Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-06-25

how did you try to manually change it? in order to change it through ViMM, you should use the 'Manual Search' option in the toolbar.

If an item is 'locked', there should be a little graphic of a lock in the media list for that item, which means that during 'mass-updates', no changes will be made to that item.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - psykix - 2013-06-26

Hiya,

I've just started using this tonight as an alternative to EMM since I wanted to use my Mac :-)

I have a question.. I want to manually search on all of my movies using IMDB ID. This works fine and means I get each movie correct.

However, how can I show only movies with missing metadata, so that I know which ones I still have to do a manual search on? I don't want to automate it, because when I tried that it got some movies wrong, and it's hard to spot them :-)

Thanks very much :-)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-06-26

Sort of a 'cheat' to sort by 'unfetched' is actually to sort them by 'watched' status through the 'view' > 'sort by' > 'watched' menu items.
Hope that helps, good luck with the collection! Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - psykix - 2013-06-26

That seems to do the trick, thanks!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-06-27

For those who simply want to download a video from youtube, I'm happy to announce a new little app:
YouTubeDL: A simple Youtube downloader!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - psykix - 2013-06-27

Sorry, I have another question!

How can I get the English title of a movie displayed instead of the original title? (The folder and file are named with the English title)

Sure I have just missed a setting somewhere or something!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-06-27

Where is it displayed originally?
If you go into the metadata editor, In the media list and on the main display, ViMM generally uses the 'Title' field.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - psykix - 2013-06-27

I have bigger issues unfortunately now!

I did about 20 movies with manual search using IMDB ID. That all worked fine.

Then I thought I would automate it, and then just compare title with the filename to make sure they were correct.

I ran fetch metadata for all items without metadata. This seemed to be working ok. I stopped it after a few so I could check it was doing it ok. All seemed fine.

I then clicked update metadata and all went pear shaped. All the automatic searched movies on the left showed as though they had no data, and yet in the right pane all the metadata was present.

Sooo... I decided to delete my list and start again, so I did refresh (Shift, CMD, R)

Now I am left with this mess :-

Any ideas how to fix it??

EDIT : I've just noticed that for some reason it is duplicating names on the left pane for movies with no metadata. Grabbing metadata seems to fix it, so hopefully once it is all done it will look correct :-)

Keeps needing manual intervention still though, with errors connecting to Trakt or Rotten Tomatoes occasionally.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - guwu - 2013-06-27

Somehow I messed up my movies folder using VIMM Sad

I've got all my movies stored on a NAS in separate folders with the movie's name as the folder name. When using VIMM for the first time I ran an automatic update to fetch all the metadata for the available movies. This worked quite good with the exception of a handful of movies not being scraped correctly. Whily trying to fix those manually I must have done something completely insane because at some point I had _all_ movies listed under the same name ("Arctic Blast" - do not even know that movie) and because I ticked the option to rename each movie file to match the movie name I now have about 500 movies of the same name Confused Fortunately the folder names were not renamed so at least each movie is still in the right folder.

I tried everything to solve the problem inside VIMM but without luck. Is there any solution for this? I'm not eager to go through 500 folders and correct the file names manually...

I'm on the latest nighly build, Intel version.

Thanks a lot in advance.

@psykix: The refresh issue is known to me, and should be fixed in the latest nightly build:
http://www.mediafire.com/vimediamanager

@guwu: Make sure the .nfo files are correct, then go to the 'Tools' menu, down to 'Rename' and select 'all' from the submenu, if the fetched information is correct, it should rename them all.
And you might want to try to 'Rescan folders' through the 'File' menu before you start the re-namer, in case it's picking up the same folder over and over or something.

If they all have the incorrect metadata, you could use the 'clean' toolbar button to remove all '.nfo', files and images and start again with the 'fetch for all items without metadata', making sure that the option to 'Lookup using folder name' is checked in the 'Preferences' / 'Movies' panel.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - cbr600ds2 - 2013-06-27

Marius -

I hit the Manual Search. It finds it correctly but the information that it downloads is the original. I just realized that black cauldron remake also has the same issue.

(2013-06-27, 13:56)guwu Wrote: Somehow I messed up my movies folder using VIMM Sad

I've got all my movies stored on a NAS in separate folders with the movie's name as the folder name. When using VIMM for the first time I ran an automatic update to fetch all the metadata for the available movies. This worked quite good with the exception of a handful of movies not being scraped correctly. Whily trying to fix those manually I must have done something completely insane because at some point I had _all_ movies listed under the same name ("Arctic Blast" - do not even know that movie) and because I ticked the option to rename each movie file to match the movie name I now have about 500 movies of the same name Confused Fortunately the folder names were not renamed so at least each movie is still in the right folder.

I tried everything to solve the problem inside VIMM but without luck. Is there any solution for this? I'm not eager to go through 500 folders and correct the file names manually...

I'm on the latest nighly build, Intel version.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Yeah, there's apparently nothing you can do. I've been doing the same for the past few days and I'm only on B! but I have a bit more than you to go throuh (over 1500)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - psykix - 2013-07-02

I have my movies organised just fab now with all the art etc etc.. VMM is a bit glitchy at times, but I can live with that!

My question now is...

Is there any way for VMM to monitor folders and update as new movies/shows are added?

I haven't done my TV Series yet, because that is all automated using SABNZBD and Sickbeard - I'm not sure how I can best integrate that setup with VMM?

At the moment, I use Mediaportal and a plugin (MP-TVSERIES) which monitors the TV Series folder and downloads fanart and episode details etc. However, it is not as comprehensive as VMM, and it also doesn't download ClearArt etc and furthermore doesn't store the artwork with the TV Series files, rather they are put into a separate database, which means after a rebuild it all has to be scanned again.

Hope you can point me in the right direction!

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-07-02

Working on 'watch' folders. defintly something i'll be doing. ;-)

There's currently an option to set a sort of 'completed downloads' folder for tv episodes under 'Preferences' > 'TV Shows' which will have it's contents moved around to the appropriate folders when one selects the toolbar icon 'Update metadata' > 'New Episodes', after which it'll go through your list of tv shows and searches for any shows with episodes that don't have both a thumbnail image and .nfo file set, which should be the case for the downloaded episodes, at which point ViMM will update that tv show's episodes.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - psykix - 2013-07-02

Thanks for the reply :-)

Can you just clarify what the completed downloads folder does? Can I just point that at my top level TV Series folder?

Sickbeard currently just lumps them all under one folder. I never bothered using sub folders for season. I don't mind them going into sub folders defined by season if that needs to happen to make it work, but I don't necessarily need them to move at all :-)

Cheers :-)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-07-03

It should be pointed at a different folder then your TV show source folder, once you select 'New Episodes' from the 'Update Metadata' toolbar button, ViMM will scan that folder for new episodes, and will try to move them to a matching tv show folder.
Once it's done that, ViMM will go through the list and update every tv show which has 'new' episodes available.