Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - movingdecimals - 2012-10-19

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for vimm. It is extremely helpful. I am looking forward to the new version with tv support (especially show renaming).

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-19

Thank you for your comment! i'll do my best to make ViMM as good as possible. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - zepo - 2012-10-19

Hi
Fine work. I like this app but it looks like ViMM is messing up the subtitle info when it is writing the .nfo

It reads the subtitle info just fine when it reads the nfo's that xbmc wrote and the subtitle icon in the list is activated.
Then when I edit something and ViMM writes a new nfo the subtitle info breaks and the subtitle icon get de-activated.
The relevant part looks like this:

<audio>
<codec>mp3</codec>
<channels>2</channels>
<language>eng</language>
</audio>
<subtitle/>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>
</movie>

It is only writing this tag "<subtitle/>" for subtitles. If there are more than one subtitle in the file it will add as many <subtitle/> tags as there are subtitles but no start tag and no language.
With external subs it seems like it not recognize it at all.

Is this a bug or is it just not working yet or is me doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me if sub.info is put correct into their nfo's?

I am using version v0.6α6

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-19

You're right! it's a fault of mine where it would actually not read the proper part of the subtitle information, so it would write nothing back to the NFO file.

It'll be fixed in the next release, thank you for noticing!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-10-24

Hi Marius.

I know you are really busy, but i have to ask this. The last Alpha Release is nearly a month old. When can we expect the next one. I ask you especially for us germans because the german Umlaut problem is a big mess.

Nevertheless - Someday viMM will be better then Ember.

Greetz
Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-24

Hi Efty,

I've been on the edge of release for a little while now, I've just been trying to make sure there are no big bugs left, and then I stumble on a new feature I just HAVE to add before the next release, which needs work and further making sure that everything runs smoothly.
The most recent one would be direct IMDb scraping support! which disables the need for using the unofficial IMDB API and the Top250 API, the latter of which especially is the cause for some headaches for users.
I've almost got it running smoothly now, so hopefully a new release should be available shortly... If I don't get sidetracked by another big fun new feature. ^^;

So hopefully, you'll only have to be patient for a little bit longer, and then you'll all be in for a really great update!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - efty.edge - 2012-10-24

Hi Marius.

Great to hear ... Thanx for that.

But 5 Min. ago i noticed an Error equal to the Umlaut problem.
I rescraped my Library and with the movie labled 'Alien³' i have the same behavior as with ä,ö,ü,ß. Maybe the special character ³ is the troublemaker.

So, enough for now and i won't disturb you until the next release!!!

Greetings
Efty

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-24

Well, it works correctly for me (I copied the text from yours), so i'm guessing that I fixed that one as well, thanks for letting me know so I could try it to be sure. Wink

Feel free to disturb when an urgent bug arrises! ^^

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - joelfernandes - 2012-10-28

I've been getting this window when adding a particular movie (Management). Tried with others and everything is going well:

Version 0.6a6

Thanks Smile

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-28

It might be getting stuck on a invalid character.
Good news is, while i also got the error while trying out 0.6a6, I didn't get the error in the latest builds of ViMM, so it's likely that I already fixed the problem. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - joelfernandes - 2012-10-28

Awesome! Smile Can't wait for the next release Smile

Any ETA for that?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-10-28

I can't say anything for certain, but I hope within a week.
of course, I also hoped that last week. ^^;

ahahah! Well, it's more than welcome as soon as possible Wink

Thanks mate

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - mallabarius - 2012-11-04

Hello ....
Is there any way to import into xbmc, or have I misunderstood everything?
Viamediamanager makes .Nfo and all information from imdb.

Should say that I come from Boxee Box, so I'm not used to doing it this way. Attempted first to let xbmc do this, but it did not. I only get some cover with images from the movie. Huh

Can someone be so kind and help me?

I use xbmc Eden with Aeon MQ4 skin.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2012-11-04

Heyaloa Mallabarius, and welcome to the wonderful world of XBMC! Wink

To get you started, you can find a quick start guide here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_Quick_Start_Guide

And information about how to add video's to XBMC here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adding_videos_to_the_library#Adding_videos_to_the_library

In short, go to the "Videos" menu, open up it's sub-menu (Usually using the arrow keys) and select "Files".
From there you can choose the option to 'Add Videos...' and browse for a video path, such as your movies folder.
Once you've done that, and pressed 'OK', you come into a media type selection screen. next to the sentence "This directory contains", select movies or tv shows, whichever you've got in that directory, select a scraper and the options & settings that are right for you and press 'OK' again.

It should now start adding your video's to XBMC, if the 'movies' or 'tv shows' menu still doesn't show up after scanning has finished, go into the settings - <Skin> options, find the section where you can hide/show certain menu's and make sure that 'movies' and/or 'tv shows' is selected to be shown.

I hope that helps. ^^