Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- ptaylor999 - 2011-10-03

ix400 Wrote:Unfortunately, on my system this setup is only good for TrueHD. This works.

But with DTS-HD tracks, my receiver switches permanently between DTS-Master and PCM every two seconds, with no sound.

Thats why I'm really looking forward to the Eden audio branch Windows binaries.

Chris

Did anyone ever find an answer to this switching problem?

- bluray - 2011-10-03

ptaylor999 Wrote:Hey Bluray - first off I have to thank you for all the support, and for putting this guide up in the first place. So, Thanks!
no problem!

ptaylor999 Wrote:The vids look great (with the exception of Avatar) but there is a problem. No sound. My AV receiver is constantly switching between pcm and DTS-HD MA, and I get no sound at all.

And advice?

I'm SO CLOSE!!!

1. in control panel make sure you do these- hardware/sound>sound>playback>set "hdmi output" to default device>configure speaker configuration to "stereo".
2. in xbmc_hd_audio, do as shown below:

you're almost there...the best bd movies with 7.1 dts-hd/truehd to test your pre-eden are the latest thor and transformers. it isn't my type of movie, but the 7.1 dts-hd/truehd surround sounds are among the best!

- ptaylor999 - 2011-10-04

bluray Wrote:no problem!

1. in control panel make sure you do these- hardware/sound>sound>playback>set "hdmi output" to default device>configure speaker configuration to "stereo".
2. in xbmc_hd_audio, do as shown below:

you're almost there...the best bd movies with 7.1 dts-hd/truehd to test your pre-eden are the latest thor and transformers. it isn't my type of movie, but the 7.1 dts-hd/truehd surround sounds are among the best!

Can't set the sound panel like you say as I do not have the "hdmi output" option that you suggest. This is what I'm seeing:

When I set the "Realtek Digital Output" to default, I do not have any HD audio codecs under the "Supported Formats" tab.

However, the way I've been setting this panel up til now has been with the "VSX-0919AH" set to default, which DOES INDEED support both DTD-HD and Dolby TrueHD. This has been working fine for me with PowerDVD as my external player, as well as with MPC-HC. Why won't it work with this XBMC build?

Also, in XBMC hd audio I have my receiver selected, NOT the Realtek audio. Like So;

Didn't see a reason to select the Realtek Audio as it's not selected in my sound panel.

Is there something else I can try?

- bluray - 2011-10-04

ptaylor999 Wrote:However, the way I've been setting this panel up til now has been with the "VSX-0919AH" set to default, which DOES INDEED support both DTD-HD and Dolby TrueHD. This has been working fine for me with PowerDVD as my external player, as well as with MPC-HC. Why won't it work with this XBMC build?
if you connected your htpc to VSX-0919AH via hdmi, selecting vsx-919ah would be the proper hdmi output for your configuration. can you you highlight VSX-0919AH and click "configure" and select "stereo" for your speaker configuration. you can try to playback bd movie with dts-hd again.

bluray Wrote:if you connected your htpc to VSX-0919AH via hdmi, selecting vsx-919ah would be the proper hdmi output for your configuration. can you you highlight VSX-0919AH and click "configure" and select "stereo" for your speaker configuration. you can try to playback bd movie with dts-hd again.

Already tried that. I do have the stereo option available, but it makes no difference. I still get the audio switching back and forth from PCM to HD-MA. Aarrgh!

Could it be the way I have my audio filters set up for previous playback in PowerDVD?

Or could it be an HDMI handshake issue?

- bluray - 2011-10-04

ptaylor999 Wrote:Already tried that. I do have the stereo option available, but it makes no difference. I still get the audio switching back and forth from PCM to HD-MA. Aarrgh!

Could it be the way I have my audio filters set up for previous playback in PowerDVD?

Or could it be an HDMI handshake issue?
is this intel igpu?

can you turn on the log and see what it's doing?

bluray Wrote:is this intel igpu?

can you turn on the log and see what it's doing?

It IS an intel gpu. You mean an XBMC log? How to do that?

- bluray - 2011-10-04

ptaylor999 Wrote:It IS an intel gpu. You mean an XBMC log? How to do that?
intel gpu might be the bad guy here. you cad read this thread- Intel Sandy Bridge CPU integrated GPU? and poofyhairguy really slammed it for the entire thread.

- bluray - 2011-10-04

ptaylor999 Wrote:You mean an XBMC log? How to do that?
it's in system>settings>debugging and you can paste it here- pastebin

bluray Wrote:it's in system>settings>debugging and you can paste it here- pastebin

Mmmmm I dunno. My i5's been great to me thus far. It's done everything I've asked of it with no glitches at all. My money's on this problem being more related to an unreleased and unstable version of XBMC than an Intel chip that causes cars to crash and dirigible's to spontaneously explode.

Thanks very much for your help, Blu. Seems neither of us has a solution and I'm begrudgingly headed back to the land of external players to bitstream my HD audio, albeit from pre-eden versions. But I'll keep tryin the pre-eden builds with the folder re-naming trick you taught me, and at the very least I'll have proper media tagging to feast my eyes on just before PowerDVD hell descends on my film.

- bluray - 2011-10-04

ptaylor999 Wrote:Mmmmm I dunno. My i5's been great to me thus far. It's done everything I've asked of it with no glitches at all. My money's on this problem being more related to an unreleased and unstable version of XBMC than an Intel chip that causes cars to crash and dirigible's to spontaneously explode.

Thanks very much for your help, Blu. Seems neither of us has a solution and I'm begrudgingly headed back to the land of external players to bitstream my HD audio, albeit from pre-eden versions. But I'll keep tryin the pre-eden builds with the folder re-naming trick you taught me, and at the very least I'll have proper media tagging to feast my eyes on just before PowerDVD hell descends on my film.
you can close all xbmc and try to rename xbmc in roaming folder to xbmc_orig and launch xbmc in xbmc_hd_audio folder. you can resetup everything fresh!

regarding the i5, the cpu is great but igpu is what everyone complained about. when i have time, i'll try xbmc_hd_audio on my kid i5 laptop. so far, all my htpc's are ati and nvidia. it can bitstream both dts-hd and truehd!

bluray Wrote:you can close all xbmc and try to rename xbmc in roaming folder to xbmc_orig and launch xbmc in xbmc_hd_audio folder. you can resetup everything fresh!

regarding the i5, the cpu is great but igpu is what everyone complained about. when i have time, i'll try xbmc_hd_audio on my kid i5 laptop. so far, all my htpc's are ati and nvidia. it can bitstream both dts-hd and truehd!

Well alrighty then. Just ordered a $50 GT 430. Gotta love Amazon. If it doesn't cure my ills, I'll just send it back. They're great that way.

And I'll keep ya posted.

- bluray - 2011-10-04

ptaylor999 Wrote:Well alrighty then. Just ordered a $50 GT 430. Gotta love Amazon. If it doesn't cure my ills, I'll just send it back. They're great that way.

And I'll keep ya posted.
amazon is my number #1 online store. i shops with them since beginning of time and they never fail me yet. i received all my order within 1-2 days.

- avus m3 - 2011-10-04

Just curious, why is this build using a July version of pre-eden instead of something much more recent? I am running an i3 and noticed it switching from DTS-HD to PCM as well.

- bluray - 2011-10-04

avus m3 Wrote:Just curious, why is this build using a July version of pre-eden instead of something much more recent? I am running an i3 and noticed it switching from DTS-HD to PCM as well.
it's july because it's available to me since july. i have been using it since july. i wasn't a fan of any xbmc before july that because none of them can bitstream hd audio.

regarding the i3 with intel igpu, it must have something to do with intel igpu driver for it not to properly bitstream dts-hd. ati and nvidia seems to bitstream dts-hd fine on my htpc's!