Kodi Community Forum
Release GlobalSearch Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release GlobalSearch Script (/showthread.php?tid=109301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - guido1138 - 2015-10-25

(2015-10-24, 11:22)ronie Wrote: nope it's not fully compatible with isengard, i had to make some changes in the addon due to changes in kodi jarvis.
your pr is not really isengard material either, as you've changed the 'id' window property to 'dbib' in a few places.
that might break skins that were already using that property (not likely, but you never know).
Thanks for committing the changes, ronie.

Given the better clarity of 'dbid', I leaned toward changing existing 'id' to 'dbid' since, as you mentioned, usage was internal and it was undocumented to begin with. But you're right there's a small chance of breaking existing usage, making these changes more appropriate for Jarvis.

That said, if you do have plans for an Isengard branch for bugfixes, etc., perhaps I could add the 'dbid' properties while preserving existing 'id' ones? That would provide a better Isengard->Jarvis transition...

I'll understand if that's not in the cards -- I was just hoping not to wait until Jarvis Smile.

Many thanks and take care.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2015-10-25

(2015-10-25, 03:11)guido1138 Wrote: I was just hoping not to wait until Jarvis Smile.

if no unforeseen problems occur, kodi jarvis will enter beta stage next week.
final jarvis release should be not that far away.

i prefer to spend my time on getting everything ready (and bugfree) for jarvis
instead of looking back and improving isengard stuff.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - picotrain1 - 2015-11-13

Hi,

I just recently started using Kodi as my player of choice and I came across this add-on. So far, it works great! The only problem I'm having is with several of my TV Shows. I have many shows that have multiple episodes per file. Each has a custom .nfo file with the title and episode bookmark. When I browse the TV Shows listed it shows me a list of all the bookmarks named appropriately. I can click on the name and it will start playing at the exact location that I want. When I use global search to find a named episode it finds it with no problem, but when I click the search result to play that episode it always starts from the beginning. It doesn't start at the bookmark location. Is there a way around this or a setting that can be configured to play at the correct location?

Thanks

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2015-11-13

(2015-11-13, 01:18)picotrain1 Wrote: It doesn't start at the bookmark location. Is there a way around this or a setting that can be configured to play at the correct location?

as far as i know it's not possible to retrieve the episode bookmark through json-rpc from kodi.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Lisa_ - 2015-11-29

(2015-09-22, 09:29)ronie Wrote:
(2015-09-22, 04:07)Lisa_ Wrote: I just installed this addon and was wondering if their is a step by step tutorial some place the only place I was able to find the Global search to try and search for anything was in the Global Search "Launch" button in the "addon information" thing where you have a option to install or uninstall or configure the addon.
it depends on the skin you are using if & where they place a search button.
many skin will put the search option on the homescreen.
could be that you need to enable it in the skin settings first.
(2015-09-22, 04:07)Lisa_ Wrote: I figure if their is a step by step tutorial following the tutorial will probably answer most the questions we might have.
there's not much more to it than what you can read in the first post i think...

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I am running Kodi 15.2 running what ever skin they ship with 15.2 do not see any search on the home screen,
I can find a "Global Search" under Programs - Add-ons .next to the Global Search it says 5.0.0 is this where "Global Search" is normally located?

Again when I search for a known movie or show it returns nothing.

When I go into the Global Search settings everything is checked but "Search EPG " what ever that is, their is space located next to Search EPG for a short description but their is nothing.so I assume its another unnecessary acronym..

Thanks again for the help would like to get this working its strange how it wont work, looks like nothing to configure, am running nothing special or exotic just Kodi 15.2 on a Raspberry Pi 2 about as basic as you can get?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2015-11-29

(2015-11-29, 16:16)Lisa_ Wrote: Thanks for the reply, I am running Kodi 15.2 running what ever skin they ship with 15.2 do not see any search on the home screen

it should be there, right on the homescreen:

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - palmer2511 - 2015-12-17

I have just installed global search but it shows no results? Any ideas
Thanks

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2015-12-17

(2015-12-17, 03:09)palmer2511 Wrote: I have just installed global search but it shows no results? Any ideas
Thanks

the first post explains what this addon is supposed to do.
it also explains what you're supposed to do when it doesn't work ;-)

Thanks Ronie,
I switched the debug on and it shows me white text in front of everything on the screen showing Log, Mem and CPU. How do I turn that off?

(2015-12-17, 04:20)palmer2511 Wrote: Thanks Ronie,
I switched the debug on and it shows me white text in front of everything on the screen showing Log, Mem and CPU. How do I turn that off?

it'll disappear once you switch debug back to off.

OK, so I switch it on then try a search and then look for the Kodi log file? As of now there is nothing in my users/library/logs/ folder

(2015-12-17, 04:24)palmer2511 Wrote: OK, so I switch it on then try a search and then look for the Kodi log file? As of now there is nothing in my users/library/logs/ folder

yes.

the easiest way is to use the log uploader, so you don't have to search for the logfile yourself:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Thanks for all your help

Re: RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Milhouse - 2015-12-17

(2015-12-17, 04:31)palmer2511 Wrote: here you go http://xbmclogs.com/pk1ulfysc

Thanks for all your help

You've got no movies, tvshows or music in your library which might explain why nothing is found by Global Search. Try scanning some content into your video/music libraries.

Is there a link to a user guide to scan in content?
Thanks