Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

- demosthien - 2011-09-20

MariusTh86 Wrote:Very odd... I'm guessing you're using a different movie every time? do you receive any other error messages before it crashes besides those error reports? which movies did it happen with? and, if you remove the NFO files from those movies, restart the app and scrape them again, does it crash each time you try this with those movies?
Try the last one a couple of times on the same movies to see if it's a random occurrence, or if it might be specific to those movies, in which case I'd like you to send me the NFO file's content next to the movie file names.

The reported times were both on different movies. I can't remember what the movies were though, sorry.

No other error messages prior to crash.

There were no existing NFO files for either movie, VMM did not create an NFO file before the crash & on reopening VMM there was no NFO present in the movie's folder.

I'll try your suggestions when/if it happens next & I'll go back & try to work out which movies it happened to earlier.

- MariusTh86 - 2011-09-20

So, it seems like it collected all the data, but it might have errored while trying to save the data. I think I might be figuring out where it's going wrong.

Alright, keep me posted on your trials!

- cbr600ds2 - 2011-09-20

Marius,

beta10 is definitely slower than beta9 even though I had to start beta9 holding the option button. Also getting the can't handle exception when downloading trailers sometimes. Any way to download 9 again?

I'm still not using this for TV shows. I'm still using Media Info Plus

but keep up the good work.

- i814u2 - 2011-09-20

cbr600ds2 Wrote:Marius,

beta10 is definitely slower than beta9 even though I had to start beta9 holding the option button. Also getting the can't handle exception when downloading trailers sometimes. Any way to download 9 again?

I'm still not using this for TV shows. I'm still using Media Info Plus

but keep up the good work.

It would definitely go slower than starting while holding option/alt. Doing that means it doesn't scan any NFO files. Scanning the NFO files is currently taking a bit of time.

Here's b9

But that doesn't help much, considering A) it didn't properly work for you and you needed to start in debug mode to open it B) it doesn't help further development too much if you use an old version ;)

Thanks i814u2!
That's what debug is for, speeding up little bits and avoiding some possible crashes.

And do you need to hold the [Alt] key at start up just for speeding up? or because it gives an error message if you don't? if so what's the error message?

What exactly does the exception or error message say when downloading trailers?

Also, does anyone else think that b10 is slower then b9? if so, what do you think has gone slower?
Profiling the app doesn't show any significant slow downs on my machine.

- SpoBo - 2011-09-20

MariusTh86 Wrote:Thanks i814u2!
Also, does anyone else think that b10 is slower then b9? if so, what do you think has gone slower?
It's not slower Smile

There are still a couple of things wrong with the movie refresh behavior in the edit metadata panel (for movies).

I'd like to verify that my movies were correctly recognized by going over them in the edit metadata panel (summary tab) by comparing the directory & filename to the recognized title. The problem though is that if I click next or previous it does a full refresh. Which takes ages on my library so it isn't usable Smile I noticed the cancel button has correcter behavior. Could you fix this please?

For example: Only do a full refresh if I entered the edit tab, or even better, edited the title.

- i814u2 - 2011-09-20

I didn't notice any slow-downs, but I haven't been strictly timing anything either.
Perhaps for the beta period you could have a status bar somewhere that says "loaded list in ### seconds".

Previously I counted roughly 5 seconds to load a list of movies from one of my locations. I believe it was roughly the same with this build.
Granted, at this point in the game, speed is second to bug fixes. Once the bugs are ironed out, you can look to improve the speed with different functions or databases, etc.

Thanks for the replies!

For now I'm still loading files directly from disk while filling the lists, but I've removed a number of repopulate entire lists actions in favor of speed, instead users will have to keep track of major changes such as adding new paths themselves and manually reload when necessary.

I've also added a method to change a single list item so that not the entire list has to be reloaded whenever one makes a change to a single item.

These changes will be available in the next beta (11). ^^

- SpoBo - 2011-09-20

MariusTh86 Wrote:Thanks for the replies!
These changes will be available in the next beta (11). ^^
SWEEEET!!! thx Big Grin
I was just going to post that reloading the list for downloading a poster or fanart through the edit metadata panel is a little excessive Smile

Guess I'll put off correcting my movielist until b11 is out :p

v0.5b11 - 20/09/2011
--------------------
* [New] Added several naming options for movie images, NFO files & trailers.
* [New] Single List items can now be updated in stead of having to repopulate the entire list, this will speed things up considerably when editing data.
* [Dif] Removed a lot of repopulate list actions in favor of speed, though this will use a little more RAM. (Keeping everything in memory for now.)
Instead people will have to use the refresh button to update the list manualy more often.
* [Fix] Animelist was showing the wrong list icons.

- SpoBo - 2011-09-20

Just tested it. Works like a charm Big Grin

edit: Just noticed that when I change a movie to a different movie the poster & fanart aren't changed.

Is this deliberate to prevent the tool from overwriting manually added posters & fanarts? Perhaps it's useful to automatically overwrite the images if the IMDB and TMDB ID's for the movie change. But this is no big deal because swapping posters & fanart takes only a couple of seconds now :p

edit2: Ok rather serious bug. Poster AND fanart are now downloaded to the exact same filename after upgrading. So there is only 1 imagefile in my directory called "moviename-poster.jpg". There should be a "moviename-fanart.jpg" as well I think :p So I went into preferences and changed the values around a bit to just use "poster.jpg" and "fanart.jpg". <- IGNORE, check edit 3.

edit3: Other bug then I thought. The fanart is *always* routed to the poster image. Settings now: poster.jpg & fanart.jpg. After that I restarted the app. I download the fanart and it writes the poster.jpg. So this isn't right Smile

- DrPepper - 2011-09-20

For the Movies within a set i get : File not found or invalid xml

will report back

SpoBo Wrote:Just tested it. Works like a charm Big Grin

edit: Just noticed that when I change a movie to a different movie the poster & fanart aren't changed.

Is this deliberate to prevent the tool from overwriting manually added posters & fanarts? Perhaps it's useful to automatically overwrite the images if the IMDB and TMDB ID's for the movie change. But this is no big deal because swapping posters & fanart takes only a couple of seconds now :p

I'm not entirely certain what you mean by changing a movie into a different movie, but when scraping a movie, if it finds existing images, it won't overwrite them with new ones in case you want to keep them.

DrPepper Wrote:For the Movies within a set i get : File not found or invalid xml

will report back

If you could send me the contents of the XML file with SET information, I may be able to do some detailed test runs on it and see what exactly goes wrong.

- DrPepper - 2011-09-20

where do i need to look for that xml file ?