Kodi Community Forum
[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon (/showthread.php?tid=108556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Flyersfan - 2014-12-05

This is a great add-on (thanks to Moneymaker and Learningit for picking up the development). It looked like the Facebook login issue had been fixed a couple of weeks ago (at least from what I inferred from the notes on the github download page), so I did a clean install of the latest version (I am on Gotham using OpenElec) which then had a script error when trying to open the add-on. I then went back and installed version 7c which worked (and then immediately updated itself to the latest version which also worked). The only thing that is not working is when I try to access "my playlists" (as it uses the Facebook login to access your Vevo account) - I get a "working" message and then a "Facebook login failed" message. I will try to get a log posted, but before I bother, is the Facebook login still a known issue that is being worked on? (if so, I will just wait for the hopeful fix). If it's supposed to be working - I will get a debug log posted tonight.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2014-12-06

There is a known problem with the Facebook login. I have a fix for it that I need to do a bit more testing on. I hope to get out the start of next week.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Flyersfan - 2014-12-08

Great. Thanks for letting me know and also for the time/effort you are putting into this great add-on.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - jmh2002 - 2014-12-09

I get an immediate script fail and the addon doesnt even open after the latest update to v0.7.9. Does anyone else have this problem?

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2014-12-09

(2014-12-09, 10:09)jmh2002 Wrote: I get an immediate script fail and the addon doesnt even open after the latest update to v0.7.9. Does anyone else have this problem?

Can you post your debug log on xbmclogs.com? It's working for me. Thanks

(2014-12-09, 13:51)learningit Wrote: Can you post your debug log on xbmclogs.com? It's working for me. Thanks

Yes, here it is thank you Smile http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=368229

I see some error about vevo and facebook, but Im not sure what it means.

(2014-12-09, 14:15)jmh2002 Wrote: Yes, here it is thank you Smile http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=368229

I see some error about vevo and facebook, but Im not sure what it means.

OK that's my fault, I was having a stupid day yesterday. I didn't include script.facebook.media by ruuk as a dependency in addon.xml.
I'll get that fixed. In the meantime, you should be able to get things going by installing it from the xbmc.org repo.

Installation should be done through Kodi System::Settings::Add-ons::Get Add-Ons::All Add-Ons:Tonguerogram Add-Ons::Facebook-media

Ok yes thats it. I confirm that installing the Facebook Media addon fixed my script error on both Windows and iOS. Thank you! Smile

I have another question: Im currently in France and I have the Lat / Long disabled in the configuration, however the Featured section still shows me a lot of French language videos. What is the best way to change this? Enter a Lat/Long for the USA, or?

(2014-12-09, 17:34)jmh2002 Wrote: Ok yes thats it. I confirm that installing the Facebook Media addon fixed my script error on both Windows and iOS. Thank you! Smile

I have another question: Im currently in France and I have the Lat / Long disabled in the configuration, however the Featured section still shows me a lot of French language videos. What is the best way to change this? Enter a Lat/Long for the USA, or?

I haven't played with that feature, but when I looked at the code it should work that way. I have some more updating to do for staff picks and some other items as there is now a list of countries to choose from. I need to display a pick list or set an addon setting to get that sorted out - I'll try to get to it soon.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - thekid - 2014-12-12

my vevo also stopped working a month ago. It is on version 0.8.0 but keeps saying unmet dependencies now. Before it updated to 8, it would open but nothing would play. I tried installing the latest version from moneymaker which seems to only be version 0.7.8 and that gives a script failed error. I also tried to install from xbmc plus repo but it says incompatible so I can't install. I installed the facebook media addon incase that was needed but doesn't help. I am running gotham 13.2. This addon worked for months without any issues until this past month.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2014-12-12

Please install version 0.8.2 from moneymaker's git https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.vevo If anyone continues to have script errors or unmet dependencies, please post a debug log to xbmclogs.com and post the link here in this thread. I have been testing with Gotham 13.2 and the latest Helix release candidate, it's possible that some other combination may not work correctly. It is also possible that some countries will not work correctly with the facebook change, so it's really important that a log file is produced for those having problems. Thanks.

[Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - Arse4life - 2014-12-12

(2014-12-12, 16:29)learningit Wrote: Please install version 0.8.2 from moneymaker's git https://github.com/moneymaker365/plugin.video.vevo If anyone continues to have script errors or unmet dependencies, please post a debug log to xbmclogs.com and post the link here in this thread. I have been testing with Gotham 13.2 and the latest Helix release candidate, it's possible that some other combination may not work correctly. It is also possible that some countries will not work correctly with the facebook change, so it's really important that a log file is produced for those having problems. Thanks.

Updated and looks good. Facebook media installed in programs.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - DarkHelmet - 2014-12-14

Great addon that I just recently discovered. Thanks for maintaining it.

Reading through the thread there seems to be a cache/download option. However in the addon options I can't activate it. Is this no longer possible?

As mentioned before an option to add certain videos to the music video library would be really cool. Either through the aforementioned download option or as a "link" to the video in the addon. For me personally bandwith is not the issue.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - learningit - 2014-12-14

I really want to clean this addon up so that it meets the current official xbmc repo standards before adding new functionality. I need to have a look at the caching code, but it's not the highest priority item right now. I know that, as is, it will not work on android and probably some linux platforms. I also am not sure if the simpledownloader script handles m3u8 files. On the other hand, creating and adding a .strm, which links to the video, to the music video library is pretty straightforward and I will get that into the next version.

RE: [Release] VEVO Music Video plugin addon - DarkHelmet - 2014-12-14

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply and I'm looking forward to seeing your magic done in one of the future updates.

Cheers