Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3 (/showthread.php?tid=107793)

- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-06

catweazle71 Wrote:Yep both of you,

I have time to support and I have time to just translate into german, but I wouldn't start without comment from mad-max, because he is the previous translator and I don't want to act against him Nod

catweazle

Sure, proposed way is fine with me. Let's see whether MarcosQui can approach mad-max and get a statement from his side.

@MarcosQui: Please get in touch with catweazle and me when you see the necessity that we should replace mad-max for the German translation.

- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-06

r4nd0m Wrote:sorry, hast recht ... strings.xml nicht settings... im eifer des gefechtes ...

you are right the file is called strings.xml ... but I am on linux and there its found in .xbmc/addons/skin.aeon mq.3/anguage/English/strings.xml but it should be the same file ...

No problem. Just want to be sure that I use the correct file for translation... Rolleyes

- samurai07 - 2011-11-07

Hi Marcos,

after testing the new version I have noticed the following things.

Bugs with fix (where all line no. belongs to Views.xml):
  • in videos/files with viewtype Wall no thumbnails are displayed when displaying of media cases is activated
    fix: add Container.Content(files) to the visible-tag at line 14059
  • in videos/files with viewtype Wall the watched overlay isn't displayed
    fix: add Container.Content(files) to the visible-tags at lines 15005, 15011, 15027 and 15035
  • in videos/files with viewtype LowList no thumbnails are displayed
    fix: add Container.Content(files) to the visible-tags at lines 7549, 7557, 7565 and 7573
  • in videos/files with viewtype List and Narrow List activated the watched overlay isn't displayed for files not added to the library
    fix: add Container.Content(files) to the visible-tags at lines 6678 and 6848

Bugs:
  • in videos/files with viewtypes List, LowList and Wall no media flags are displayed
  • in videos/files with viewtype LowList the size of the videofile disappears when the video is highlighted
  • in videos/files with viewtype List and Narrow List activated the watched overlay isn't displayed for files added to the library
  • in videos/files with viewtype List and Narrow List activated the episode title is displayed for tv shows that are in the library instead of the filename
  • in movies and tv shows with viewtype 3DWall the watched overlay isn't displayed (seems not to be in the source)
  • in movies pressing down twice the info window and the covers don't disappear to let us see the fanart completely. In tv shows it works very well in episode view
  • Settings->ADD-ONS->Options of an ADD-ON when the cursor is on UPDATE or on Changelog and you press "UP" the cursor is going UP two entries instead of one entry
  • extrafanart doesn't work in episode view in tv shows, the default picture for tv shows is displayed
  • artist slideshow always shows images of the first artist played. If the artist change, like in compilations, it is not recognized and continue displaying the images from the first artist. Even if you stop playing and start playing songs from another artist, artist slideshow displays the images of the first artist played. You have to restart XBMC to get another artist slideshow.

Suggestions/Requests:
  • in movies with viewtype LowList the words PLOT OUTLINE should be removed. It is clear that there the plot is displayed
  • in movies with viewtype 3DWall, Shelf and Panel the media flags, title, year, ... are not seen very well with dark coloured backgrounds. Here it seems better to use white instead of black as colour (like in the sample images in the settings)
  • the rss feed isn't readable very well. Please make the background non transparent.
  • from the changes: Changed: Library Totals - improved for larger counter.
    For me the switch every few seconds is suboptimal.Blush I have no mini menu in the middle. For that there is many many place to expand the Library Totals to the right. Can you simply expand the Library Totals to the right if the mini menu is deactivated and let the switching if the mini menu is activated?
  • Can you divide the display of date/time and weather info in the main menu into two different options like in MQ2? My htpc lags every time xbmc get infos from the internet. Therefor updating the weather info results in a lag. For me it's enough to see the weather information at the weather screen
  • Add an option at Customize Shortcuts and Images->Movies to add a SmartPlaylist to display instead of displaying the whole video library. Reason: Many of us have SmartPlaylists added to the main menu which displays a part of the video library. These movies should not displayed in movies. If you do that, is it possible to change the library totals to the amount of videos decribed by the SmartPlaylist? And if that is possible, it will be great if every SmartPlaylist added to the main menu has its own totals. Big Grin
  • The OSD that can be opened during video play has Playlist focused. Can you focus Play again like in MQ2?

Question: What is smallmoviewall for?

Thanks again for this great skin!

- deh2k7 - 2011-11-07

schumi2004 Wrote:Is Weather Plus (2.3.1) compatible with MQ3?

Since there are some problems with the default plugin i tried Weather Plus but MQ3 isn't listed as compatible there.

Is seems to work so far but i need to change layout every time to 7 days or 4 days to show weather information, it seems to jump back to default every time weather plugin layout. Is this a compatibility issue or plugin error?

I seem to be having the same issue, using MQ3 from the repository and a pre-eden build, weather plus 2.3.2. Also, while the 7-day forcast works, the current temp, humidity, etc, is all blank. Does MQ3 get that info from the 'basic' weather plugin perhaps? It stopped working right around the same time as the basic weather plugin did.

- -EaS- - 2011-11-07

RavenNL Wrote:My recently added stopped working, only thing that has changed in the last few days is that I installed MQ3. It worked fine for a while but yesterday I rebooted the computer and now recently added only show blanks.

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

-EaS- Wrote:Exact same here, also worked at first. After a reboot I now only have this:

Solved. Chose the Dharma 10.1 version of the skin and recently added worked as before. It seems that not all pre-Eden versions qualify as "pre-Eden".

- wouterdt - 2011-11-07

-EaS- Wrote:Systeminfo:

Recently added working fine here. It's embedded in XBMC now so try to remove the addon if you still have it installed.

Also you are running a nightly that's 3/4 of a year old, I suggest you try an updated nightly.

- RavenNL - 2011-11-07

-EaS- Wrote:Solved. Chose the Dharma 10.1 version of the skin and recently added worked as before. It seems that not all pre-Eden versions qualify as "pre-Eden".

Thanks but that wasn't the case, i completely removed xbmc & appdata this weekend and reinstalled everything. Its working fine now.

- RavenNL - 2011-11-07

-EaS- Wrote:2- If I'm in the TV-Shows section, and I have watched an episode of "insert whatever show" and I get back into the episode listing screen (banner view - with both transparent settings on), I first get to see the background as is seen when you select TV Shows. Only after that I get to see the fanart background that belongs to the "insert whatever show". It just shows that background (from when you select TV Shows) a fraction of a second, but all-in-all that ofcourse doesn't look very "polished". Smile Are there more with the same problem?

+1, think it also applies to the movies screen. By a split second you can still the default wallpaper that is default by MQ3

- MarcosQui - 2011-11-07

samurai07, I am very grateful for your help.

About the other bugs, you or someone would have a reference file, so I can do some tests?

- Labestiol - 2011-11-07

Hello,

I've noticed that the "Games" and "Programs" tabs have disappeared from the main menu. How can I retrieve them and run my games ?

I understand that Advanced Launcher and the skin "games" was included in MQ3

Thanks!

- john.doe - 2011-11-07

I've enabled "Use text for movie rating" but it is still showing stars in the bottom left corner and not text. I'm using the Low List.

Is it a bug or have I misunderstood?

Also, is it possible to add more information to the Low List like rating beside the year?

EDIT: Is it by the way intended that pressing twice on the right button is disabled if I disable "Show available trailer reminder"? If I disable that reminder I have to start the trailer from the info menu.

- fattoony - 2011-11-07

devkid Wrote:Thanks Marcos, MQ2 and MQ3 are really awesome. I didnt find another skin as beautiful as they are.
One question: I upgraded recently from MQ2 to MQ3 on my atom system. I am using the "normal" mode but for me the MQ3 is quite a bit slower at some places than MQ2. For example when switching to the Movies view or switching back to the main menu it takes several seconds while MQ2 was much faster. Is this just the case or am I doing something wrong?
I might just stick with MQ2 then when it performs better for me.

devkid
Do you have dirty regions (dr) enabled in advancedsettings.xml?
This causes crashes and or long pauses (20-40 seconds) when moving from certain views and the main menu and is making the skin unusable on my system with dr enabled.

@MarcosQui
assuming this is not unique to my setup are they any planes to make MQ3 compatible with dr?
This becomes more relevant with lower powered systems such as atv2. Also I believe dr will be enabled as default in the upcoming Eden release.

- -EaS- - 2011-11-07

wouterdt Wrote:Recently added working fine here. It's embedded in XBMC now so try to remove the addon if you still have it installed.

Also you are running a nightly that's 3/4 of a year old, I suggest you try an updated nightly.

RavenNL Wrote:Thanks but that wasn't the case, i completely removed xbmc & appdata this weekend and reinstalled everything. Its working fine now.

Updated to the latest version available as well:

Recently added is working now as it should (skin in pre-eden mode).
Split second default wallpaper issue is still there though (but only in TV Shows, in the Movie section the background is black for a split second, before loading the fanart wallpaper belonging to a certain movie).

- Krautmaster - 2011-11-07

please fix the PVR TV Logo problem. =)

German Translation would be nice too... thanks for ur work!

- RavenNL - 2011-11-07

-EaS- Wrote:Updated to the latest version available as well:

Recently added is working now as it should (skin in pre-eden mode).
Split second default wallpaper issue is still there though (but only in TV Shows, in the Movie section the background is black for a split second, before loading the fanart wallpaper belonging to a certain movie).

No its also visible on the movie screen.

I've made a movie so Marco can see what we mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THQReLyD1lM

At the movie library when im switching between Cars you can see superman, and when i check the tv library you can see the girl with the blue screen