Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-09

I think the problem might be in the .nfo file, but it's hard to be sure.

To check weather a .nfo file is valid, I run the file through a little test that tries to see if the first 5 characters of the file are "<?xml" which would make the .nfo file a valid XML file.

However, when scanning in your .nfo file, it seems to come up with some sort of invisible character right in front of the "<?xml" bit, rendering the test invalid, and stops without reading the rest of the information.

For now I've uploaded a build that is a little more relaxed, and scans the first 10 characters for "<?xml", so it should read your .nfo files:
ViMediaManager

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - houdini5923 - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-07, 04:27)earlgrei Wrote: EDIT: Some how totally missed the previous few posts. Sorry for the duplicate.

Just curious if anyone can tell me why I cannot switch to the TV Shows tab in the latest Alpha build. 0.6a3

Thanks,
EarlGrei
XBMC - Eden PVR

I have the same problem. It seems like only the Movies section works. TV Shows is permanently disabled?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-10

I've just added the information to the front page, the Alpha's TV Section and Anime section have not yet been build.
For now you can use ViMM 0.5.4 for those sections.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Aros - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-09, 22:35)MariusTh86 Wrote: I think the problem might be in the .nfo file, but it's hard to be sure.

To check weather a .nfo file is valid, I run the file through a little test that tries to see if the first 5 characters of the file are "<?xml" which would make the .nfo file a valid XML file.

However, when scanning in your .nfo file, it seems to come up with some sort of invisible character right in front of the "<?xml" bit, rendering the test invalid, and stops without reading the rest of the information.

For now I've uploaded a build that is a little more relaxed, and scans the first 10 characters for "<?xml", so it should read your .nfo files:
ViMediaManager

Well, it seems to work just fine. Thanks!

Two questions:

1. Could you explain the grey and the blue icon in the list? What's the difference?

2. The text margin on the right hand side seems to end where the window ends, I have placed an example in my Dropbox ("We Own the Night"):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ft08th1oz0cfbg7/URd0i_Mrjm

Perhaps you could move the margin a bit so that the whole text block is visible? Thanks!

If you need help with Swedish translation, let me know.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-10

1. Grey means 'No valid NFO file found', blue means 'Valid NFO file found".

2. The real margin is actually around when you specified, but the 0.5.4 version messes it up every now and then, if resizing the window and restarting the app doesn't help, throwing away the App's preferences is usually a sure thing.
The preferences are found at ~/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager.plist

Thanks! i'll be needing translators later, around when I bring out the 0.9b i'll give out the english/dutch texts and an app that'll list them all to translate them. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - cbr600ds2 - 2012-08-12

MariusTh86 - I change them to the english version using VIMM and save them and the folders show the right picture but when XBMC pulls it up it pulls up the non-english version and doesn't use the file that VIMM saved in the folder...

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-12

Unfortunately, XBMC won't automatically refresh when new images are downloaded.
Since it already picked up the foreign posters, you have to manually refresh the affected movies through the information menu, and choose to use local information.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - ataraxis - 2012-08-13

Hi Marius,

thanks for your tool, I am new to XBMC and ViMediaManager helps me a lot.
I do have a few suggestions, though Smile
Some of my movies have two parts and XBMC itself supports filestacking.
I use ViMediaManager to rename my movies and that really cleans up a lot Smile
Unfortunately movies with more than one file do not get renamed correctly, since only one file is renamed.
How hard would that be to change?

When I add new movies, it would also be great to rename only a single one. Currently my workaround is to put new movies in a new folder, rename them and put them to the place, where they belong.

Besides that I am very happy with it Smile

Thanks,
Ataraxis

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-13

Heyaloa Ataraxis, welcome to the wonderful world of XBMC! Wink

The 'stable' 0.5 version does not include proper support for this, but I believe that I've already made some changes to support this in alpha version 0.6a3, if not, then it should be out in the next release. ^^
But just to be sure, what are the 'part' names? ( '<movie>.part#.avi' / '<movie>.cd#.avi' )

Technically it shouldn't be a problem to always rename them all at once if you're doing this from the get-go, since it should pretty much leave alone any already correctly named files, but I'm going to be adding it in soon through the right-click menu and the action bar menu at the bottom of the list.

Enjoy your stay here, and let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. ^^

P.S. Thank you for the donation! Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome Smile
I am using 0.6a3 and I am currently using '<movie>.part#.avi'

I do get a grey movie icon, so it can't match the <movie>.nfo to the movie files.
I had a short look at the source and found some code doing that, but I am new to RealBasic or whatever you use, so it will take me a while Smile

But I am looking forward to your next version.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-08-13

I'm assuming you already have priorly created .nfo files that were made by another program? and it doesn't recognize them? if that is so, could you send me one as an example?

ViMediaManager is actually build using REALStudio, the "Sparkle.Framework" is just for automatic updating. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - terrier2006 - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-09, 20:40)MariusTh86 Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 20:24)cbr600ds2 Wrote: Not...it's a cover of the DVD's. Mine likes to pull the non-english ones on certain movies. I don't know why.

That would be because people are uploading non-english covers to TMDB, and ViMM downloads the first one in the list.
Unfortunately I can't filter cover links on language, at best I could pick a 'random' link from the list. xD

Has there been any further thought on this. I just scanned my movies 627 of them and a large portion had non english posters. Its not so bad on some to correct as they only have a few posters but some movies have 40+ posters and ViMM downloads all of them so you can choose one you want to use.

Is this more of an issue with TheMovieDB do they need to add a way of indicating the poster language. If so Ill raise the issue in their forums.

Unfortunately, through the MovieDB's current 2.1 API, there's no way to know which language a poster image has, it would be nice if they added a property 'lang="en"' or something of the like.

What would also be nice is, if they would be able to sort their images by most liked/favorited, so that the most popular images would always be on the top of the list, much like fanart.tv does.

When manually choosing an image, it'll only download thumbnails to save on time, but with 40+ images, it might still take a while.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - terrier2006 - 2012-08-13

(2012-08-13, 16:45)MariusTh86 Wrote: Unfortunately, through the MovieDB's current 2.1 API, there's no way to know which language a poster image has, it would be nice if they added a property 'lang="en"' or something of the like.

What would also be nice is, if they would be able to sort their images by most liked/favorited, so that the most popular images would always be on the top of the list, much like fanart.tv does.

When manually choosing an image, it'll only download thumbnails to save on time, but with 40+ images, it might still take a while.

Ill head over to the MovieDB and see what I can find out over there. I take it if something like that was implemented by the MovieDB it could be added to ViMM?

About the stacking, I think I found my mistake:

I expected something like this:
- <movie> (folder)
-- <movie>.nfo
-- <movie>.jpg
-- <movie>.part1.avi
-- <movie>.part2.avi

But it seems, it works like this:
- <movie> (folder)
-- <movie>.part1.nfo
-- <movie>.part1.jpg