Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-22

wazzey Wrote:Thanks for all the help. I can't believe that all this just works. Can finally just click the movie and it comes up - AND with the right audio. Amazing. Thanks again

Great to see you have it all working Nod
It doesn't matter what version you used to get it working, what matters is that you found a solution that works for you Nod

@bluray
There's no reason to feel sorry for people who can't get the old xbmc test version working? There are many options for hd audio, some better and more adaptable/compatible than others.

Users can choose between the new DSPlayer or the external player, both of which are more compatible and use newer updated codecs and features compared to the old xbmc test version...

You should be happy that they have a working solution that enables them to enjoy full hd audio and great picture quality, not feeling sorry for them just because they are not using an old test version of xbmc Huh

- bluray - 2011-11-22

PatrickBateman Wrote:@bluray
There's no reason to feel sorry for people who can't get the old xbmc test version working? There are many options for hd audio, some better and more adaptable/compatible than others.
yes, there are many options (7mce, tmt5, mpc-hc, pdvd, blu-ray player, etc) to playback hd audio but i still feel sorry for those that could not get pre-eden to work as me and others in here. for some of us, we preferred the all-in-one solution. in this case, pre-eden is the preferred solution for me and some others in here. it's xbmc solution, and we don't have to add extra code to make it work.

i hope that xbmc can find way to impliment pre-eden to their final version in the near future!

- waitforit - 2011-11-23

So I've been messing around with this for a few days, I had followed the instructions exactly and all I get is about 2-3x speed video, with no sound. The GUI 'pop' noise (bubble burst or whatever) when navigating doesn't sound either. This is with the xbmc.exe from the 'xbmc_hd_audio' folder.

If I run from my standard xbmc 10.1, everything runs fine, video and audio, just obviously can't get dts-hd or truehd.

I have a HD5870 that has been working fantastic and from my understand should be able to run this without an issue. I have tried uninstalling drivers, xbmc, realtek hd audio drivers, nothing has worked.

Anyone have any ideas why it would be acting this way? Or any suggestions where to start to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.

- bluray - 2011-11-23

waitforit Wrote:Anyone have any ideas why it would be acting this way? Or any suggestions where to start to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.
sorry to read all your troubles. it seems that something is conflicting with each other. if you want to start it fresh, here are step by step and don't skip any step:

1. connect your system- htpc>avr>hdtv with two hdmi cables and set avr to pass-through video
2. un-install xbmc in start>control panel>programs and features
3. delete all xbmc registry in start>type "regedit" in search box>select "current user">edit>type "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it>select "local machine">edit> "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it.

xbmc option-
1. install the latest "ati" video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough and make sure to configure speaker to "stereo"
4. download- darma 10.1 "don't launch xbmc at this point"
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file (iso/m2ts/mkv or index.bdmv directly from bd-rom) with dts-hd or truehd audio, and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-23

bluray Wrote:sorry to read all your troubles. it seems that something is conflicting with each other. if you want to start it fresh, here are step by step and don't skip any step:

1. connect your system- htpc>avr>hdtv with two hdmi cables and set avr to pass-through video
2. un-install xbmc in start>control panel>programs and features
3. delete all xbmc registry in start>type "regedit" in search box>select "current user">edit>type "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it>select "local machine">edit> "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it.

xbmc option-
1. install the latest "ati" video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs and make sure to configure speaker to "stereo"
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
4. download- darma 10.1 "don't launch xbmc at this point"
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file with hd audio and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

Or ....
Just try the latest xbmc pre-eden DSPlayer Big Grin

- bluray - 2011-11-23

PatrickBateman Wrote:Or ....
you're obviously a very proud user of dsplayer. if you're not in here to help out other to get their htpc to work with pre-eden, i'm suggesting that it would be better off for you to spend your valuable time in dsplayer thread to help out other there instead. i think that there are plenty of users there that might need your help on dsplayer. if user is looking for dsplayer solution, they'll fine their way there! Cool

- deh2k7 - 2011-11-23

PatrickBateman Wrote:Or ....

There's no reason to keep pushing the fact that you think the DSPlayer route is better. I'm glad that you found a route that works for you. Please be respectful of the reason that this thread exists - to talk about the AE build and how to get it working. Blu has spent a lot of time trying to help others get the solution to work well, myself included. I wish more people contributed to the community in this way vs. trying to tear down others' work.

- Nubianxbmc - 2011-11-24

ix400 Wrote:Unfortunately, on my system this setup is only good for TrueHD. This works.

But with DTS-HD tracks, my receiver switches permanently between DTS-Master and PCM every two seconds, with no sound.

Thats why I'm really looking forward to the Eden audio branch Windows binaries.

Chris

I am having the EXACT issue that you are having....DTS-HD Master only..Comes on - goes off...TrueHD works fine along with every other format. Weird deal.. PowerDVD works fine for DTS-HD Master so it is not some sort of network problem coming from the Unraid server. It is something to do with the setup.

HELP!!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-24

deh2k7 Wrote:There's no reason to keep pushing the fact that you think the DSPlayer route is better. I'm glad that you found a route that works for you. Please be respectful of the reason that this thread exists - to talk about the AE build and how to get it working. Blu has spent a lot of time trying to help others get the solution to work well, myself included. I wish more people contributed to the community in this way vs. trying to tear down others' work.

What on earth are you talking about?

First of all I merely mentioned that he could try DSPlayer? If you read my posts you will see I don't use it but know it works for others as others in here posted their success stories.

Second, this thread is NOT for the pre-Eden Xbmc test version discussion only? The title nor the thread are specific to that version?

Third? Tear down his contribution? What are you talking about? I contribute to the community in many ways, I have no idea what I have "torn down" all I posted was "try DSPlayer" as the guy said the test version from July didn't work for him? I'm gave him an alternative he may not have tested/tried or known about? Talk about a over dramatic post!

Fourth... Maybe you should read before posting and embarrassing yourself!

And hilariously another user posts the same issues directly after your posts Smile infact, going through your old posts you yourself are having some issues with the same version and have caused off topic arguments with other members by you yourself pushing the hd audio version Smile hypocrisy?

Are you saying that users who experience problems should not be advised to try DSPlayer? 0wing is merging it with the git for every nightly and even after Eden, it's updated, supported and far far more stable than the July version? And I have been thanked by uses in HERE for helping them with the DSPlayer option WHEN the July version didn't work for them!

I've not once posted it arbitrarily!

Read the thread title, read the thread, read the replying, read my posts then reply with an appropriate reply.

Same goes for you blu ray...

- bluray - 2011-11-24

Nubianxbmc Wrote:I am having the EXACT issue that you are having....DTS-HD Master only..Comes on - goes off...TrueHD works fine along with every other format. Weird deal.. PowerDVD works fine for DTS-HD Master so it is not some sort of network problem coming from the Unraid server. It is something to do with the setup.

HELP!!
do you happen to have pioneer avr?

- bluray - 2011-11-24

PatrickBateman Wrote:Second, this thread is NOT for the pre-Eden Xbmc test version discussion only?
if you read the entire thread, you'll find out that july version of pre-eden brought up many times in this thread. the reason it is called xbmc_hd_audio because it's the only xbmc available to playback hd audio without extra code or external player.

PatrickBateman Wrote:Third? Tear down his contribution?
eventhough you're not trying to tear me down, but it may seems like it to the eyes of others. when i offered solutions, you directly resnponsed to my message (in this post #380) intead of the user with problem.

PatrickBateman Wrote:I contribute to the community in many ways, I have no idea what I have "torn down" all I posted was "try DSPlayer" as the guy said the test version from July didn't work for him?
you might have contributed to this community in many ways, but not directly to this pre-eden hd audio other than "you can try dsplayer" several times.

PatrickBateman Wrote:Same goes for you blu ray...
all we asked from you is to respect others. users come to this thread because they want this july version of pre-eden solution. if they want to get this version to work on their htpc, we're here to do our best to help. if they want dsplayer solution, they'll find their way there themselves. it's time to move on bud! Smile

bluray Wrote:if you read the entire thread, you'll find out that july version of pre-eden brought up many times in this thread. the reason it is called xbmc_hd_audio because it's the only xbmc available to playback hd audio without extra code or external player.

there no way anyone can pull me away from this pre-eden. eventhough you're not trying to tear me down, but it may seems like it to the eyes of others. when i offered solution, you directly resnponsed to my message (in this post #380) intead of the user with problem.

you might have contributed to this community in many ways, but not directly to this pre-eden hd audio other than "you can try dsplayer" several time.

all we asked from you is to respect others. users come to this thread because they want this july version of pre-eden solution. if they want to get this version work on their htpc, we're here to do our best to help. if they want dsplayer solution, they'll find their way their themselves. it's time to move on bud! Smile

Blu ray...
What are you talking bout? Read the replys correctly!

He said this thread is specifically for hdaudio version? It's not!
He said I tore down your work! Dramatic! I just said "try the other version" as the July version did not work for him. If ice films doesn't work for you, people suggest trying navix? It's a common helpful practice tht others in here have been grateful for. It's called awareness.

As for being respectful? What are you talking about? are you detached from reality? Quote me being dis-respectful? I can quote you!
Quote:"move on bud"
doesn't scream "respectful" to me, does it" hypocrisy again I see!

I have been asked to move conversations to pm away from you by members in here as your attitude toward them has been less than welcoming, tht is an absolute categoric fact!

I'll not be getting dragged into a online debate about this as its obvious you have blinkered vision in your quest. I have noticed I'm not the first one you have made unreasonable posts/remarks about. There is a common factor here and it's not me.

Consider this matter closed and not up for further discussion in the forums, as it's off topic and quite clearly against the forums rules!

If you have anything further to say, do it via PM and not in the forums, that is respectful and correct forum etiquette.

- bluray - 2011-11-24

PatrickBateman- how do you feel when you try to get your old chevy camaro to work for several months, and you neighbor come by and say "hey patrick, why not go test drive a brand new ciciv si?" instead of offer him solution to fix his chevy camaro. you get the point. it's time to move on! Smile

bluray Wrote:PatrickBateman- how do you feel when you try to get your old chevy camaro to work for several months, and you neighbor come by and say "hey patrick, why not go test drive a brand new ciciv si?" instead of offer him solution to fix his chevy camaro. you get the point. it's time to move on! Smile

That makes no sense?

By your own argument your saying that by you offering advice on the hd_audio version is the same Laugh your contradicting yourself?

If you had a flat tyre on your camero and tried to blow it up with your mouth and I said why not try a foot pump would you not be grateful? Rofl this is Fast becoming a ridiculous conversation and could go on all day! Rofl

Take this to PM your breaking from rules!
I ended this conversation once already!

- bluray - 2011-11-24

PatrickBateman Wrote:That makes no sense?

By your own argument your saying that by you offering advice on the hd_audio version is the same Laugh your contradicting yourself?

If you had a flat tyre on your camero and tried to blow it up with your mouth and I said why not try a foot pump would you not be grateful? Rofl this is Fast becoming a ridiculous conversation and could go on all day! Rofl

Take this to PM your breaking from rules!
I ended this conversation once already!
it's time to move on! Smile