Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- bluray - 2012-01-15

p2user Wrote:Thanks for your guide Bluray I'm now getting HD audio bitstreamed to my amp Smile

Only issue i'm having is that now and then when i watch a movie the picture will freeze and the audio carries on playing. The mce remote can't do nothing and i have to plug a keyboard in to goto task manager to kill XBMC. Long shot but any ideas? When i installed your XBMC_HD i formatted the PC and started wth a fresh WIN 7 build and just installed drivers and followed your instructions.
1. make sure that your GPU is updated with the latest driver
2. You can try different video output settings as shown below:

- p2user - 2012-01-15

I know that the gpu driver is uptodate.

Will try the other settings, but my tv is full hd so do i need to change the res to the one shown in your screenshot?

bluray Wrote:1. make sure that your GPU is updated with the latest driver
2. You can try different video output settings as shown below:

- bluray - 2012-01-15

p2user Wrote:I know that the gpu driver is uptodate.

Will try the other settings, but my tv is full hd so do i need to change the res to the one shown in your screenshot?
As far as screen resolution, it is best to select the recommended resolution on your HTPC. If the screen is not completely fill in, you can use underscan/overscan options to fill it! Smile

- jetske - 2012-01-17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Fantastic job on the HD Audio set up,it sounds amazing. However, I am a newbie please help me, I have followed your instructions and when I open XBMC with your exe I get fantastic bluray DTS HD Sound on a bluray rip, but no sound on my AVI 700mb movies. Also no GUI sounds on the XBMC menu. Please help. I have tried changing from 7.1 to 2.0 output in settings with no change. If I open XBMC with my old exe file it has GUI sounds and AVI play with sound but of course no DTS HD sound. Thanks in advance.

Newbie to XBMC
Running Darma 10 on windows 7 I5 chip, 1gig full hd Graphics card Twin Frozer. 8 gig ram.

- bluray - 2012-01-17

jetske Wrote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Fantastic job on the HD Audio set up,it sounds amazing. However, I am a newbie please help me, I have followed your instructions and when I open XBMC with your exe I get fantastic bluray DTS HD Sound on a bluray rip, but no sound on my AVI 700mb movies. Also no GUI sounds on the XBMC menu. Please help. I have tried changing from 7.1 to 2.0 output in settings with no change. If I open XBMC with my old exe file it has GUI sounds and AVI play with sound but of course no DTS HD sound. Thanks in advance.

Newbie to XBMC
Running Darma 10 on windows 7 I5 chip, 1gig full hd Graphics card Twin Frozer. 8 gig ram.
It is more likely that your userdata in roaming get mixed up between Darma and XBMC_HD. When you want to use XBMC_HD, you cannot launch Darma. You can rename XBMC in roaming to XBMC_Orig, and then launch XBMC from XBMC_HD folder. You'll have the GUI sounds! Smile

- jetske - 2012-01-17

Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply, I have done what you suggested, and I still do not have any GUI sounds or sound on my tv shows and avi movies, the sound on the bluray rips in DTS HD are fantastic, is there anything else I can try. Thanks

- bluray - 2012-01-17

jetske Wrote:Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply, I have done what you suggested, and I still do not have any GUI sounds or sound on my tv shows and avi movies, the sound on the bluray rips in DTS HD are fantastic, is there anything else I can try. Thanks
You might want to select "Exclusive Mode" in XBMC audio output. You can select the correct "2.1, 3.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc" channel for your surround system. Make sure to turn up the "VOLUME" in XBMC too! Smile

- jetske - 2012-01-18

Again Thanks, But still nothing, I have tried virtually all combinations in audio settings with no joy. Am I correct that your HD setup includes playback for non HD?
Should I try removing the HD setup and doing it again, is there a way to uninstall or do I just delete the folder and redownload it? Is there a special way to intsall or do you just open the HD folder and hit the EXE file and it should be all good? Cheers
I am running Darma 10.1 Neon skin.
Thanks

- jetske - 2012-01-18

Hi, WOW WOW WOW, so cool.
I have it going, I figured out I can just delete the folder and files so did this, redownloaded the files, set it up, and WOW so awesome, I want to thank you so much for the time you have put into this setup, it is exactly what I wanted, now I can enjoy my Bluray's they way they were meant to be heard.
Thank You

- bluray - 2012-01-18

jetske Wrote:Hi, WOW WOW WOW, so cool.
I have it going, I figured out I can just delete the folder and files so did this, redownloaded the files, set it up, and WOW so awesome, I want to thank you so much for the time you have put into this setup, it is exactly what I wanted, now I can enjoy my Bluray's they way they were meant to be heard.
Thank You
Congratulation..! Make sure not to launch 10.1...because it will mess up XBMC_HD userdata.

- jetske - 2012-01-18

Ok Thanks

- mase1981 - 2012-01-19

Hey, great post.
i do have a question, hope you can answer me....
from my understanding is that XBMC will do passthough,
does that means that in order to get TRUHD and DTS i need to use coax cable or will i get pure DTS and TRUHD from HDMI output as well?

i am failing to understand the complete difference between passthrough and regular...
can you explain?

second question:
is xbmc_hd is a different release then xbmc? where did it came from?

3rd question:
if i use this guide, and make sure to always lunch xbmc_hd will i have sound 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1 when applicable?

4th and last question Smile :

can i use COREAVC with xbmc_hd? since i just purchased coreavc for my HTPC.

hope you can reply.
thank you once again !

- bluray - 2012-01-19

mase1981 Wrote:Hey, great post.
i do have a question, hope you can answer me....
from my understanding is that XBMC will do passthough,
does that means that in order to get TRUHD and DTS i need to use coax cable or will i get pure DTS and TRUHD from HDMI output as well?

i am failing to understand the complete difference between passthrough and regular...
can you explain?

second question:
is xbmc_hd is a different release then xbmc? where did it came from?

3rd question:
if i use this guide, and make sure to always lunch xbmc_hd will i have sound 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1 when applicable?

4th and last question Smile :

can i use COREAVC with xbmc_hd? since i just purchased coreavc for my HTPC.

hope you can reply.
thank you once again !
You'll need to connect your HTPC to AVR via HDMI cable to playback DTS-HD/TrueHD audio. Both GPU and AVR have to support DTS-HD/TrueHD for it to work. Passthru is when XBMC passthru audio to AVR for decoding, and the non-passthrough is when XBMC is doing the decoding.

- mase1981 - 2012-01-19

bluray Wrote:You'll need to connect your HTPC to AVR via HDMI cable to playback DTS-HD/TrueHD audio. Both GPU and AVR have to support DTS-HD/TrueHD for it to work. Passthru is when XBMC passthru audio to AVR for decoding, and the non-passthrough is when XBMC is doing the decoding.

thank you Sir.
yes i have a 7.1 system at home.
just for clarifications purposes.
i intend to use your method
via HDMI
using an external player such as bsplayer / mpc-hc
i will get pure 7.1 sound (in applicable movies)
is that statement correct?

also, is xbmc-hd is an official release or ?

- bluray - 2012-01-19

mase1981 Wrote:thank you Sir.
yes i have a 7.1 system at home.
just for clarifications purposes.
i intend to use your method
via HDMI
using an external player such as bsplayer / mpc-hc
i will get pure 7.1 sound (in applicable movies)
is that statement correct?

also, is xbmc-hd is an official release or ?
No released XMBC support DTS-HD/TrueHD. If you want to use MPC-HC as an external player, you can use my guide in this thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.