Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- acemt - 2011-10-19

bluray Wrote:is it video stuttering or audio stuttering? what bd movie do you want me to try? currently my hdtv is dead, but i'll get another led hdtv. after i bought a new led hdtv, i'll give it a shot.

I will have to get back to you as to which was stuttering. I believe it was only audio, but I will check this afternoon and confirm. I found it on several .mkv's with 24pfs playback. The one I know works with Dharma and other pre-eden is David Gilmore - Remember that night.....

Clubwerks may have some others as he has seen this as well

Thanks

Mark

- bluray - 2011-10-19

Pak- can you update your post # 287 with english version?

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

acemt Wrote:I will have to get back to you as to which was stuttering. I believe it was only audio, but I will check this afternoon and confirm. I found it on several .mkv's with 24pfs playback. The one I know works with Dharma and other pre-eden is David Gilmore - Remember that night.....

Thanks

Mark

All the highest 10-15 GB downloads of the Jack Ryan movies. The Hunt for Red October, The Sum of All Fears, Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. All exactly the same. Video is perfect, audio is stuttering and full of static. On the nightlies, they all play perfectly. I actually used DVDFab to rip my own BluRay into 15GB mkvs with the TrueHD fully encoded. They both work perfectly on this version, so I'm guessing the problem lies in the original encoding from the release groups that posted them. My encoded versions all play at 24 fps too. The only problem of course is that it took me 12 hours to compress them.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

acemt Wrote:I will have to get back to you as to which was stuttering. I believe it was only audio, but I will check this afternoon and confirm. I found it on several .mkv's with 24pfs playback. The one I know works with Dharma and other pre-eden is David Gilmore - Remember that night.....

Thanks

Mark

BTW, I fixed my music video problem by ensuring that my vid cards resolution was 1080p30 1920x1080 resolution and then ticking display refresh rate to match video. Without that, the 1080p music videos always played at fast speed with sped up audio.

- bluray - 2011-10-19

clubwerks Wrote:BTW, I fixed my music video problem by ensuring that my vid cards resolution was 1080p30 1920x1080 resolution and then ticking display refresh rate to match video. Without that, the 1080p music videos always played at fast speed with sped up audio.
I'm glad that it work out for you! That is exactly what I did to all 4 HTPC that I built. I manually adjusted resolution to match the actual screen resolution. I mentioned it in these earlier posts #148 and #11, and I ecos the same message on several threads that has problem with stutter video playback.

After 4 kids, my RAM is not very good anymore. I couldn't recall everything I did several weeks ago. If you're willing to search around, you'll find solution in this forum!

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

Well, I posted the solution to that problem and the other problem doesn't appear to have any solution yet judging by the threads I've read on the new audio engine branch. Luckily, it only affects a very small percentage of the movies in my library. Like .5%.

- bluray - 2011-10-19

clubwerks Wrote:Well, I posted the solution to that problem and the other problem doesn't appear to have any solution yet judging by the threads I've read on the new audio engine branch. Luckily, it only affects a very small percentage of the movies in my library. Like .5%.
are you still having issue playback the movie with dts?

unforunately, i cannot try anything at this time. my damn hdtv is dead. it'll be replaced by another led hdtv very soon. i'm still searching for the right brand, model and price.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-20

bluray Wrote:are you still having issue playback the movie with dts?

unforunately, i cannot try anything at this time. my damn hdtv is dead. it'll be replaced by another led hdtv very soon. i'm still searching for the right brand, model and price.

Yes. I don't think that problem is fixable. I think it's broken in the audio engine itself. Seems to have been some discussion on this matter over on those threads.

Like I said, small enough problem that I'm not worried about it. I'm actually in the process of reripping and shrinking The Sum of All Fears right now with the TrueHD audio. So, I've fixed 3 of the 4 movies myself.

- acemt - 2011-10-20

bluray Wrote:are you still having issue playback the movie with dts?

Bluray,

I have confirmed that it is ONLY AUDIO stuttering, not video and it is only with DTS soundtracks. Some work no problem, others are scratchy and stutter. I think this is what Clubwerks was reporting as well.

- acemt - 2011-10-20

clubwerks Wrote:Yes. I don't think that problem is fixable. I think it's broken in the audio engine itself. Seems to have been some discussion on this matter over on those threads.

Like I said, small enough problem that I'm not worried about it. I'm actually in the process of reripping and shrinking The Sum of All Fears right now with the TrueHD audio. So, I've fixed 3 of the 4 movies myself.

That would be a bummer if true....

Many concerts, I have many that are DTS soundtracks...

- clubwerks - 2011-10-20

acemt Wrote:That would be a bummer if true....

Many concerts, I have many that are DTS soundtracks...

Well, I've only found four movies, those four Tom Clancy movies. But I don't have a bunch of concerts with DTS. I think I have Journey, Van Halen and AC/DC concert movies. I've watched the AC/DC recently, it was fine.

- acemt - 2011-10-20

clubwerks Wrote:Well, I've only found four movies, those four Tom Clancy movies. But I don't have a bunch of concerts with DTS. I think I have Journey, Van Halen and AC/DC concert movies. I've watched the AC/DC recently, it was fine.

Yes, I agree, it's random. I would say it's about half my DTS concerts that stutter running the HD audio .exe I have tried almost all of my concerts, and it is about 50-50 on the DTS. All stereo (PCM) and dolby Digital work fine. I have no idea why that it, but that's what it's doing. Under Dharma and other pre-eden, no problems at all with stuttering....Huh?

- bluray - 2011-10-20

acemt Wrote:Yes, I agree, it's random. I would say it's about half my DTS concerts that stutter running the HD audio .exe I have tried almost all of my concerts, and it is about 50-50 on the DTS. All stereo (PCM) and dolby Digital work fine. I have no idea why that it, but that's what it's doing. Under Dharma and other pre-eden, no problems at all with stuttering....Huh?
i believe i have some bd concerts in the drawer. after i bought another led hdtv, i'll give it a try!

- greg631 - 2011-10-21

Schwiing Wrote:thanks for your reply. I changed the setting with XBMC, but I'm not sure which setting you mean on my receiver.. the closest I can think of is the hdmi control setting but I'm not entirely sure. either way I tried a combination of those with no luck.. still hunting. if you have any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again

**EDIT:

So I did a little investigating, and although I don't have a solution yet, I believe I found what could be the issue. So, in your second step, you mention to install the Realtek High Definition Audio driver, which I did. Here's what I got (and yes, I'm running x64 W7):

So I selected that, downloaded it, and done. But then I look into your control panel word document, and you mention that the codecs need to be listed, which, none are. So that can't work. So, going back to the above image, I download and install the "ATI HDMI Audio Device" driver. Sure enough, that brings the codecs in the control panel showing DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, etc etc (5 of them).

After loading up this config, I launch XBMC, and still hiccups in the audio stream as I mentioned before. Strange. I have it selected as stereo (even though I have options up to 7.1) and in XBMC, I tried putting the passthrough output device to ati hdmi instead of default. Still no luck! Hm.

So anyway, if this helps at all, then great. Being able to play Blu ray ISOs is what I'm after as you have yours working. Any further help is appreciated. Thanks again.

I installed the same drivers, and when I rebooted and tried the ATI HDMI Audio Device driver, I get an error that it is not installed. Is there similar driver for Nvidia cards? Thought maybe they used the same audio drivers, but apparently not. My onboard audio, is Realtek, which explains why the Win 7 drivers installed.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

- bluray - 2011-10-21

greg631 Wrote:I installed the same drivers, and when I rebooted and tried the ATI HDMI Audio Device driver, I get an error that it is not installed. Is there similar driver for Nvidia cards? Thought maybe they used the same audio drivers, but apparently not. My onboard audio, is Realtek, which explains why the Win 7 drivers installed.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!
you need to make sure that your driver is up to date and here are links to update it- ati graphic driver, nvidia control panel and realtek hd audio