Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - codealpha - 2014-01-05

Some more info that may help:
Previously there was one movie that usually froze the ViMM when fetching data (with the version that's available officially from ViMM site).
I had to force quit the app. the movie was: 2 Guns (2013)
Now i have installed a last version of ViMM that @MariusTh86 posted in this thread (i´m running a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9)
With this new version the program doesn´t freeze anymore. Instead it displays this strange dialog for the same exact movie: http://clipitto.com/xBFpDa
At this point i don't know how to close the dialog (doesn't have a close button).
Then i forced quit ViMM, started it again , went to preferences and disabled Rotten Tomatoes service.
Tried again to fetch info for 2 Guns Movie. This time everything goes fine. So Rotten Tomatoes is the cause of the freezes when the ViMM is trying to fetch data. This only happen with some movies. There are others that work fine even with Rotten Tomates service enabled.

Problematic movies with Rotten Tomatoes service enabled (displays the strange dialog i posted above)
Role Models (2008)
Paranoia (2013)
Jobs (2013)

Additionally now my trailers work. They are streaming but i have to select Update metadata -> selection. The option to update all doesn't work and removes the trailer option from XBMC (i suppose it removes the links from the nfo as well as @sevi already pointed out.)

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2014-01-09

I've found the trailer URLs disappearing on a mass update also, though I do not yet understand why... i'll be looking into it.

In the mean time I strongly suggest everyone to update to the latest official release v0.7a12, which fixes TMDB images not being downloaded correctly, besides other misc fixes.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Tiny Clanger - 2014-01-09

I'm getting timeouts attempting to download discart from fanart.tv. I can load the art in question (image 3 for Clerks II, if it matters) in about 3-4 seconds in the browser, but even with the TimeOut preference set to 120s, I get a timeout error.

If I then hit OK, I get a message saying "I do not have permission to write to 'Clerks II (2006)'.", despite the fact that my account has permission to write to that folder and I can create files in there with no problems.

The folder in question is mounted over AFP from a Drobo FS at /mnt/media1 — it's writing fine to movie folders stored on a local disk mounted at /Volumes/Macintosh HD. Is it trying to download the file to a temp location on the Drobo FS that it can't write to, perhaps?

This is with version 0.7alpha12i (the c version has the same problem) on OS X 10.8.5.

Console.log output — doesn't look particularly illuminating, mind: http://pastebin.com/SVSrbST9

Thanks

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2014-01-10

(2014-01-04, 18:23)garysday Wrote: One Q, when selecting download poster / fanart is there any way to restrict the number of items that comes back, some movies have 50+ images and a lot of them are foreign variations etc, In reality i would like to be able to download say only the first dozen instead of all of them.

Well, in Preferences > Extras, you can set the number of extra fanarts (backdrops), thumbs, and actor thumbs to download.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - theowiesengrund - 2014-01-11

Am i the only one with problems with TV show scraping? Half of the metadata is not shown - for every TV show. No NFO is generated for any episode (yes, the folder structure is correct - it worked before).

No clue.

Using version v0.7a12

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - jeccles - 2014-01-11

(2014-01-11, 05:31)theowiesengrund Wrote: Am i the only one with problems with TV show scraping? Half of the metadata is not shown - for every TV show. No NFO is generated for any episode (yes, the folder structure is correct - it worked before).

No clue.

Using version v0.7a12

I'm having similar problems: even though I downloaded all the artwork for a movie it won't show up in XBMC. I haven't used the artwork downloader mentioned in a previous post. I've tried removing the movie from the database, updating the data with ViMM 0.7a12c and scraping again - to no avail.

I just took a closer look at the contents of one of the directories and noticed two files:
Twelve Angry Men-fanart.jpg
Twelve Angry Men-poster.jpg
Both have a file size of 178 Byte! This is what's inside:
Code:
<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>
Now I noticed this in another movie directory as well.

After "fetching metadata" and "replace all images" it seems to work again...

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - BillyBunter - 2014-01-14

Hi Vidal, am on the current version and all is going well Big Grin

I was wondering if there was any way that Vimm can 'remember' each of my TV shows? Because every time I update a show with the latest episode I constantly have to choose which TV show is the correct one.

I am currently 'right-clicking' the TV show, selecting 'Fetch Metadata' then 'Download Missing Images Only' followed by selecting the correct TV show, then back onto 'Download Missing Images Only' once again.

I think perhaps 90% of my TV shows have multiple hits when it comes to select the actual show - it can get fairly annoying Confused unless I am missing something? Big Grin

BB

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2014-01-14

You might be missing something.

• To update a tv show using existing metadata, press the 'Update metadata' button in the toolbar and choose 'Selection'.
• To update a tv show using existing metadata through right-clicking an item in the list, scroll down to 'Update' and choose 'Selection'.

• To update just the episodes metadata of a selected tv show, press the 'Update metadata' button the toolbar, and choose 'Episodes'.
• To update just the episodes metadata of a selected tv show through right-clicking an item in the list, scroll down to 'Update and choose 'Episodes'.

• And my personal favourite, to update just the episode information of files that don't have pre-existing downloaded metadata of all tv shows at once, select the 'Update Metadata' button in the toolbar and choose 'New Episodes'.

This last option not only goes through all the tv shows to find episodes without metadata, but can also optionally be set up to search through an chosen 'TV episodes downloads' folder to try and match episode files with tv shows you've got set up through ViMM, moves them to the correct location and downloads new information for them, all in one action.

To set up the TV episode downloads folder, go into 'Preferences' > "TV Shows", selection the bottom option to choose the 'Completed Downloads' folder.
Make sure that the only video files inside this folder are TV episodes, otherwise it might try to move a movie as it would an episode.

Hope this helps. Wink

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - BillyBunter - 2014-01-16

Hah! that did the trick Big Grin What a difference that has made Cool

Thanks!

BB

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - ammace - 2014-01-17

ViMM keeps freezing while updating my movie library, causing me to force quit it. Then I have to completely remove it, redownload it, and then scan all my stuff again.

Here's a screenshot of it freezing: Image

My tv shows work great, and I can update new episodes without a problem. But almost every time I try to get my movies on, or update for new ones, this happens. I have almost 1500 movies too, if that could be the problem.
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2014-01-17

Try using the 'intel' version from this link:
http://mariusth.heliohost.org/vimediamanager/files/vimediamanager_v0.7a12i.dmg

This should at least make the blank dialog more useful.
If it says that it's a 'JSON' problem, you might have to turn off 'RottenTomatoes' support through 'Preferences' > 'Services' > 'RottenTomatoes',

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - sevi - 2014-01-20

Hey - having some issues opening the application - it just doesn't open...any ideas? Thx

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2014-01-20

Just give it a few minutes, sometimes it takes long to read the cache, try a re-start, throw away the cached images at "/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Application Support/ViMediaManager/Cache/" or re-set ViMM using the instructions in the first post of this thread.

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - herbie70 - 2014-01-21

Hi
Pls go easy on me- new user diving in deep to the world of XBMC!
I'm wondering if now that ViMediaManager has re-arranged my movie folder and created proper folder names, all of which are located inside the folders I created initially for each movie, Can I drag the newly created folders back to the top level of my movies folder?
Thanks!

RE: ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2014-01-21

I suppose you could, either way you can always give it a try and see what happens. ;-)