Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MedicineMan - 2013-12-22

I can confirm that, using the intel version, VIMM crashes with the error above (JSONException) with the some movie that the cocoa version hanged with the blank dialog box

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - sevi - 2013-12-24

Hey - has anyone managed to find a solution to this?
I find that ViMM crashes when I try to fetch metadata (not for every movie but for most it seems). A black dialog box comes up as has been mentioned by a couple of other users. It seems to get most of the way...crashing when it looks like its trying to wrote the metadata.
When I force close ViMM and then re-open it, it looks like the metadata hasn't been retrieved as the filmstrip next to the relevant movie is grey (as opposed to blue). Strangely, I found that if I then rename the movie, the filmstrip turns to blue and everything looks fine...have been repeating this cycle for individual films (fetch metadata > blank dialog box > force quit > restart ViMM > rename movie).
Not sure if that helps.
Please let me know if there is a fix to this or whether I should look at other media managers perhaps?
Thx

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - sevi - 2013-12-24

Also - has there been a fix for the YouTube trailers? Would like to avoid having to download trailers locally as it would consume limited storage space...Thx!
And Merry Xmas everyone!

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - nekonoir - 2013-12-25

I can also confirm the JSONException crash on both the current release ViMM and the latest nightly build.

Scraping Die Hard seems to trip it every time

Turning off the RottenTomato service allows it to successfully scrape metadata. I'm guessing either they're returning dodgy output or it's parsing new options incorrectly.

Cheers
D.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MedicineMan - 2013-12-26

Removing the RottenTomato service seems to solve the problem on my side Smile

I had noticed that in some movies the RottenTomato information was only a bunch of symbols. Maybe that´s the solution we've all been waiting for

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - sevi - 2013-12-27

Great!

What about the streaming trailers fromYouTube? Anyone know if that issue has been fixed?

Everytime I try, I simply get a "Working" box in the right hand corner but nothing plays...

Thanks!

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MedicineMan - 2013-12-27

Yes, it's working perfectly Smile

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-12-27

I'm glad that someone found out where it seems to be going wrong at, but unfortunately i've yet to find out why, scraping 'Die Hard (1988)' has yet to give me any troubles, the JSON text seems to be correct and is converted to a JSON object properly.

If someone would like to help, next time they find a movie that hangs on RT, go to this URL, replace '#######' with just the numbers from the IMDb ID:

Code:
http://api.rottentomatoes.com/api/public/v1.0/movie_alias.json?type=imdb&id=#######&apikey=4kqwjrydumjyz9b8bc9bkert

So Die Hard (1988) would be ID: tt0095016, take off the 'tt': 0095016 and then replace the ####### with the number as such:
Code:
http://api.rottentomatoes.com/api/public/v1.0/movie_alias.json?type=imdb&id=0095016&apikey=4kqwjrydumjyz9b8bc9bkert

What appears on the screen should be the JSON notation of rotten tomatoes' information, if you could copy the text and either paste it in [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] blocks or email it to me at [email protected], maybe I can take a look and see what's wrong.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - sevi - 2013-12-28

Any idea how i can get the youtube trailers to work? Everytime I try, I simply get a "Working" box in the right hand corner but nothing plays...
thanks.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-12-29

Streaming youtube trailers not working is apparently my fault, one should NOT save the youtube URL to the .nfo file, but rather use this:

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&video_id=########</trailer> (Replace ### with youtube ID, like: 'XBEVwaJEgaA')

Download the new debug build I just uploaded to fix this issue, and select the toolbar button 'update metadata' > 'all'.
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

After that you'll also have to refresh the information in XBMC itself.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Msan - 2013-12-30

ok, here is something that's been driving me nuts..

I go and enter something in the search bar and it displays the results.. fine.. but then, 9 times out of 10 when I clear the search bar, it forgets all my movies and I will have to scan them all in again.. quite a pain as I have a few thousand to scan back in every time..
I figured it might just have a cache problem, but quitting and reopening the program does not bring the entries back, I have to scan them back in.

Using the latest debug version running under mavericks. movies are on my NAS (unraid) and accessed via SMB shares. It's been doing this for as long as I can remember.. so quite a few versions

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-12-30

Yeah, the search isn't all that stable yet, ViMM currently copies the movie list into a 'search list', if this action is triggered while the movie list has only one item because of a pre-existing search, then ViMM get's confused and forgets all the items that aren't included in the search action.

One way to prevent all entries being deleted is to do your search action, select the item you want in the list, then pressing the cross to reset the search before doing any other actions.
When you reset the search field, you'll keep the selection, so you should be able to do whatever you want with it afterwards.
Not as useful as the search field, but you can also select an item in the list, then start typing the first few letters of a title to be selected.

I'll make sure to change this behaviour in the future.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - bricklemacho - 2013-12-31

Loving ViMM.

I have a large number of rips that have the movie_name.dvdmedia extension which is really just a VIDEO_TS folder with the .dvdmedia extension. This seem to confuse ViMM when searching for metadata. It always searches for "movie_name media" which generally fails.

What I do at the moment is via a script, remove the .dvdmedia extension, fetch the meta data using ViMM, and then via a script add the .dvdmedia extension.

It appears that ViMM found the extension and removed the first 3 characters of the extension and uses the remaining characters in the search. Is there a setting to fix/change this behaviour?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Msan - 2013-12-31

(2013-12-30, 10:21)MariusTh86 Wrote: Yeah, the search isn't all that stable yet, ViMM currently copies the movie list into a 'search list', if this action is triggered while the movie list has only one item because of a pre-existing search, then ViMM get's confused and forgets all the items that aren't included in the search action.

One way to prevent all entries being deleted is to do your search action, select the item you want in the list, then pressing the cross to reset the search before doing any other actions.
When you reset the search field, you'll keep the selection, so you should be able to do whatever you want with it afterwards.
Not as useful as the search field, but you can also select an item in the list, then start typing the first few letters of a title to be selected.

I'll make sure to change this behaviour in the future.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.. Keep up the good work Smile

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - sevi - 2013-12-31

(2013-12-29, 04:05)MariusTh86 Wrote: Streaming youtube trailers not working is apparently my fault, one should NOT save the youtube URL to the .nfo file, but rather use this:

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&video_id=########</trailer> (Replace ### with youtube ID, like: 'XBEVwaJEgaA')

Download the new debug build I just uploaded to fix this issue, and select the toolbar button 'update metadata' > 'all'.
https://www.mediafire.com/?8j6ve2f4je6et

After that you'll also have to refresh the information in XBMC itself.

No luck with the new debug unfortunately.
I tried searching the .nfo files for "youtube" but no luck for the few that i tried...
Still just says "working" and then nothing happens. Sad