Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- clubwerks - 2011-09-06

Does this work in pre-Eden? I'm running the latest nightly and MQ3 and the instructions are a little unclear. Thanks.

- bluray - 2011-09-07

clubwerks Wrote:Does this work in pre-Eden? I'm running the latest nightly and MQ3 and the instructions are a little unclear. Thanks.
if it is windows 7, the settings in the guides should work.

- getafix - 2011-09-07

I also read somewhere that the realtek LAN drivers can give issues. Apparently rolling back the drivers sorts it out. I will try it tonight.

- pyrodex - 2011-09-07

Is the xbmc version you provided based on 10.1 or 11.0 code? The reason I ask is I use a shared MySQL DB on my NAS and don't want to upgrade it to newer schema and impact my setup for my main HTPC which has support for higher codecs.

- bluray - 2011-09-07

pyrodex Wrote:Is the xbmc version you provided based on 10.1 or 11.0 code? The reason I ask is I use a shared MySQL DB on my NAS and don't want to upgrade it to newer schema and impact my setup for my main HTPC which has support for higher codecs.
i would think that it based on 10.1, because it look very similar. the only different is the ability to natively playback bluray iso/m2ts/mkv with dts-hd/truehd audio without external player, and it still can playback everything that included in dharma 10.1.

- pyrodex - 2011-09-07

bluray Wrote:i would think that it based on 10.1, because it look very similar. the only different is the ability to natively playback bluray iso/m2ts/mkv with dts-hd/truehd audio without external player, and it still can playback everything that included in dharma 10.1.

I assume you don't use a remote Database?

Could anyone running this setup provide the following line from their xbmc.log?

Code:
18:14:44 T:2192 M:2640244736  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Windows 7, 32-bit Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Mar  8 2011 (Git:e9e9099, compiler 1500)

- 0wing - 2011-09-07

It's PRE-11.0 compiled the 15th of July, but it doesn't include the commit hash.
But it's probably built from this commit https://github.com/gnif/xbmc/commit/c980c0730f86ff0873ec1e638893f8c77c956f45 since it fixed the Windows build.

- Songoku - 2011-09-07

I think my mobo is not sufficient :confused2:

Asus P5N7A-VM GF9300 Mainboard

Is there any cheap way for True HD and DTSHDMA support and also dxva support? Is only video card enough or do i have to change whole mainboard?

- mkohman - 2011-09-08

Hey Guys,

Please can someone give me some advice on this? Basically I wanted to try out what bluray suggested here with the xbmc_hd_audio. I did exactly what he advises and everything works fine only when I select DXVA2 enabled.. the DD TRUE HD and DTS HD MA works perfect when DXVA2 is enabled however when its not enabled the sound is choppey on DTS HD MA and DD TRUE HD movis.. the audio signal keeps cutting out and coming back . When I enable DXVA2 all is ok.

However the problem is this. I much rather the lanczos3 optimized as it is much clear "crystal clear" with HD Movies and the DXVA2 accelartion makes movies look more like SD quality with colours washed out Huh

Basically if I want to have DD TRUE HD and DTS HD MA working correctly I need to enable the DXVA2 but when I do this I lose the lanczos3 optimized which is not good.. So what do you guys reccomend? Is there any other way around this?

If it helps I am using an Onkyo 608 AV Receiver.. Many Thanks and look forward in hearing some good advice Smile

- bluray - 2011-09-08

mkohman Wrote:Hey Guys,

Please can someone give me some advice on this? Basically I wanted to try out what bluray suggested here with the xbmc_hd_audio. I did exactly what he advises and everything works fine only when I select DXVA2 enabled.. the DD TRUE HD and DTS HD MA works perfect when DXVA2 is enabled however when its not enabled the sound is choppey on DTS HD MA and DD TRUE HD movis.. the audio signal keeps cutting out and coming back . When I enable DXVA2 all is ok.

However the problem is this. I much rather the lanczos3 optimized as it is much clear "crystal clear" with HD Movies and the DXVA2 accelartion makes movies look more like SD quality with colours washed out Huh

Basically if I want to have DD TRUE HD and DTS HD MA working correctly I need to enable the DXVA2 but when I do this I lose the lanczos3 optimized which is not good.. So what do you guys reccomend? Is there any other way around this?

If it helps I am using an Onkyo 608 AV Receiver.. Many Thanks and look forward in hearing some good advice Smile
i'm not sure what is lanczos3. you can try set onkyo 608 to passthrough video and turn off dxva2 to see if it can playback fluently.

i don't use anything special in one of my htpc other than ati radeon hd 6570 and another htpc with gt 430. it's crystal clear as bluray playback using ps3.

- bluray - 2011-09-08

Songoku Wrote:I think my mobo is not sufficient :confused2:

Asus P5N7A-VM GF9300 Mainboard

Is there any cheap way for True HD and DTSHDMA support and also dxva support? Is only video card enough or do i have to change whole mainboard?
if your mobo has pci express 2.0 slot, you can install one of these-Radeon HD 6570 2GB or GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB and upgrade your ram to 4gb- Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2.

you should be able to playback dts-hd/truehd!

- ptaylor999 - 2011-09-08

I notice you specify using either an Nvidia or an ATI graphics card. Will this procedure work with Intel HD Audio 3000? Would be great if it did as I'd love to do away with using external video players (PowerDVD works well but is a pain to use, and TMT5 has audio sync issues) - as long as the quality doesn't suffer.

- mkohman - 2011-09-08

bluray Wrote:i'm not sure what is lanczos3. you can try set onkyo 608 to passthrough video and turn off dxva2 to see if it can playback fluently.

i don't use anything special in one of my htpc other than ati radeon hd 6570 and another htpc with gt 430. it's crystal clear as bluray playback using ps3.

LANCZOS 3 is a video decoding setting inside XBMC if you do not use DXVA you can select which decoding you like in the settings whilst playing a movie.. I find that this filter or codec whatever you call it Smile has the best quality in playback with HD Movies .. its crystal clear and you can see all the pores on peoples faces whilst when I enable DXVA2 in XBMC I have flawlass DTS HD MA audio but the video is alot more smooth and not as sharp as Lanczos 3 setting also my blacks are more medium greyHuh Do you think I need to tweakl my ATI card settings or is that just the way DXVA2 works?

Also I see on your previous thread you state that in windows the speaker configuration for the ATI sound card should be set to 2.0 (stereo) instead of 5.1.. whats the reason for this? Do you think that may be the reason the sound is choppey whilst playing DTS HD MA or DD TRUE HD whilst not using DXVA2 ? Thanks

- pyrodex - 2011-09-08

Quick question... trying to mull over whether I should give this a whirl or not. Could someone explain why the HD Codecs are required from Realtek if you are using Nvidia for the audio source?

Also the Realtek url doesn't seem to work on their site.

- bluray - 2011-09-08

pyrodex Wrote:Quick question... trying to mull over whether I should give this a whirl or not. Could someone explain why the HD Codecs are required from Realtek if you are using Nvidia for the audio source?

Also the Realtek url doesn't seem to work on their site.

install realtek hd audio codecs will insure that you have all codecs that nvidia may left out. you can try with nvidia by itself first, and then try it with realtek. if it sound the same, you don't need realtek.