Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) (/showthread.php?tid=109470)

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-10

I just updated to Eden Beta 3 and the posters/thumbs on the metro homepage are very slow to load. I have to flick through the posters and then they start to appear and even then it takes a while to load.

with eden2 it used to be practically instant.

I'll post a debug log if needed later.

- GJones - 2012-02-10

`Black, I have been tinkering with the skin and have to compliment you. The code within is laid out well and easy to modify on top of it being a great skin for the end-user. I made some mods to include more episodes on the watchlist and use the watchlist on the tv panel (increasing limit to 25 in the watchlist call in startup, adding extra entries in the item list, extra dots...).

I realized what I was trying to do, in reality, was make a playlist full of watchlist entries for episodes. Would you consider an option to list the episode (and possibly movie) watchlist entries as part of the menu? I love the scrolling thumbs and fanart, but consider those more reminders of what is out there. A list would let users pick an episode/movie immediately without having to wait for the scroll. The list could also accommodate a longer watchlist.

This skin is making the best use of the watchlist script, by far. I think this addition would put it way ahead of even where it is now.

- `Black - 2012-02-10

Why wait for the scroll? You can focus the lists and scroll through them, no need to wait.

- GJones - 2012-02-10

`Black Wrote:Why wait for the scroll? You can focus the lists and scroll through them, no need to wait.

Well, I learned something new today. Sadly, it was easier for me to make a mod to support 25 items in the watchlists than it was to learn what the skin already supported.

I'll be testing the mod with 25 items in the Movie and TV watchlist scrollers. I'll let you know if there are any side effects.

- Martijn - 2012-02-10

GJones Wrote:Perhaps I am dumb. I have no idea how to do that with a remote. I would be glad to accept my ignorance as opposed to rebuild the interface myself.

When you have it focused pressing "down" and that way you scroll through it.

- garyi - 2012-02-10

Please, I beg you reduce the volume of the sounds!

I don't know if you suffer with hearing loss but its ruining the experience for me.

- Martijn - 2012-02-10

garyi Wrote:Please, I beg you reduce the volume of the sounds!

I don't know if you suffer with hearing loss but its ruining the experience for me.

So turn of the menu sounds

- garyi - 2012-02-10

I like a bit of sound. Just not twice as loud as any media I play, meaning I am constantly on the volume control.

I worked out to copy the sounds from ellipsis, so problem solved, but really they are far far to intrusive as they stand.

- quebert - 2012-02-10

AWESOME skin! Question though, how would I add Cinema Experience to it? I fiddled around with the XML's a bit, but I'm a n00b and didn't make any progress. Sad

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-11

It's just a suggestion but I always felt there was a lot of wasted space in the weather view that could be improved such as having a 5 day weather view from the homepage and using the new weather icons. What I like about this skin is having to click less to get more info such as new movies/tv/watchlist and thought getting more weather info from the home view would be even better.

Anyway thought it would be better if I just mocked it up and see what 'black and others thought. I can't code for shit so im just throwing it out there!

I used the new weather icons.

Before:

After:

- `Black - 2012-02-11

Less is sometimes more, I'll leave it by 3. But moving source and updated to the bottom is a good idea. For the icons use google weather and you'll have them. I tried to use them for all add-ons but that didn't work.

- tonybeccar - 2012-02-11

krish_2k4 Wrote:Image

Hey I like your blue background? HI was wondering how did you accomplish it? Is it a custom stage file? Share it please!

Thanks!

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-11

`Black Wrote:Less is sometimes more, I'll leave it by 3. But moving source and updated to the bottom is a good idea. For the icons use google weather and you'll have them. I tried to use them for all add-ons but that didn't work.

no worries, just a thought!

tonybeccar Wrote:Hey I like your blue background? HI was wondering how did you accomplish it? Is it a custom stage file? Share it please!

Thanks!

The background is already available in the skin. Go into Skin settings > Global backgrounds and it is background "07.jpg". Make sure stage style is set to "dark".

Power and Favorites menu - TravellingGuy - 2012-02-11

Hey Black.

Awesome job on Metro!

One very small thing, when I go down to the use the Power or Favorites menu, I find it very hard to distinguish which of the two is selected. Can you make it more obvious which one is currently selected? Maybe a blue border around the selected option or make it bolder so it jumps out more or something.

Thanks a bunch!

- t2ffn - 2012-02-11

Love the metro look.

A couple of observations, not sure any are skin related but let's see:

1. On the home screen, on the movies area, there is a number, which should correspond to my movies, but when I actually go into the movies, this number differs. Movie sets did have an impact so I deleted them, but the number still differs.

2. Using things like video plugins, such as ESPN, I get the next aired dialog at the bottom for the last TV show I may have browsed. So while navigating ESPN, i'm being told when the next episode of CSI airs...

3. The Season count within a TV show includes the "All Seasons" thumb, so the season count is ALWAYS 1 season too high. So in a TV show that has 7 seasons such as criminal minds, "All Seasons", Then 1-7, at the top of the screen it will state 8 Seasons.

4. Sometimes, the navigation gets mixed up, so when on "new Episodes" on TV shows, and clicking down should scroll through the 6 new episodes, it doesn't, you need to scroll sideways. Its odd and seems to happen if you've scrolled down through everything a few times, but resets to default controls after a restart.

Just some observations, some may be XBMC bugs (using Beta 3), but love the skin.

Is there an easy way to browse the newest movies added? There is usually a "recently added" shortcut, but can't find it on this skin, only the 6 shown on the movies tab.