Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

- MariusTh86 - 2011-11-23

The thing is, I can't make out the difference for rars, like in the following situation:

- MovieTitle (1990)
- - MovieFile.r01
- - MovieFile.r02
- - MovieFile.rar
- - Subs
- - - Subs.rar

In the above case it would add both the moviefile and the subs folder to the list in 0.6.
Then I could add the '.r01' to the list of detection, since subs would usually be in a single rar, but what if a movie is also in a single rar? or people have saved extra content or images in a multi rar file?

A video file is always a video, but a rar can have just about anything inside.

- pecinko - 2011-11-23

MariusTh86 Wrote:The thing is, I can't make out the difference for rars, like in the following situation:

- MovieTitle (1990)
- - MovieFile.r01
- - MovieFile.r02
- - MovieFile.rar
- - Subs
- - - Subs.rar

In the above case it would add both the moviefile and the subs folder to the list in 0.6.
Then I could add the '.r01' to the list of detection, since subs would usually be in a single rar, but what if a movie is also in a single rar? or people have saved extra content or images in a multi rar file?

A video file is always a video, but a rar can have just about anything inside.

Sure, but you might add only RAR, as extension. In this case it would just ignore r01 etc. Subtitles are mostly in RARs itself or as a separate file with appropriate extension.

User would need to except this convention and make sure that folders are tidy. This should not be a big problem as those are all advanced users.

Just a thought.

- MariusTh86 - 2011-11-24

Another sneak peak:

New movie list and thumbnail viewer in action!

Movie Sets? - preproman - 2011-11-24

Are you still working on the Movie sets? If so here are some things to aviod and try to incoorperate at the same time.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110453

- MariusTh86 - 2011-11-24

I'm gonna make sure that movie sets are in the next release. Wink

- pecinko - 2011-11-24

MariusTh86 Wrote:Another sneak peak:

New movie list and thumbnail viewer in action!

Very nice!

I hope thumbnail view will make it as a movie list alternative some day.

- mybrain87 - 2011-11-26

Would it be possible for you to create an option to only update the ratings from imdb?

It seems vimediamanager took some ratings from themoviedb and some from imdb and I'd like to avoid going through nearly 700 Movies again.

Also I'd like to be able to update my ratings from time to time.

Another thing is I am not able to scrape new TV Shows, it just hangs there saying "Banner Image", on TV Show which already have some kind of Information this does not happen.

- MariusTh86 - 2011-11-26

I had been thinking of adding something like that, but I thought, what if people would set their own ratings?
I'll have a second look at it.

Odd, for now you might try to disable auto downloading of the banner image and possibly other image and see if it works then, let me know if that helps it to at least download the information.

- mybrain87 - 2011-11-26

MariusTh86 Wrote:I had been thinking of adding something like that, but I thought, what if people would set their own ratings?

Odd, for now you might try to disable auto downloading of the banner image and possibly other image and see if it works then, let me know if that helps it to at least download the information.

Maybe you could make the ratings thing optional, so that people who use their own ratings don't have to use it but others could.

Disabling the download of all images lets it apparently complete the scrape, but nothing shows up and no files are generated in the folder. Only happening on new shows without prior info and image files.

- Macsorzist - 2011-11-26

I´m dying if i look at the sneak previews. Looks GREAT!

- mybrain87 - 2011-11-26

Just fyi I resolved my problem with the new tv shows. It seems to have been a permission problem. I changed permissions and now it works.

- Jm32 - 2011-11-26

If you could add the ability to type url's for the trailers instead of physical files would be great, for example:

<trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=PsD0NpFSADM</trailer>

- MariusTh86 - 2011-11-26

In the next version you can at least type in youtube URL's and download the video from that URL

- tuckbodi - 2011-11-27

MariusTh86 Wrote:I had been thinking of adding something like that, but I thought, what if people would set their own ratings?

@MariusTh86 - if you do look at allowing the updating of the IMDB rating, can you also look at adding in and allowing updating of the IMDB Top 250 ranking as well? Doesn't change too much but can change.

Big Alaska showed this at one time and I keep hoping other skins will display it as well because a smart playlist can be setup to filter them.

- JustinAiken - 2011-11-27

Transparency! does as well... love having a complete top250 playlist Smile