't get rid of the artist biograhpy in audio view mode. Switchting the parameters on/off in the skin settings doesn't change a thing.

Thanks!

JohnVee Wrote:I have noticed this as well.

Myself included.

- jdearauj - 2011-11-04

I saw a few posts of users using this skin on Apple TV 2 who were experiencing lag. Can you confirm if you were able to fix this issue?

I just installed the skin last night and have quite bad lag compared to other skins. I chose the Normal setting, should i maybe have gone for the Lite version?

Other than that would really like this to work as it looks like a amazing skin.

How to create a simple playlist? - markimark - 2011-11-04

I work for quite some time with xbmc but I am just not smart enough to find out how to create an easy playlist that does not have to be a smart playlist but just a playlist that is showing me the content of a certain folder that I have set up for mixed type of videos. Like my folder "specials". It contains several videos that can´t be categorized or scraped. I just cannot find a way to create a playlist for that folder.

All I see is how to create a smartPlaylist but that is only available for scrapable content, like TV Shows or Movies.
If I try the "Now Playing" context, it doesn´t get me any further. I can queue items, yes but I can not use "save" on the slide out menu on the left because there is no way to reach the lower part of that menu. It keeps sticking at MODE.

Do I miss here something basic?

Any help on that would be really appreciated because without the playlist feature it will be hard to organize things, right?

- Sabish - 2011-11-04

wanderer Wrote:I'll join with others, great work on the skin! I have been running an "ancient" version of aeon (by djh) and have recently updated and one thing look a lot less sleek then the old Aeon and that is the "watched" overlay. The new looks almost "pixelated" while the old had a very neat and clean look. Is it possible to override the overlay somehow with the one from the old Aeon?

+1

I was gonna ask the same thing : it's a shame, since the whole skin looks so clean and polished ! My 0.002 cts : Ideally, the "watched" and "new" from Aeon NOX would fit in just great in MQ3 Wink

Since we're on the topic, the other thing that "bothers" me is the default CDart, wich i would like to replace with a custom cd.png of my own wich looks far better IMHO. Is there any way to overrride the default Cd.png ? Maybe by hacking the musicOSD.xml, or something like that ? Can someone point me to the right direction ??

Anyway, fantastic skin !

- losedes - 2011-11-04

i want to install it on my XBMC for AppleTV2 running the Pre Eden last nightbuild. It works on it?
How do i install the themes? when i click on the aeon repo it appears empty.
Could anyone help me pleaseHuh? me, my wife and sons will appreciate...

- jdearauj - 2011-11-04

losedes Wrote:i want to install it on my XBMC for AppleTV2 running the Pre Eden last nightbuild. It works on it?
How do i install the themes? when i click on the aeon repo it appears empty.
Could anyone help me pleaseHuh? me, my wife and sons will appreciate...

Hi,

I had the same issue last night on my atv2. I added the Aeon repo, but could not see the install. Eventually decided to do a restart of the atv2 and after the restart the skin was available to install via the add-ons.

Let me know how you get on as i'm getting allot of lag on the normal selection.

Thanks

- losedes - 2011-11-04

jdearauj Wrote:Hi,

I had the same issue last night on my atv2. I added the Aeon repo, but could not see the install. Eventually decided to do a restart of the atv2 and after the restart the skin was available to install via the add-ons.

Let me know how you get on as i'm getting allot of lag on the normal selection.

Thanks

ok but my problem is that when i click on any repo, even the XBMC official repo, there´s nothing inside. Do you understand me?

- jdearauj - 2011-11-04

losedes Wrote:ok but my problem is that when I click on any repo, even the XBMC official repo, there´s nothing inside. Do you understand me?

I think I had the same issue or should I say lack of knowledge on my part. As far as I remember, you enable the add-on being the repo. You then go into settings and skin where the Aeon skin should be available now to install. This was not the case until I restarted the atv2.

Sorry I’m quite new to all this and don’t have my atv2 with me at work. I’ll have a look this evening, unless somebody else answers.

- jitterjames - 2011-11-04

markimark Wrote:I work for quite some time with xbmc but I am just not smart enough to find out how to create an easy playlist that does not have to be a smart playlist but just a playlist that is showing me the content of a certain folder that I have set up for mixed type of videos. Like my folder "specials". It contains several videos that can´t be categorized or scraped. I just cannot find a way to create a playlist for that folder.

All I see is how to create a smartPlaylist but that is only available for scrapable content, like TV Shows or Movies.
If I try the "Now Playing" context, it doesn´t get me any further. I can queue items, yes but I can not use "save" on the slide out menu on the left because there is no way to reach the lower part of that menu. It keeps sticking at MODE.

Do I miss here something basic?

Any help on that would be really appreciated because without the playlist feature it will be hard to organize things, right?

I don't think that XBMC will allow you to create a playlist of stuff that hasn't been scraped into the library. This has nothing to do with MQ3. However, I think I have a reasonable solution for you. From the home screen select Videos. Browse to the path just above your special folder (add as source if you need to and mark content and "none"). Highlight the special folder and then press C and select "add to favorites".

You can then access favorites from the home screen by going to videos and pressing down. Or, now that it is a favorite you can add it as an item on the home screen.

The only way I can think to create a playlist of non-scraped content would be either with a text editor, or by queuing all the files in the directory and then saving the playlist but you would have to keep updating it every time you added something.

- jitterjames - 2011-11-04

Sabish Wrote:+1

I was gonna ask the same thing : it's a shame, since the whole skin looks so clean and polished ! My 0.002 cts : Ideally, the "watched" and "new" from Aeon NOX would fit in just great in MQ3 Wink

Since we're on the topic, the other thing that "bothers" me is the default CDart, wich i would like to replace with a custom cd.png of my own wich looks far better IMHO. Is there any way to overrride the default Cd.png ? Maybe by hacking the musicOSD.xml, or something like that ? Can someone point me to the right direction ??

Anyway, fantastic skin !

I think you can override an image by placing a new one in the media folder. You just need to get the filename right.

...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\media

Of course I *could* be wrong about this Laugh

- Sabish - 2011-11-04

jitterjames Wrote:I think you can override an image by placing a new one in the media folder. You just need to get the filename right.

...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.3\media

Of course I *could* be wrong about this Laugh

Thanks for the reply !

It doesn't work tough Eek ..i tried with cdart.png, cd.png, default.png ... no luck so far.

Anyone ?

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-04

samurai07 Wrote:I've found the reason why in Videos/files with viewtype Wall no thumbnails are displayed. In the according <visible>-tag the mode files is missing.

If you want see the thumbnails again change line no. 13848 and 13905 in the file Views.xml in your skin directory from

Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos) | Container.Content(tvshows) + !Skin.HasSetting(tvposter) | Container.Content(seasons)]</visible>
to
Code:
<visible>[Container.Content(files) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos) | Container.Content(tvshows) + !Skin.HasSetting(tvposter) | Container.Content(seasons)]</visible>

Marcos, can you please change this in the next version if it doesn't brake something else?

Thanks, I added your change and the flags to the video files.
It is necessary to test.