Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-10, 20:31)MariusTh86 Wrote: @Glorious1: It all depends on the skin you use, the default XBMC skin supports posters, banners (TV), fanart & ExtraFanart, other skins offer support for other images to be displayed in their layouts.

Right, and the skin I'm using does support disc art, but the system seems to be set up for disc art it downloads or processes itself (via the Art Downloader add-on). It won't recognize it unless Art Downloader processes it in some way; I really have no idea what it does. I set it to Use Local Art and only "download" disc art, then run it. If I don't do that, XBMC/Aeon Nox seem to have no clue that the disc art is there.

It's in no way a ViMM issue, Marius, I just wondered if you knew what goes on there and whether there is a way to avoid Art Downloader in the process.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-02-12

Here's what seems to be a small bug. Using the latest nightly (Feb. 4), when I rename, ViMM seems to use the sorttitle rather than the title to rename everything.

On the subject of renaming, I have a small question/feature request. ViMM seems to only allow renaming when name elements (like movie title, year) have changed, which makes sense. But I recently changed the image naming prefs to match Frodo. It would be nice to batch rename and get all the images named consistently the new way, but it doesn't seem to allow that unless I do it for one file and change the movie name or year, do the rename, then change it back and rename again.

Would it be readily feasible to let it rename even if the name elements haven't changed?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-12

Make sure that you're using the $T token (Not the $S token) in the appropriate renaming pattern field to use the title rather then the sort title.

Doesn't the batch-rename tool also handle extra files? if you want to change a single item, right click the item and choose the 'Rename Selection' option.

You're right, somehow the folder pattern got switched to the $S token. I didn't think I did that, but it wouldn't be the first time I screwed up. ;-) Thank you.

Regarding the other issue, the batch-rename tool hasn't done anything if the file or folder names won't change. And the context menu item is greyed out in that case. I have to change the year or title to force a renaming.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-12

If the rename item is grayed out, it would most likely be because there's no NFO file available, in which case the renaming processor wouldn't know what data to use to rename your item with.
Could that be the case?

There is an NFO, but now I have found that this only happens with the "home movies" that were not scraped online. There must be something missing in the NFO that ViMM is looking for.

I noticed another odd thing about such movies - the poster doesn't show up in the list, although it shows up in the display and Edit Metadata > Images. This doesn't happen with commercial/scraped movies.

That'd probably be about the missing database ID, I use that to know wether a movie is a valid movie, and to save the 'cache' image ViMM uses to display the poster in the list.

That sounds right. I don't really care about the mini-poster in the list, but it would be nice to be able to do the renaming. It's funny, because ViMM will rename these movies and associated images if I edit the title, but it won't do it through a rename command the way it will with movies that have a database ID.

So my long-term request would be to somehow let the renaming commands work on movies without database ID's. Do you think that would be feasible?

Should be doable. ^^

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-13

Official release v0.7a1: http://goo.gl/TP2bz
Update information: http://goo.gl/NQfIe

Have fun!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-02-13

Congratulations! It looks awesome. And I can't believe you got the renaming feature in there so fast!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - gizmotoy - 2013-02-14

Working well so far! Excited about the automatic trailer download, but saw it was for the first YouTube hit only. I usually grab the 720p Apple or Yahoo trailer, so it won't work for me, but would appreciate the option to select the default download type eventually!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - yannickrose - 2013-02-15

Getting connection lost errors with Youtube.

Like giz says, i also would like to get only apple's 720p trailers only. YAMJ does not read .flv trailers and the Apple's one look nicer.

Thank's

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - einszweidrei - 2013-02-15

Nice Release dude!

But I'm not sure if you're handling some images for a series correct. According to the XBMC wiki seasons' posters have to be inside the tvshow's root folder but VMM places them in the season folder (like season 01/season01-[poster/banner].jpg)
Talking about images: Is there any way to only get the seasonXX-poster and not more like seasonXX-banner?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-02-15

Alright, working on Default Trailer download settings now, I read over the 'inside the tvshow folder' part, but that should be easily altered. (Too bad, i worked hard on getting it all inside the right folders. ;P )
Currently there's no option for selecting season art downloads.