Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Machete - 2012-04-03

(2012-04-03, 17:35)BlueCop Wrote: ailingcoot: that snippet isn't very informative. it doesn't include anything leading to the error.

Machete: I added a youtube fallback for caching in an update because a few videos weren't available on the primary vevo source.

I will look into changing it to be a setting that you can toggle to choose where it caches.

Thanks a lot.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - manfeed - 2012-04-04

Hi BlueCop, first and foremost let me congratulate for your excellent work. I'm especially fond of the option "Favorite Artists"; seeing videos of the artists that I already had in my library does add a new dimension!

I have noticed that some of my artists don't appear in the list though they do have videos; I know that is due to Vevo, since they don't have those videos available, however a quick search in youtube and a lot of videos do appear. Perhaps I'm asking for too much (sorry if that is the case) but, would it be possible to combine Vevo and Youtube as sources for the section "Favorite Artists"? Perhaps some kind of option in the addon configuration to let you choose if you want to mix both sources?

Thanks.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-04

manfeed: I have been looking at calling the youtube plugin for searches. It is already amazing.

I don't know if you are aware of the "More %s Videos" with the artist name. They are context items on a artists videos that will display more of the videos from them that artist. There are also options for featured artists in the video.

My idea right now to add "Youtube Search" which will return the seach retults from youtube for the artist.

I basically want to call a youtube search as a container update. Those lists will act just like they would in the would in the youtube plugin. I am not familiar enough with the youtube plugin to do it yet.

It won't be full integration between them but It will allow you to bring up an artist name search on youtube very quickly.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 01:10)BlueCop Wrote: manfeed: I have been looking at calling the youtube plugin for searches. It is already amazing.

I don't know if you are aware of the "More %s Videos" with the artist name. They are context items on a artists videos that will display more of the videos from them that artist. There are also options for featured artists in the video.

My idea right now to add "Youtube Search" which will return the seach retults from youtube for the artist.

I basically want to call a youtube search as a container update. Those lists will act just like they would in the would in the youtube plugin. I am not familiar enough with the youtube plugin to do it yet.

It won't be full integration between them but It will allow you to bring up an artist name search on youtube very quickly.
@blucop That's an excellent idea! In this way, Vevo would be more powerful! I wanna add one comment might be off the topic: the youtube plug-in allows user to "download" the video,however, it won't cache. I do hope to get similar cache functions like Vevo already does when related to HD music video.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-04-04

BlueCop

Anything else i can try to get my playlists to show up?

This is the best plugin and before this facebook stuff, i had no issues seeign my playlists created on the VEVO site-

Am i missing something ?

1. I created a Facebook login
2. logged into VEVO site with that facebook login
3. created playlist
4 configured vevo plugin in xbmc with that login and pass
5. browse to playlists

It only loads 1 item and that is top playlists
i never see my custom playlists that i have on vevo.com

any ideas?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-04

check get new token.

it doesn't seem to think you have one to access vevo

the plugin will disable the setting when it grabs a new one.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-04-04

(2012-04-04, 03:58)BlueCop Wrote: check get new token.

it doesn't seem to think you have one to access vevo

the plugin will disable the setting when it grabs a new one.

I tried that per your previous post - and once again totally appreciate the quick response -

Let me just make sure i am doing this right -

When i go into the Vevo settings it says get new token and that is by default checked ON, always it is always checked on - is it supposed to be?

So anyway just to try something i disabled it- started Vevo plug in - shut down, and then went back into Vevo settings and turned it back ON ... still no good.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - joshbstevens - 2012-04-04

@BlueCop & Dugan26
i'm having the exact same problem Dugan26, and did everything that he did to try and fix it (changing the token off then on again... nothing seem to be fixing it.... not sure exactly what to do... i'm running 11.0 Beta 3 not sure if thats the reason. I haven't updated to the newest because navi-x isn't working with that version yet.

Thank you so much for all your hard work on this!! This plugin is so awesome

Josh

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-05

dugan26: an intermediate fb app token is failing to verify as valid which used to get the vevo token which is used for playlist access.

have you tripled checked your login info?

I will put in a dialog to inform when the token verification fails.

'get new token' should be checked when you first log in but it will un-check itself once it has the token.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - joshbstevens - 2012-04-05

bluecop: I tried all of what you reccommended for dugan26 and i'm still having no luck... i'm on version 0.6.7

everything else is working just fine how it should.... its so odd... i wonder if it just takes time for the vevo site to sync with facebook and then to the plugin? I remember on older versions sometimes the an updated playlists would take a few hours before it would sync and show up on the plugin...
I just linked it to my account today... so maybe i will check back tomorrow and see if its working.
otherwise Dugan26 let me know if your still having the same problem.
i'v trippled checked my login and password.

anyways thanks for looking into it! hopefully something will work out soon, loving all the new stuff you added

Thanks again!

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - BlueCop - 2012-04-05

joshbstevens: I noticed the lag in updating the lists. It happened because we accessed the public version of the playlist. I believe these are cached every so often so can be outdated.

I fixed that in the current version. We access the authenticated lists so they should always be current because they don't seem to be cached.

I am not sure why the log-in token isn't authenticating as valid. I will try to figure out what is happening.

I thought all you had to do was log-in on the website to connect your account. It should work in the plug-in after that as far as i know.

if anyone of your have vevo on your phones or tablets then try to log-in there as well before you use the plug-in. It is using the api authentication method and not the website authentication method.

How many people have successfully logged in with the plugin? I got at least one confirmation in the thread.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-04-05

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

BlueCop,

My dearest apologies for wasting your time ...

Call me Bozo-

Was the password - duh!

I created a facebook login just for this plugin and of course i used some password that i dont typically use ...

Josh, I checked the plugin on my phone - download the app - make sure your credentials are correct ... I know you said you tried that - but try it on the phone - make sure it logs in.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - jimjones - 2012-04-07

(2012-04-05, 04:56)BlueCop Wrote: How many people have successfully logged in with the plugin? I got at least one confirmation in the thread.

Created my playlist on vevo.com and logged in successfully. This is my most used xbmc plugin and each update gets better and better !

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - ailingcoot - 2012-04-09

@BlueCop
Got the newest update and found that it took a long time to load the playlist,check the log as follows:
T:4152 NOTICE: FACEBOOK MEDIA:facebook.py - ERROR: GraphWrap::extractTokenFromURL (656) - 'access_token'

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - dugan26 - 2012-04-09

While you are in a playlist - is it possible to skip a few songs and jump around?

Not with Fast Forward - but to actually jump to a future song -

Also - If I "exit" out can I jump down the playlist and "Play from here" type thing?

Seems as if I do that it only plays single tracks