Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

- Broiler - 2011-09-14

MariusTh86 Wrote:Oops, that should be file name instead of folder name, my bad.
In b5, which i'll release in a bit, it should use file names.nfo instead, which i believe was also acceptable, let me know if it works.

Yeah according to the wiki it should be (Probably without folder name lookup).

I'll try to rename all nfo files to movie.nfo just for now to see if that works better, then I'll redo everything next beta. (Small movie archive) Smile

- MariusTh86 - 2011-09-14

New beta (5) released Wink

Added an option to disable reading NFO files when adding folders to the sidebar. this should speed up adding items to the sidebar list, and maybe prevent a few crashes on slower network drives.

You can find this option in General Preferences as 'Show status in list'

- pecinko - 2011-09-14

MariusTh86 Wrote:And auto search and add metadata? might turn up with some wrong results though, but interesting idea. I'll write it up.

Yes. Wrong results you would still need to edit manually, but if you have more or less correct folder names, most of the work would be done by ViMM.

- pecinko - 2011-09-14

MariusTh86 Wrote:New beta (5) released Wink

Added an option to disable reading NFO files when adding folders to the sidebar. this should speed up adding items to the sidebar list, and maybe prevent a few crashes on slower network drives.

I would consider this to be default behavior, maybe there's no need to make it an option.

First add all folders and afterwards begin processing of folder contents - jpgs and parsing nfos afterwards.

Of course, I'm not a programmer.

pecinko Wrote:I would consider this to be default behavior, maybe there's no need to make it an option.

First add all folders and afterwards begin processing of folder contents - jpgs and parsing nfos afterwards.

Of course, I'm not a programmer.

Actually, that's pretty interesting thinking that might save some excessive disk accessing, I'll try it out.

- Broiler - 2011-09-14

Guess you already know this but thought I would share that the download for b5 doesn't work, either from the application or the link in the first post.

Btw, [a little OT] pecinko, do you have any tool for managing music on mac to recommend?

Odd, I don't have any problems using the download link in the first post, try downloading them from here:
https://github.com/vidalvanbergen/ViMediaManager/downloads

As for music managers on Mac, I myself prefer iTunes. Wink

- Broiler - 2011-09-14

MariusTh86 Wrote:Odd, I don't have any problems using the download link in the first post, try downloading them from here:
https://github.com/vidalvanbergen/ViMediaManager/downloads

As for music managers on Mac, I myself prefer iTunes. Wink

The file is <1Kb, which is the reason I cant open it either.

Lol forgot about that obvious one Smile

Broiler Wrote:The file is <1Kb, which is the reason I cant open it either.

Lol forgot about that obvious one Smile

Oops yeah.... that wouldn't work... ^^;
I've uploaded a new one, please try again. Wink

- SpoBo - 2011-09-14

Downloaded b6.

Still some issues here Smile

1) When I do a manual lookup I notice it leaves "()" when it sanitizes the directories. Sample:

"(500) Days of Summer (2009) (720p)" manual lookup -> "(500) Days Of Summer (2009) ()". When I search there it doesn't find anything. When I remove the brackets like so: "(500) Days Of Summer (2009)" it finds the movie. So could you please strip "()" in the end when sanitizing? Thx!!

2) Not all my 'video-format tags' for lack of a better word are recognized. So they are left when sanitizing which causes the movie not getting automatically recognized:
DVD-Rip (leaves only the -Rip)
BR-Rip
BD-Rip

SpoBo Wrote:Downloaded b6.

Still some issues here Smile

1) When I do a manual lookup I notice it leaves "()" when it sanitizes the directories. Sample:

"(500) Days of Summer (2009) (720p)" manual lookup -> "(500) Days Of Summer (2009) ()". When I search there it doesn't find anything. When I remove the brackets like so: "(500) Days Of Summer (2009)" it finds the movie. So could you please strip "()" in the end when sanitizing? Thx!!

2) Not all my 'video-format tags' for lack of a better word are recognized. So they are left when sanitizing which causes the movie not getting automatically recognized:
DVD-Rip (leaves only the -Rip)
BR-Rip
BD-Rip

Noted! I'll make sure to fix it in the next beta Wink

- i814u2 - 2011-09-15

MariusTh86 Wrote:You can try sending me the NFO files of the movies that are most likely the cause of this so that I may be able to see what's going wrong there.

ViMM searches for any file ending on '.nfo', so maybe it's getting confused if it finds more then one such file.
If there's more then one such file in the directory, make sure that only the XBMC used <movie>.nfo is in there, and any other 'plain text' nfo files that come with some groups might have to be renamed to just .txt files.

Otherwise, you can try to temporarily rename the .nfo files to .txt, and try again. I think I didn't make ViMM try to read those so it'll start from scratch with that movie without overwriting your existing file.

Alright, good suggestions. It must have been too late for me or something because I didn't even think of renaming.
Anyway, testing the one folder turned out to be a big success. I did some testing back and forth and I can duplicate it each time.

In the <plot> tag, there is an <a> tag (specifically this: <a href=/title/tt0250875/>Kaun Banega Crorepati?</a> ). If I remove that tag, it loads fine. If I put it back in, it crashes.

If needed, I can send the actual NFO still, but I'm assuming that's enough information. Let me know.

- mastermischke - 2011-09-15

The "app" works nicely!

The only thing that I'm missing right now is the fact that I can't see if the program successfully identified all of the TV SHOW episodes. I can't see if all seasons and/or all episodes are correctly identified - or am I missing something? Smile

- MariusTh86 - 2011-09-15

mastermischke Wrote:The "app" works nicely!

The only thing that I'm missing right now is the fact that I can't see if the program successfully identified all of the TV SHOW episodes. I can't see if all seasons and/or all episodes are correctly identified - or am I missing something? Smile

You're not missing something, my app doesn't show episodes yet, and technically it doesn't identify episodes themselves yet, instead it loads a guide URL when you fetch a tvshow's data that tells XBMC where to get tv show data.
I'm planning to add episode support in a future release, as soon as I figure out how to do it. Wink

- MariusTh86 - 2011-09-15

i814u2 Wrote:Alright, good suggestions. It must have been too late for me or something because I didn't even think of renaming.
Anyway, testing the one folder turned out to be a big success. I did some testing back and forth and I can duplicate it each time.

In the <plot> tag, there is an <a> tag (specifically this: <a href=/title/tt0250875/>Kaun Banega Crorepati?</a> ). If I remove that tag, it loads fine. If I put it back in, it crashes.

If needed, I can send the actual NFO still, but I'm assuming that's enough information. Let me know.

Thank you for your thorough testing, I'll have a look at it as soon as possible!

Edit:
Maybe you can tell me the show/movie name that uses this tag?