Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- zYxMa - 2011-09-27

bluray Wrote:it's more likely that you have multiple audio outputs in control panel, and it confused xbmc. if you disable all audio output playback sounds in control paenl other than one hdmi output you used, the error will probably go away.

I use all them audio outputs. I could probably disable them if my PC was actually a HTPC, but it's not. It doesn't matter to me anyways.

All works fine.

Thanks for your help btw.

- deh2k7 - 2011-09-29

bluray Wrote:two ways to playback blu-ray in 1080p video with dts-hd and truehd audio:

xbmc option-

2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs

Anyone else having trouble downloading the realtek audio codecs? when i try to download them, i get redirected and it goes back to the original location. anyone have a file they can upload to a location where we can download, at least temporarily until realtek fixes their site?

- bluray - 2011-09-29

deh2k7 Wrote:Anyone else having trouble downloading the realtek audio codecs? when i try to download them, i get redirected and it goes back to the original location. anyone have a file they can upload to a location where we can download, at least temporarily until realtek fixes their site?
your htpc probably have some kind of protection turned on. how about go directly to realtek.com to download it!

- themailman34 - 2011-09-29

I've got a weird problem. I've got a GT430 that I just installed today on a newly formatted Vista Ultimate install. So I install the new NVIDIA drivers and the Realtek one's that you mention.

Then follow your HOW-To steps. When I go to control panel I see my Panasonic TV listed with the GT430 card. When I go to the supported formats for the GT430, only DTS and Dolby Digital show up. I do not see any other audio formats (i.e True HD). I tested both DTS and Dolby Digital and they sound fine.

My HTPC is hooked up directly to my Yamaha RXV-765 which supports all of the HD formats.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

- acemt - 2011-09-29

Hi BluRay,

Question: Can I still use your HD folder to load XBMC with the -p extension so it uses the portable_data folder and doesn't mess with my Dharma install?

Thanks

- bluray - 2011-09-29

themailman34 Wrote:I've got a weird problem. I've got a GT430 that I just installed today on a newly formatted Vista Ultimate install. So I install the new NVIDIA drivers and the Realtek one's that you mention.

Then follow your HOW-To steps. When I go to control panel I see my Panasonic TV listed with the GT430 card. When I go to the supported formats for the GT430, only DTS and Dolby Digital show up. I do not see any other audio formats (i.e True HD). I tested both DTS and Dolby Digital and they sound fine.

My HTPC is hooked up directly to my Yamaha RXV-765 which supports all of the HD formats.

Any ideas what the issue could be?
did you installed your htpc this way-

htpc>avr>hdtv via two hdmi cables and set avr to passthrough video- this is the only way you can bitstream hd audio. you should see nvidia hdmi as sound playback option in control panel and you should be able to configure speaker configuration to "stereo" in control panel too.

- themailman34 - 2011-09-29

bluray Wrote:did you installed your htpc this way-

htpv>avr>hdtv via two hdmi cables and set avr to passthrough video- this is the only way you can bitstream hd audio. you should see nvidia hdmi as sound playback option in control panel and you should be able to configure speaker configuration to "stereo" in control panel too.

I have it hooked up like you describe using two hdmi cables but not sure about the passthrough video. How would I do that? Is there an option on the Yamaha receiver?

Here is a pic of control panel:

Thanks!

- bluray - 2011-09-30

themailman34 Wrote:I have it hooked up like you describe using two hdmi cables but not sure about the passthrough video. How would I do that? Is there an option on the Yamaha receiver?

Here is a pic of control panel:

Thanks!
Most later avr has options to set video to passthrough in avr hdmi configuration section. video should be processed by htpc and hdtv. it seems that your htpc is not detecting your avr in your pic. for whatever reason it see your hdtv instead. when htpc is connected direct to avr using hdmi cable, it should see nvidia+yamaha instead of nvidia+hdtv. can you make sure that you selected the correct hdmi input for htpc in yamaha? with proper connections and configurations, you should see as shown below:

it might have issue with hdmi handshake too. you can try newer hdmi cable from htpc to avr.

- themailman34 - 2011-09-30

bluray Wrote:Most later avr has options to set video to passthrough in avr hdmi configuration section. video should be processed by htpc and hdtv. it seems that your htpc is not detecting your avr in your pic. for whatever reason it see your hdtv instead. when htpc is connected direct to avr using hdmi cable, it should see nvidia+yamaha instead of nvidia+hdtv. can you make sure that you selected the correct hdmi input for htpc in yamaha? with proper connections and configurations, you should see as shown below:

it might have issue with hdmi handshake too. you can try newer hdmi cable from htpc to avr.

I can confirm that the avr was already set to through. I was able to find the setting. The weird thing is that prior to having this video card installed, I used an Intel i3 processor with hdmi through the motherboard. It was able to pick up and display in control panel all of the HD audio formats and during the "test" all played flawlessly and the receiver displayed the correct format too.

Back then, i had a bunch of different codec packs installed. Could that be the reason why they don't show up? maybe i don't have the right codec packs installed.

All I have is the NVIDIA and Realtek.

- bluray - 2011-09-30

themailman34 Wrote:I can confirm that the avr was already set to through. I was able to find the setting. The weird thing is that prior to having this video card installed, I used an Intel i3 processor with hdmi through the motherboard. It was able to pick up and display in control panel all of the HD audio formats and during the "test" all played flawlessly and the receiver displayed the correct format too.

Back then, i had a bunch of different codec packs installed. Could that be the reason why they don't show up? maybe i don't have the right codec packs installed.

All I have is the NVIDIA and Realtek.
can you follow the guides below to setup your htpc to playback with mpc-hd:

post #89 and post #90.

after you bitstream hd audio with mpc-hc, then you can move on to pre_eden.

- deh2k7 - 2011-09-30

bluray Wrote:your htpc probably have some kind of protection turned on. how about go directly to realtek.com to download it!

Blu - that WAS by going directly to the website to download, using the link you provided. Not even sure how else I WOULD get them....

- deh2k7 - 2011-09-30

deh2k7 Wrote:Blu - that WAS by going directly to the website to download, using the link you provided. Not even sure how else I WOULD get them....

OK - tried using IE vs. Firefox and that worked. Seems like the Realtek site doesn't like FF.

- bluray - 2011-09-30

deh2k7 Wrote:OK - tried using IE vs. Firefox and that worked. Seems like the Realtek site doesn't like FF.
it's not that realtek doesn't like firefox. it's the other way around. i remember there is something in firefox option that you need to set so that it'll allow you to view certain site.

google chrome works on every websites for me!

- ptaylor999 - 2011-10-02

I have a 2-pronged question:

1) Is it possible to run your hd_audio build with Intel HD Audio? (No NVidia or ATI cards here)

2) And if it is possible, will it also be possible for me to get back to Dharma 10.1 if things go badly? (I've learned, from this thread, that using a pre-Eden build will permanently alter my library, so I'm hoping that a worst case scenario of uninstalling all things XBMC, and then re-installing dharma 10.1 would get me back to where I currently am.)

- bluray - 2011-10-02

ptaylor999 Wrote:I have a 2-pronged question:

1) Is it possible to run your hd_audio build with Intel HD Audio? (No NVidia or ATI cards here)
you can give it a try.

ptaylor999 Wrote:2) And if it is possible, will it also be possible for me to get back to Dharma 10.1 if things go badly? (I've learned, from this thread, that using a pre-Eden build will permanently alter my library, so I'm hoping that a worst case scenario of uninstalling all things XBMC, and then re-installing dharma 10.1 would get me back to where I currently am.)
it'll never harm dharma 10.1 by backup it as follow:

1. before launching pre-eden, rename both dharma 10.1 in program files and roaming folders to xbmc_dharma 10.1. you can move xbmc_hd_audio to the same program files folder as xbmc_dharma, and rename xbmc_hd_audio to xbmc. it'll become your main launcher. i enclosed the folders below.
2. you can create xbmc folder on the desktop and create shortcut for both program files and foaming folders. you can move it to xbmc folder on the desktop for easy access.