Kodi Community Forum
Release GlobalSearch Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release GlobalSearch Script (/showthread.php?tid=109301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - wyrm - 2013-01-22

Ronie,

With the changes to the DialogContextMenu.xml in XBMC to do away with the three dialog-context-blah.png files to show the dialog background (now handled by one image with id=999), do you have any plans to do likewise in the script-globalsearch-contextmenu.xml ? Or even better, do you think it would be possible to drop your contextmenu.xml file and use the system supplied one instead (probably not or you would have already done so, but I thought it was worth asking)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2013-01-23

Wyrm,

could you check if this would work for you:
http://ronie.googlecode.com/files/script.globalsearch-2.0.0.zip

i've switched to using 1 context menu image.
this is post frodo stuff, as it requires all skinners to recode the context menu.

using the default context menu is not possible,
python scripts have no access to it.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - wyrm - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 01:56)ronie Wrote: Wyrm,

could you check if this would work for you:
http://ronie.googlecode.com/files/script.globalsearch-2.0.0.zip
Yep, seems to work. Having said that, I did after playing with the code a bit manage to achieve the same general thing by making the top and bottom images zero height blank images (that is for the previous version of your script). The original reason I asked for this was after changes to my skin this scripts context menu file was the last file to use the three part background image. I wanted to get rid of the redundant graphic files as I would not have to remember to change multiple file to retain a consistent look of dialogs thru out the skin.

Quote:i've switched to using 1 context menu image.
this is post frodo stuff, as it requires all skinners to recode the context menu
Yes I know, I think it was from your skin that I first spotted that this had changed from the three background images to the remaining one as is now the norm. I noticed that if I did not have all three images in the context menu skin file in pre 2.0.0 it would not work. Is it possible from within the script to check if one or three files are coded in the context menu file. If three image files specified use the old pre 2.0.0 way to render the menu otherwise use the 2.0.0 method to render the menu. That way you would not break any skins with the 2.0.0 release of the script.

Quote:using the default context menu is not possible,
python scripts have no access to it.
Yes, thought that was the case, just thought I should ask, just in case this was no longer the case.

Thanks for the work on this.
Wyrm

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2013-01-23

(2013-01-23, 16:02)wyrm Wrote: Yes I know, I think it was from your skin that I first spotted that this had changed from the three background images to the remaining one as is now the norm. I noticed that if I did not have all three images in the context menu skin file in pre 2.0.0 it would not work. Is it possible from within the script to check if one or three files are coded in the context menu file. If three image files specified use the old pre 2.0.0 way to render the menu otherwise use the 2.0.0 method to render the menu. That way you would not break any skins with the 2.0.0 release of the script.

i'll probably rename the filename of the contextmenu xml.
the addon will then use the included one by default, unless a skin has been updated to the new format.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - CiXel - 2013-02-18

(2012-08-24, 00:46)ronie Wrote: [quote='puntloos' pid='1175378' dateline='1345715838']
1/ I have a large library and the script is a bit slow (takes, say, 10 seconds to find everything). Are there ways to speed this up? For example: My D2700 CPU has 4 cores (hyperthreading dualcore), can't we run one sub-search per core? One core searching my Videos, one core searching my Music, the two others cheerleading? (or even betterConfusedplit up the music db in 3 bits and search the 3 subparts.)
Searching speed for me isn't the big issue, the problem is that is it takes over 10 seconds or more for the initial keyboard display to launch. This makes it looks like the plugin did nothing, then it pops up later over whatever screen I'm on now.

I've tried this across multiple skins with the same results

Does anyone else see this? Anyway to speed up this popup?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 17:43)CiXel Wrote: Does anyone else see this? Anyway to speed up this popup?

nope, never had it myself. the keyboard should popup instantly.
only right after xbmc startup there could be a delay as many scripts are starting all at once.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - CiXel - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 17:47)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 17:43)CiXel Wrote: Does anyone else see this? Anyway to speed up this popup?

nope, never had it myself. the keyboard should popup instantly.
only right after xbmc startup there could be a delay as many scripts are starting all at once.

Right, this happens even after sitting a while. I'll play with disabling scripts to rule that out.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - artrafael - 2013-02-18

Your debug log (wiki) might shed some light on what's causing the delay.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - puntloos - 2013-02-27

2 Quick questions:

1/ Is there some way to have this search become realtime? I.e. You type "A" and it would list all movies/artists/songs with "A" but then you type the next letter "Al" and it would narrow down to Alan Parsons, Alanis, then you type the next letter - "Ali" and it would jump to Alica Keys etc etc.

2/ Given that I have a qwerty keyboard anyway, can we disable the onscreen keyboard somehow?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-27, 22:50)puntloos Wrote: 2 Quick questions:

1/ Is there some way to have this search become realtime? I.e. You type "A" and it would list all movies/artists/songs with "A" but then you type the next letter "Al" and it would narrow down to Alan Parsons, Alanis, then you type the next letter - "Ali" and it would jump to Alica Keys etc etc.

2/ Given that I have a qwerty keyboard anyway, can we disable the onscreen keyboard somehow?

nope, as far as i know, both are not possible.
if a python addon needs user input, the on screen keyboard is the only method.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - puntloos - 2013-02-28

OK pity. On my Core i5 realtime search 'should be' fast enough, and one of my favorite windows apps is everything ( http://www.voidtools.com/ )

Try it out, it's amazingly useful Smile but I guess we need to ask XBMC core programmers to build this rather than trying with python?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 00:27)puntloos Wrote: OK pity. On my Core i5 realtime search 'should be' fast enough, and one of my favorite windows apps is everything ( http://www.voidtools.com/ )

Try it out, it's amazingly useful Smile but I guess we need to ask XBMC core programmers to build this rather than trying with python?

the new 'filter' functionality in xbmc is close to what you're looking for.
it has the search as you type functionality at least.
but it can't search all libraries (music/tv shows/movies) at once.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - puntloos - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 00:33)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 00:27)puntloos Wrote: OK pity. On my Core i5 realtime search 'should be' fast enough, and one of my favorite windows apps is everything ( http://www.voidtools.com/ )

the new 'filter' functionality in xbmc is close to what you're looking for.
it has the search as you type functionality at least.
but it can't search all libraries (music/tv shows/movies) at once.

Yep very true, so it would be amazing to combine best of both worlds =)

Honestly your search is better, but it's a pity that it doesn't deal well with spelling mistakes or not knowing 101% what something is spelled and trying a few things.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - uptown1982 - 2013-02-28

Can any one please post me the link for this addon for Frodo. The link from first post for frodo is broken.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 19:53)uptown1982 Wrote: Can any one please post me the link for this addon for Frodo. The link from first post for frodo is broken.

it's available in xbmc:
settings > addons > get addons > xbmc.org addons > program addons > globalsearch