Kodi Community Forum
Release GlobalSearch Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release GlobalSearch Script (/showthread.php?tid=109301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - braz - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 19:41)ronie Wrote: the plan is to make it a window instead of a dialog in kodi v18 leia.
Music to my ears, thanks Ronie! Smile

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 19:46)Angelinas Wrote: I dont want to change your plan...But version 8.0 is nice progress..
Keep in yours plan...
Now I know whats wrong....., but still will use your repo version

Tnx for explenation Smile

just know that the version in my master branch is not the one i'm working on ;-)
the next version of globalsearch is in the mediawindow branch.
... and it is still work in progress, do not expect it to work 100%

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Dave.B - 2017-02-23

(2017-02-23, 18:36)Angelinas Wrote: Same isue ..one missing thing in my Log is missing "getDbId" Smile

return values for string $INFO[Container(161).ListItem.Property(DBID)] is Empty (for other container too)

Error log
Code:
16:35:16.005 T:1148   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'xbmc.InfoTagMusic' object has no attribute 'getDbId'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.globalsearch\resources\lib\gui.py", line 439, in onAction
                                                self._showContextMenu(controlId, listitem)
                                              File "C:\Users\TEST\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.globalsearch\resources\lib\gui.py", line 382, in _showContextMenu
                                                self._browse_item('musicdb://albums/%s/' % str(listitem.getMusicInfoTag().getDbId()), 'Music')
                                            AttributeError: 'xbmc.InfoTagMusic' object has no attribute 'getDbId'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

EDIT: I have string in regular listitem in library "$INFO[ListItem.DBID]" is "461"

@ronie
OK Downgraded to Ver. 7.4.6 and problem solved.
Do you know what causes this behavior on the 8.0 Ver. and why I can't go forward with the search and go to the artists albums + play a song from these albums ?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-02-23

might be because v8.0.0 is unfinished? :-)
i'm not even sure if it's compatible with kodi krypton.

[Release] GlobalSearch Script - WildPhydeaux - 2017-03-19

Love the Global Search function, many thanks for the work that goes into Kodi and it's features.

Likely an unrelated question since it's clear that Global Search only looks for media file titles, but perhaps someone could point me in the right direction... or help manage my expectations... Lol.

Is it possible to do a search which will include the description of a video? In other words, look through the video database for any videos with <keyword> contained in the video's description.

I often find when I'm looking for a video, the search word I'm using isn't in the video's title. For example, searching my library for "atomic bomb" comes up with a few items but not the Documentary entitled "The Men Who Brought The Dawn", which is about the crews who dropped the nukes on Japan in WWII. "Atomic Bomb" is a phrase that is in the item's description and therefore in the library/database.

Sorry if this is badly off-road for this add-on...

RLW

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Skinnerxyz - 2017-03-24

Hello

What brings the “epg“ search?

There is no way to start the channel or open the epg guide on this entry ?

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-03-24

(2017-03-24, 16:57)Skinnerxyz Wrote: Hello

What brings the “epg“ search?

not very much, i think you can basically use it to search when your favourite tv show airs... or something like that.
main problem is, there is very little support for pvr/epg stuff in the kodi python libs.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Skinnerxyz - 2017-03-25

thank you, for your reply

EDIT

when i search in die dialogvideoinfo for the director over the Kodi funktion i get results for "MOVIES" / and ONE "Episode" , but when i search with globalsearch i get only movies....

i think he searches for director & writer

here is my call

<onclick condition="System.HasAddon(script.globalsearch)">RunScript(script.globalsearch,searchstring=$INFO[ListItem.Director],actors=true&amp;tvshows=true&amp;movies=true&amp;episodes=true&amp;directors=true)</onclick>

is it possible to search for 2 searchstrings ?

for example

searchstring=$INFO[ListItem.Director] / $INFO[ListItem.Writer]

and another problem, the tv series "2 broke girls" had a actor with the name="Jonathan Kite" but the globalsearch dont find the tv serie where he is acting,he only finds the Movies of the actor?

its by all tvshows, the actors dont give any result

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Skinnerxyz - 2017-03-26

@ronie

can you confirm my bug?

i search for a actor of a tvshow, in globalsearch and he only find movies and no tvshows or episodes?!

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-03-26

globalsearch only supports movies for actor/director search

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-03-26

(2017-03-25, 10:13)Skinnerxyz Wrote: is it possible to search for 2 searchstrings ?

for example

searchstring=$INFO[ListItem.Director] / $INFO[ListItem.Writer]

nah, that's not possible

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - edanan - 2017-03-28

Hello, and thank you very much @ronie for this addon.

Is it possible to have GlobalSearch match movies by original title in addition to localized title?

I took it from this earlier post

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=109301&pid=1094236#pid1094236

that this had been implemented, but I can't manage to make it work.

For instance, I have in my library the movie "A fistful of dollars", with a nfo file saying:
title: A fistful of dollars
originaltitle: Per un pugno de dollari

I would like the movie to show up if I type either "dollars" or "dollari", but in the latter case it does not happen. If it matters, I have tried with the Estuary and Amber skins, both under Kodi 17 (Amber shows the original title in the movie information panel but Estuary does not).

Has this functionality been removed at some point?

Thanks in advance.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - ronie - 2017-03-28

see: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=109301&pid=1642402&highlight=original#pid1642402

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - edanan - 2017-03-28

I see (didn't find this followup post).
Thanks.

RE: [Release] GlobalSearch Script - Skinnerxyz - 2017-04-12

(2017-03-26, 23:49)ronie Wrote: globalsearch only supports movies for actor/director search

Can you please add this feature ?

I think its necessary to search for tvshows actor/director.

So the result is not really complete.....