Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon (/showthread.php?tid=108124)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Ledgerat - 2012-12-30

Hi, I've tea other people having this problem but I can't find a definite solution. I have the latest stable Eden (not a nightly build). I have no trouble installing the amazon app, and all my info for prime is accurate since my iphone app successfully retrieves it all fine, but I am currently not able to download my watchlist. Also I have yet to find a show or movie that does anything but show a clip/trailer. My daughter watches spongebob constantly on my iphone but I can only get small clips through xbmc. Any ideas or directions I need to follow? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Update: never mind. I put the Librtmp.dll in the wrong folder. Seems to work great now. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - htpc guy - 2012-12-30

Its been a while since I took a look at this plugin. Great work BlueCop. Anyway, I can see there is an export to library function. I'm digging through the thread and see that this function was broken at one point but I can't tell if it was fixed.

If its working then how do I set this up?
I have the option to keep exported items in c:\amazon prime and I added that as a source in xbmc. I choose to export an entire show and nothing happens (c:\amazon prime has nothing in it). I've tried specific episodes as well.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - nicheplayer - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-30, 16:05)Ledgerat Wrote: Update: never mind. I put the Librtmp.dll in the wrong folder. Seems to work great now. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem of seeing only trailers for rented movies?

(2012-12-30, 19:23)htpc guy Wrote: Its been a while since I took a look at this plugin. Great work BlueCop.

Hey, htpc guy, have you ever seen This Is Spinal Tap? The size of your TV in your sig reminds me of the Stonehenge gag. ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - htpc guy - 2012-12-31

Wow, I've had my signature saying I had a 52 foot TV for a long time now.Blush That would be one epic television. Its been corrected now.Tongue

(2012-12-31, 04:52)nicheplayer Wrote:
(2012-12-30, 16:05)Ledgerat Wrote: Update: never mind. I put the Librtmp.dll in the wrong folder. Seems to work great now. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem of seeing only trailers for rented movies?

(2012-12-30, 19:23)htpc guy Wrote: Its been a while since I took a look at this plugin. Great work BlueCop.

Hey, htpc guy, have you ever seen This Is Spinal Tap? The size of your TV in your sig reminds me of the Stonehenge gag. ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - nicheplayer - 2012-12-31

(2012-12-31, 16:32)htpc guy Wrote: Wow, I've had my signature saying I had a 52 foot TV for a long time now.Blush That would be one epic television. Its been corrected now.Tongue

Yes, truly epic. BTW, I've been looking at that Onkyo receiver you have. It's now off-sale at Amazon, I suspect due to some HDMI issues. If you have a minute, would you mind PMing me with your thoughts on the unit? I'm fairly close to buying the Yamaha RX-V371BL instead.... Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - krola - 2013-01-01

(2012-12-28, 20:34)BlueCop Wrote: krola: Thanks for the research into the problem. I would love to incorporate your changes. Sorry for the slow response. You can pm or post here. whatever is convenient.

The fix helped also locoguano so I think there is a fair change that it will help at least some having the same problem we had.

I have sent my changes to BlueCop so hopefully the problem will be fixed in the repository.

As it seems that quite a few people are having this problem, I uploaded the changed two python files here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?omy5eagv8w6b6

The fix only works if you select "Purchases and Rentals" in the plugin main menu and continue from there on. There are other ways to get to rental movies, but the change will probably not help with these.

The files should be copied to the Amazon addon directory in the subdirectory resources/lib. You should find there two files with matching names. If you can't find the directory on your own, or if you don't know how to backup the plugin so that you can restore the plugin to original state in case of problems, you should not try this.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2013-01-01

many thanks to krola. The ASIN types are still confusing to me. I wish I knew more about them. I am still not sure I understand. There is a different ASIN for the type of transaction it is. There are different ASIN types for HD and non-HD versions of content. Sometimes it seems like these overlap. Maybe i am not interpreting correctly.

krola's fix is for movies. Does anyone know if a similar fix is needed for purchase or rented television episodes?

I committed krola's fix for purchase movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - gurgietrueshot - 2013-01-02

Big thanks to BlueCop and krola on the quick fix. The updated app worked for me. The quick fix is really appreciated and the app is great.

For give me if there is a fix out for this and I missed it in the thread but I recently added a lot of items to my watch list from my laptop and they are not showing up in xbmc. They were added before this most recent update so it isn't fallout from the update. I added bunch for old Dr. Who episodes along with Star Trek: TNG and some old cartoons. When I first installed the prime add-on it worked. Any thoughts? If you need logs let me know the best file to grab logs from. I tried deleting the data for the app in the User directory and reinstalling but that didn't help.

Forgot to mention I'm running Eden on Windows 8

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Mohrdain - 2013-01-02

Question;

I rented Calendar Girls for my wife to watch and it showed up in my Purchases & Rentals section, but when she went to play it, the stream started to open and then threw up the error about it using Limelight with swf2verify and it may fail to play. It failed to play.

I searched through this thread and the XBMC forums and the conclusion that I came to is that this error may just happen depending on the authentication server that Amazon is using for a Rented movie? I may have misread the couple of posts that touched on this, which is why I wanted to put this post out there and ask; is this error about Limelight using swf2verify a known issue for Rented Movies or am doing something incorrect?

I am running Eden v.11 on a Windows 8 machine. I am happy to provide additional information if it is needed.

Thanks
Russ

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - Ledgerat - 2013-01-02

Yes the librtmp fixed my trailer issue. I am able to see all the directories and play movies. Now I have a new question.....

I just installed RC2 Fro do on my nexus 7 and installed the amazon plugin. It can fully see all the amazon directories and my watchlist correctly, but nothing will play. Is this because there is no true flash support with nexus 7/latest android versions? Will xbmc have their own player be able to decode this in the future? Or do you think this is a pipe dream? Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2013-01-02

htpc guy: I think there are some problems in the export code for new installations or custom directories. I need to investigate because I haven't encountered the problem.

make sure to uncheck the "store in add-on settings" if you want a custom directory. It might be better to clarify by greying out the custom directory option if it is checked.

gurgietrueshot: does it list any content there? does your login work correctly?

Mohrdain: yea unfortunately librtmp can't playback from limelight. swfverify2 support would need to be added to librtmp for it to work with xbmc. You could manually update to one of the latest librtmp.dll . I am not up to date but there were some rtmpdump builds which supported newer features. I am not sure if there is a build somewhere that does support swfverify2. I know there was a manual patch to send the swfverify 1 response to the type 2 request and this works for some server configurations. I am not sure if it would work here. It depends on how the rtmp server is configured.

Ledgerat: Every XBMC build for android I have seen uses a librtmp that is too old. I haven't checked them all. My girlfriend has a nexus 7 and I had to manually update the librtmp to get hulu and amazon working.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - rtate78 - 2013-01-02

Love this plugin, the best one for xbmc by far. Thanks so much bluecop. I was wondering though, is there a way to have logos for amazon prime or purchased movies and tv shows to show up when pausing during playback? This is an option for local files, but I haven't been able to get it to work on .strm files.

I have tried putting a logo.png file in a folder with the movie title and .strm file in there as you would normally do, but that didn't work. Any ideas? Do you bluecop or anyone else know if this is possible?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - gurgietrueshot - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-02, 04:45)BlueCop Wrote: gurgietrueshot: does it list any content there? does your login work correctly?

Yes the log in is working fine. I can play movies I have purchased and it does show some of my watch list items. At first I thought it was date related but after looking at things further that is not the case. Everything I added prior to 12/03 is in my watch list (several movies and TV Series). I added the Dr. Who Matt Smith Specials (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AT995CG) on 12/03 and it shows up in TV episodes just fine. I added many of the original Dr. Who episodes that same day and none of those show up (ex http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I64K48). I added the recent Adventures of TinTin movie (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GE2H3G) on the 28th and it showed up instantly. We started watching it on my htpc 5 minutes after I added it to my watch list from my laptop. On the 29th I added DuckTales (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOIKFLW) and Rescue Rangers(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOIRBBO) (nothing like introducing kids to some classics) and neither of those have shown up. On the 30th I added the first season of StarTrek TNG (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HEVCUQ) and that has not shown up.

Thanks again for your continued work on this. This app made moving away from Netflix Feasible.

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - felixxx999 - 2013-01-03

I found an interesting problem. The show Whitechapel. I can add it to my Watchlist and watch it on the computer fine. But when I search for it through this on XBMC, I only get the series and season with no episodes to choose from (I can't find it on my Watchlist, so I search for it through BBC America, then click on the season and there are no episodes for Season 2 or 3.) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009OEA42M There's an option to watch on HD or SD on the computer. Could that be the issue?

RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video plug-in addon - BlueCop - 2013-01-05

rtate78: I will look into it. I didn't know this is currently a feature. I will have to investigate what is possible. What logo are you using? Do you have a link? I might have to activate the logo from within the playback code. This would be a cool optional feature.

gurgietrueshot & felixxx999: Indeed I can replicate these issues. Thank you the details you provides about the problem. I am looking into the problem. It is probably something wrong with the database logic.

I am trying to get the code for building the prime database fixed. It has bugs that would cause some episodes to be missing. I think this is due to api request limits that I didn't implement properly. I would probably do better with documentation but I have just been figuring it out from logs of many types of api requests.

I plan to work on this today. I will see what I can get done.

Edit: I fixed the bug with the 20 episode limit when building a new prime database. I am building a new television db now. i will refresh the movies too and update them.