Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- billegoat - 2011-09-25

Well I managed to get rid of the "no passthrough available error" by disabling all of the other audio outputs in control panel. My HDMI cable is 1.4 and my graphic and audio drivers are up to date.

I still have the annoying hiccups in the audio though which aren't there when using Windows media player with HD audio. In XBMC the audio will be fine for the first minute and then randomly make a crackle sound every few seconds. It seems to be worse through more demanding sections with complicated video and audio but the CPU never goes higher than 8-10% and 4gb of ram should be more than sufficient. Any other thoughts?

- bluray - 2011-09-25

billegoat Wrote:Well I managed to get rid of the "no passthrough available error" by disabling all of the other audio outputs in control panel. My HDMI cable is 1.4 and my graphic and audio drivers are up to date.

I still have the annoying hiccups in the audio though which aren't there when using Windows media player with HD audio. In XBMC the audio will be fine for the first minute and then randomly make a crackle sound every few seconds. It seems to be worse through more demanding sections with complicated video and audio but the CPU never goes higher than 8-10% and 4gb of ram should be more than sufficient. Any other thoughts?
xbmc is not the easiest media player to get it to playback hd audio/video fluently. they have never release an hd audio version either. we're trying our best to get their pre_eden version to work. some of us are lucky enough to make it work. but with persistent, you'll find way to get it to work fluently too.

what is your graphic card and avr?

- zYxMa - 2011-09-25

bluray Wrote:dharma 10.1 shouldn't have passthrough output device option.

it appear that somehow xbmc pre_eden profile and xbmc dharma profile get mixed up. you can do as follow-

1. go to appdata>roaming>xbmc
2. delete xbmc text document
3. go to appdata>roaming>xbmc>userdata
4. delete guisettings and profile
5. launch xbmc from xbmc_hd_audio folder

we'll see what you have for passthrough output device this time.

I did this earlier, I just renamed these files and all started working with "no passthrough device error".

I'm not too much bothered about this error though. DTSHD and TrueHD work ok at the moment.

In Dharma 10.1 in Passthrough Output Device I had it set to Default and I couldn't change it anyways. Same happens to my friends htpc. He's running the official build and he has got this option as well and it also says "Default" and he can't change it either.

- billegoat - 2011-09-25

bluray Wrote:xbmc is not the easiest media player to get it to playback hd audio/video fluently. they have never release an hd audio version either. we're trying our best to get their pre_eden version to work. some of us are lucky enough to make it work. but with persistent, you'll find way to get it to work fluently too.

what is your graphic card and avr?

My graphics card is the AMD Radeon HD 6630M and my avr is an Anthem MRX500.

- bluray - 2011-09-25

zYxMa Wrote:I did this earlier, I just renamed these files and all started working with "no passthrough device error".

I'm not too much bothered about this error though. DTSHD and TrueHD work ok at the moment.
since you got rid of the "passthrough output device" error, you can delete all those renamed files to prevent conflict and confusion in the future.

zYxMa Wrote:In Dharma 10.1 in Passthrough Output Device I had it set to Default and I couldn't change it anyways. Same happens to my friends htpc. He's running the official build and he has got this option as well and it also says "Default" and he can't change it either.
I'm not sure how did you get "passthrough output device" option in dharma 10.1, because it isn't available in dharma 10.1. Here is the screen shot of dharma 10.1-

- bluray - 2011-09-25

billegoat Wrote:My graphics card is the AMD Radeon HD 6630M and my avr is an Anthem MRX500.
first of all, you have an awesome avr. as far as graphic card, xbmc is not very kind to igpu and hd audio is known to be hardest option to configure in htpc. i have been trying to perfect hd audio playback in my htpc's since hd audio option become available for htpc. it took me a lot of trials and errors throughout these years, and i finally have some successes with it. the reason i brought it up because you might have to do some trials and errors yourself to find proper settings for your htpc. if you already updated to the latest catalyst control center, you might try to play around in the performance section under graphic overdrive. in there, you can try different gpu clock speed. good luck!

- bluray - 2011-09-25

i'm not sure how are you guys accessed all xbmc folders. to make life easier for myself to navigate through several layers of xbmc roaming and program files folders , i created an xbmc folder on the desktop. i moved both xbmc_hd_audio and xbmc dharma 10.1 roaming/program files shortcut folders in it. just a thought!

Help please - Rigo1968 - 2011-09-26

Hello
I have a problem here my first equipment: Receiver: Pioneer VSX 1020 ,graphics card GT520 , OS: win 7 64 , XBMC Dharma 10.1 and xbmc2 (Dts-hd).

My problem now is DTS HD not only play true hd is rendered.
The Pioneer will play it all the lights on the receiver to go short, but there is no sound.

Would be great if someone could help one.

greeting
Rigo

- bluray - 2011-09-26

Rigo1968 Wrote:Hello
I have a problem here my first equipment: Receiver: Pioneer VSX 1020 ,graphics card GT520 , OS: win 7 64 , XBMC Dharma 10.1 and xbmc2 (Dts-hd).

My problem now is DTS HD not only play true hd is rendered.
The Pioneer will play it all the lights on the receiver to go short, but there is no sound.

Would be great if someone could help one.

greeting
Rigo
try these-

1. make sure that you connect your htpc this way- htpc>avr>hdtv via hdmi cables
2. make sure that you update your gt520 with the latest nvidia driver
3. in control panel do these- hardware/sound>sound>playback>set nvidia hdmi output to default device>configure speaker configuration to "stereo".
4. in xbmc_hd_audio, do as shown below:

- zYxMa - 2011-09-26

bluray Wrote:since you got rid of the "passthrough output device" error, you can delete all those renamed files to prevent conflict and confusion in the future.
I didn't get rid of it. It still says "passthrough device error". Though DTSHD works fine, hence I'm not bothered about this error..
bluray Wrote:I'm not sure how did you get "passthrough output device" option in dharma 10.1, because it isn't available in dharma 10.1. Here is the screen shot of dharma 10.1-

You're right. I only have "Audio output device"... no passthrough output..Confused

- bluray - 2011-09-26

zYxMa Wrote:I didn't get rid of it. It still says "passthrough device error". Though DTSHD works fine, hence I'm not bothered about this error..
it's more likely that you have multiple audio outputs in control panel, and it confused xbmc. if you disable all audio output playback sounds in control paenl other than one hdmi output you used, the error will probably go away.

- Schwiing - 2011-09-27

Blu-ray,

Thanks for the advice on the new HTPC. It works like a charm, and is indeed beefy! Question though..

For your xbmc_hd_audio build, i notice it has only a select number of skins you can get from the repository, but if you load up dharma (10.1), then you can get them all. Is that because the short list in your build are considered stable skins? or should I just grab another skin anyway?

The reason I asked is because I once tried to grab aeon nox from dharma, then loaded yours, and after a few clicks, it showed a black screen and crashed. Maybe they arent optimized for your build?

Thanks.

- bluray - 2011-09-27

Schwiing Wrote:Blu-ray,

Thanks for the advice on the new HTPC. It works like a charm, and is indeed beefy! Question though..

For your xbmc_hd_audio build, i notice it has only a select number of skins you can get from the repository, but if you load up dharma (10.1), then you can get them all. Is that because the short list in your build are considered stable skins? or should I just grab another skin anyway?

The reason I asked is because I once tried to grab aeon nox from dharma, then loaded yours, and after a few clicks, it showed a black screen and crashed. Maybe they arent optimized for your build?

Thanks.
i'm glad that you got your htpc to work the way you wanted it! sorry, i cannot help you with the skin. i want my skin to be as simple as possible. i throw in a few wrinkles here and there (what i meant is background stuff), but i want the skin/setting/control to remain as simple as possible.

once again, sorry!

- billegoat - 2011-09-27

Thanks for your help bluray. After many hours I finally fixed the audio hiccups. The solution was simply going into windows power management and switching everything to 'best performance' as opposed to 'power saving'. Not sure why that would make a big difference but I now have beautiful HD audio pumping through my Paradigm Studio 100s. Thanks again for the help!

- bluray - 2011-09-27

billegoat Wrote:Thanks for your help bluray. After many hours I finally fixed the audio hiccups. The solution was simply going into windows power management and switching everything to 'best performance' as opposed to 'power saving'. Not sure why that would make a big difference but I now have beautiful HD audio pumping through my Paradigm Studio 100s. Thanks again for the help!
no problem, and i'm glad that you found your solution! all my htpc is set to "best performance" too because i don't care much about power consumption stuff. since hd audio is the hardest option to configure in htpc, every little settings in it help.

enjoy it!