Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

- MariusTh86 - 2011-09-27

Get ready for the first non-beta release: v0.5!

I made some pretty big changes under the hood, such as genuine sparkle support, but more importantly, I've started using the default "com.identifier.appname.plist" format for Mac Apps.
This however means that all preferences will be reset.

v0.5 - 27/09/2011
-----------------
* [New] Added cleaning tool which cleans images and NFO files.
* [New] Now using the genuine Sparkle framework for software updates.
* [Dif] Use lowercase filenames for compatibility purposes.
* [Dif] Changed the way folder paths are stored so that I might save this to a database in the future.
* [Dif] Moved the preferences from XML to the more usual PLIST format using sparkle setdefaults.
* [Fix] Fixed mass renaming, and probably even optimized it's performance.

- demosthien - 2011-09-28

Woohoo!! First non-beta version... Crack open a bottle of bubbly.

- MariusTh86 - 2011-09-28

Yay! go ViMM!
Mind you, I changed some pretty heavy things around, so it might just crack open at the seams, but for a 0.5 release, I think it's pretty solid. ^^

I've been playing with it for an hour or so and it's stable thus far. No crashes, no warnings pop-ups, no lock-ups and no slow downs.

It seemed a little quicker in initially scanning the files than previously (even with existing NFO/images).

The update fixed the Summary word-wrapping issue I was having so it was likely to be a preferences issue as you suggested.

In the "Manual Search" option I don't seem to have a cursor in the search box, I can type but the cursor doesn't blink.

I haven't tried out the clean NFO/images option yet (not feeling like doing an entire rebuild right now) and thinking on that tool... If I just want to get rid of the NFO files I'd need to dump everything and start over from scratch (including the whole download images process which might be a problem for people on limited or pay/MB accounts). Perhaps a pop-up with check-boxes asking what needs cleaning out (NFO/Poster/Fanart/Banner/Logo/Trailer/etc) could make it a bit more targeted and save dumping everything in one go if it's not actually needed?

Is there a reason ViMM doesn't automatically download the first option amongst the additional images (ClearArt/Logo/TVThumb) like it does with Poster/Fanart/Banner? If not then a preference option allowing auto download with all the rest could be worthwhile? I think a preference option is better than forced acceptance on this one. In my case I like to have (at minimum) the Logo as my XBMC Skin/Library combo uses it so I have to go and manually download that one thing for every single TV Show... It takes a looooooooong time.

But first... Go and have a break, buy yourself a drink for a job well done.

Thanks. :-)

- pecinko - 2011-09-28

MariusTh86 Wrote:Get ready for the first non-beta release: v0.5!

* [Dif] Changed the way folder paths are stored so that I might save this to a database in the

Fantastic!

..and let us know when you move those data to DB, so we can ask for transcoding and airplay implementations Wink

If you choose the clean button or the clean option from the "Tools" menu, it already first shows a popup before proceeding with checkboxes of all the relevant media files. Wink
Though I forgot about trailer cleaning.

The reason why it's not downloading cleararts, thumbs, logos and such, is because those are from http://www.fanart.tv while the rest is from thetvdb.com.
I think I can get it to add an extra step to download the first most favored picture from fanart.tv if available.
If I can add it, options to autodownload them will be added to the preferences much as 'poster', 'fanart' and 'banner' are already there.

And I'll think I will have a sort of break, at least from the fast paced releases, so that I may do some research for new features for future releases. ^^

- Macsorzist - 2011-09-28

Sad but true, all prior versions ran well on Mac os x 10.4.11 but the new release won´t.

The window shows up then it unexpectly quits. Starting in Debug Mode is the same.
Same happens on 10.5.8

Will try it on 10.6 when i come home.

Macsorzist Wrote:Sad but true, all prior versions ran well on Mac os x 10.4.11 but the new release won´t.

The window shows up then it unexpectly quits. Starting in Debug Mode is the same.
Same happens on 10.5.8

Will try it on 10.6 when i come home.

This might be because of the addition of sparkle, I don't have access to systems prior of 10.6.x so I can't test what might be going wrong exactly.
Keep me updated.

I´ll keep you updated.

Enjoy your break.

If you think about new features, please don´t forget the most needed:

• Grid View
• Sets !!! (Would be a killer feature cause no other program does it on mac)
• some kind of Exportinglists

;-)
Just a reminder

and GOOD JOB. This Program rocks...

- billywanzi - 2011-09-28

@MariusTh86 Puik werk, kerel! Tijd voor een break en ijskoude gele rakker ;-)

Zal ik doen Billywanzi Wink

And those'll be some of the main features i'll be picking an interest in for the next releases Wink

MariusTh86 Wrote:If you choose the clean button or the clean option from the "Tools" menu, it already first shows a popup before proceeding with checkboxes of all the relevant media files. Wink
Though I forgot about trailer cleaning.

The reason why it's not downloading cleararts, thumbs, logos and such, is because those are from http://www.fanart.tv while the rest is from thetvdb.com.
I think I can get it to add an extra step to download the first most favored picture from fanart.tv if available.
If I can add it, options to autodownload them will be added to the preferences much as 'poster', 'fanart' and 'banner' are already there.

And I'll think I will have a sort of break, at least from the fast paced releases, so that I may do some research for new features for future releases. ^^

Legendary!!

I didn't want to test the clean-up option out myself but it looks like you're a step ahead of us already.

demosthien Wrote:Legendary!!

I didn't want to test the clean-up option out myself but it looks like you're a step ahead of us already.

Thank you, I try to stay ahead. Wink
And with every file modification, I'll always give a popup to ask users weather or not they are sure if they want to proceed. ^^

- PrimaryMaster - 2011-09-28

First thing first...
LOVE this app..

Now to some thing i like to see...
I like to see what thing my movies a missing... like inte Ember (windows)

Is this app using xbmc Scrapers? I like to scrap my movies using the swedish "Filmdelta" scraper...

I have one problem..
I get this error sometimes when i scrape a movie...
Error 503: service Unavailable
Please try later

and the everything freezes and i have to kill the app...

Error 503: service Unavailable

Is a website problem with imdb, means the site is busy and don´t responds. Have that a lot to.