Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - thebodster - 2013-03-01

@MariusTh86 Thanks for that, confirm problem is solved with the latest version.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - viellieb - 2013-03-01

(2013-02-24, 22:54)MariusTh86 Wrote: @villieb:
Are there any messages that show up about the crash? or is it just the spinning beach ball?
If the movie is actually on a network drive, it might be because 'deleting' a movie actually moves it to the trash, and for some reason it'll try to move the movie over the network to your local trash file, which would take some waiting time causing the spinning ball.

Hy Marius,

I get a spinning beach ball and after a few Minutes following error:

"Fehler bei der Aktualisierung!
Beim Laden der Datei trat ein Fehler auf. Bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut."

You are totally right - the movie is actually on a network drive - on my QNAP Nas to be specific.
Do you mean that deleting a movie will copy it to my local trash file - over the network onto my mac?
If so: can you somehow change that?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-01

I think I may have found a solution through Applescripting, it should be available in the next build.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - ritchiejr - 2013-03-03

Thumbs...

Hello, Anyone using the boxee settings? I've noticed that the thumbs path gives a local path (i.e. Volumes/...) where boxee is looking for a full path (i.e. smb://...) Does anyone else have problems getting posters to work? Other that that, this software is amazing!

Thanks.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - PrimaryMaster - 2013-03-03

It late and i HAVE to go to sleep... but!

Iam going to resync all of my movies this week, so iam woundering is this "new" watch thing works in XBMC
If i mark the movies i have seen in Vimedia... will this be marked watch in XBMC

I know i marked all the movies i hade seen in Vimedia a couple of months ago... and it did not work.
But now i se that Vimedia adds "playcount"..

PS. Is there a way to auto add a "Playcount" in all the movies that as <watched> in it?

Good night...

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-04

I can see you're sleep deprived by the many spelling errors. Wink

According to the wiki, you'll need to have the "importwatchedstate" flag set in "advancedsettings.xml" for XBMC to be able to import the watched state.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/movies

The advancedsettings.xml file would have to be created by the user in the XBMC 'userdata' folder.

You'll have to manually set all your watched movies as watched though.

sweet dreams! Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - PrimaryMaster - 2013-03-04

=)

But now i works, thx to " Playcount " ?

and i have to manually remark all the movies as watched again... grrr, thats about 400 movies i have to mark as " Not watched " and then back to " Watched " in ViMedia =)

its going to be a good week =)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - asharak - 2013-03-04

I am currently trying out several different media managers on both the PC and the Mac and have been impressed with ViMediaManager so far, not sure if this has been asked before but just wondering why the naming scheme for posters is different:-

Other scrapers:-

Captain America The First Avenger (2011)-poster.jpg

ViMM

Captain America - The First Avenger (2011).jpg

Also other media managers seem to use ".actors" for the actors folder yet ViMM uses "actors" any reason for the difference? Also can the amount of actors scraped be limited as for American Horror Story it scraped 156 actor images where other manager scraped just 17?

Other than the above an excellent application and definitely up there as one of the best I have used!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-04

It's been a long time since I changed that, I think I might have gotten it from the wiki at some point.
At the Frodo release at least, I believe there have been some changes for image naming, and '-poster' is acceptable too, I should probably update the settings, as currently there is no '<movie>-poster.jpg' option.

Using the '.' at the start of a folder name makes it invisible for regular users which i'll be assuming is 'most people', when downloading thumbs to your disc, I think users wouldn't mind knowing where those images ended up in case they wanted to free-up some space by removing them.
I do get the 'BIG' list when scraping for actors, don't I? With hundreds of possible actors, it might not be a bad idea to limit the number, though they'll still get downloaded and 'cached' into the Application Support folder when you select them in the metadata editor.

Thanks for the comment, I'm striving for the title of: 'The Best' media manager out there, together with the title of: 'The Most' user friendly media manager. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-03-04

@asharak
And just in case you're not aware, you can change the default naming of specific file types (such as posters) and folder in the preferences, with a lot of flexibility. I just name mine "poster.jpg" and it works fine in XBMC. But oddly, a trailer can't be named "trailer.mp4", it has to have the movie name and a hyphen in front or XBMC gets confused.

See the Movies preference pane, and also there are a few General prefs that affect naming.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SophT - 2013-03-05

Hey, this is a great app - I've found a small bug that I didn't see reported anywhere.

Frodo requires TV episode thumbnails to be appended with -thumb.jpg (i.e. Adventure Time - S04E09 - Princess Monster Wife-thumb.jpg)

If a thumb doesn't have -thumb on the file name (i.e. Adventure Time - S04E09 - Princess Monster Wife.jpg) then XBMC will NOT load the local thumb and instead try to scrape one from the web (using default scraper)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Frodo_FAQ#Local_images

Keep up the great work!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SophT - 2013-03-05

couple more bug reports:

* If you have it set to rename folders it will move contents from "Season 1" to "Season 01" but will leave the empty "Season 1" folder
* When scraping TV shows it will download season posters for seasons with no episodes (e.g. I have seasons 1-3 of a show with 6 seasons and 4-6 will download)
* Backdrops don't download for TV shows even when the checkbox is selected in settings
* Dialogue windows like Metadata and Episodes don't display correctly on a MBP Retina

Also - is it possible to scrape different season posters?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - BillyBunter - 2013-03-05

Hi there, I've just started to use ViMM and I have to say its fantastic, I am so happy that I can now use my mac instead of relying on my knackered old windows laptop just for this one task!

I am not sure if it is a bug, or just me trying to get to grips with the software - but when I try and use the 'Put Movie Files into Folders' I get an error :- ERROR:0

All my files are stored on a Drobo, and I have created a test folder for ViMM and successfully added a few films into it and the 'Folder' action worked initially, but only for the very first time.

I have tried with the v0.7α5 and the latest nightly version.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

BB

Code:
ERROR: 0

Passing non-absolute shell paths is not currently supported
Stack:

RuntimeExceptionErrorNumberGetter
RuntimeGetFolderItem
RuntimeGetFolderItem
REALbasic.GetFolderItem%o<FolderItem>%si4
ViMMCore.MassMovies2Folders%%o<Listbox>
wndMain.wndMain._ToolsMovies2Folders_Action%b%o<wndMain.wndMain>
RuntimeMenuItemLookupArray
DecodeBackslashEscapeString
_Z22_InvokeEventHandlerUPPP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueEventRefPvPFlS0_S2_S3_E
_ZL23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCallRec
_ZL30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRefP14HandlerCallRec
SendEventToEventTarget
_ZL18SendHICommandEventmPK9HICommandmmhPKvP20OpaqueEventTargetRefS5_PP14OpaqueEventRef
SendMenuCommandWithContextAndModifiers
SendMenuItemSelectedEvent
_ZL19FinishMenuSelectionP13SelectionDataP10MenuResultS2_
_ZL14MenuSelectCoreP8MenuData5PointdmPP13OpaqueMenuRefPt
MenuSelect
Delegate.Invoke%%
Application._CallFunctionWithExceptionHandling%%o<Application>p
RuntimeRun
REALbasic._RuntimeRun
_Main
% main

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-05

@SophT:
  • Gotcha! adding the '-thumb' tag to the file name.
  • It would do the same if you had the episode file in a folder named '<episodename>' or any other sub folder, I can't say what more is in the folder so I can't just throw it away, or it might, after processing episode 1, throw away the whole rest of the season of episodes.
    it's just moving any episode files it finds to 'Season ##' folders, using a leading zero for the season.
  • ViMM downloads every season image since that's easier then determining the available seasons from the episode files, especially since downloading the images doesn't happen at the same time as downloading the information for episode files, maybe i'll be able to change this in the future, but it's not technically a bug.
  • What does it do instead of downloading backdrops? does it just skip it or hang?
  • I can't fix this in the 'intel' version of the app since I have no clue about why it's messing up, for now i'd suggest downloading the 'Cocoa' version since that one handles retina just fine.
    ViMediaManager v0.7a5 Cocoa
  • What exactly do you mean with 'different' season posters?
    ViMediaManager will download the first one available from the tvdb, after that you can open the episodes manager and select a season from the list, and click on the little black triangle on the bottom right of the window to change the displayed art type and download different images.

@BillyBunger: It's probably my fault. ^^
I've been changing around the paths to the folders, and it's caused some random errors in places that I may have forgotten to change along with it.
A quick solution is probably to follow these steps:
  • Open Preferences.
  • Navigate to the movies & tv shows tabs.
  • Add a new folder to both the movies & tv shows' listbox by pressing the '+' button, or by dragging a folder onto the listbox.
  • You can now remove the folder from the listbox if you want to.
This should convert the paths that the 'put movie files into folders' function uses to the new type.
Let me know if it works. Wink

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - BillyBunter - 2013-03-05

Wow, that was quick!

Yes, I moved a random folder into ViMM, then deleted it. It now works!

First class!, donation on its way :-)

BB