Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SevenNine - 2013-03-27

(2013-03-26, 00:52)shawndavid Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 20:32)MariusTh86 Wrote: The keep the download going with the Cocoa build, just keep the cursor moving during the progress, oddly enough it seems to help.

Not much difference from what I can tell.

Running new nightly with fixes for pop-ups during mass fetch. Still getting pop-ups that are stalling the process. Mainly timeouts.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-27

Probably can't do much about the timeouts itself, but this build should allow for notifications instead of messages:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?epwlbsk3f8e64x9

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SevenNine - 2013-03-28

(2013-03-27, 13:25)MariusTh86 Wrote: Probably can't do much about the timeouts itself, but this build should allow for notifications instead of messages:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?epwlbsk3f8e64x9

tremendously better...

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SophT - 2013-03-29

couple of small issues:

1) the new "send feedback" should use sendmail instead of opening the default mail client (just my opinion)

2) selecting "update episodes" for a show that had you choose the correct show from a list when originally scraping results in "no show found" error

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - retro83 - 2013-03-29

Getting a crash trying to update a TV show using the version in post #1277 (version from post #1 works correctly). Here's the trace:

Code:
Runtime Exception: Nil Object Exception
Error: 0

ViMediaManager 0.7a5i / 2013-03-27T10:28:44

Machine Information:
Mac Model: MacBook3,1
OS Version: 10.7.5
CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7500  @ 2.20GHz

Settings:
Database Language: gb
Retina: 1
Experimental: True

Description:

Stack:
RaiseExceptionClass
RaiseNilObjectException
TVDBSckt.GetShowNFO%%o<TVDBSckt>sb
TVCore.ShowByID%%sb
TVCore.ShowSearch%%sb
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
CooperativeThread

Thanks

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - gizmotoy - 2013-03-29

I've been playing around with the Sets Manager the past few days, and it's a really neat tool. Unfortunately, it got broken somehow. The left pane, where all the movies are listed, was getting wider every time I opened it. I'd move it back to a manageable width, but the next time it opened it would be even larger. Now, it's somehow so large I can't even find where it ends. I open the window full wide on my screen, drag the right side of the window to the left side of my screen (pushing most of the window off-screen to the left), then make it full wide again. I can do this 20-30 times and still I can't find where the pane ends. The pane where the sets are listed is so far off-screen to the right I can't even get to it.

Out of curiosity and more generally, what is the sets manager doing? Is it setting a tag or something in each movie's NFO file? It looks like XBMC picks it up just fine for new movies I add as a set, but it's not grouping old movies that were already in the library that I recently grouped. Knowing how it works might help me figure out how I can get XBMC to recognize those.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-30

@SophT:
1) Until I find out the correct way of sending an email through programming, i'll be bound to sending the message to the user's email client, still, it seems to be working quite well, i'm getting in quite a few reports. ^^
2) Which show did the error occur on?

@retro83: Thanks for the trace, and to you as well, which tv show might this be happening on?

@gizmotoy: I'm afraid the sets manager never properly left the 'experimental' phase, and there was still work to be done on it. since i'm planning to do some big changes after the next release, it'll likely be worth a re-visit at that time. ;-)
For now, the window should be able to be re-set by throwing away the preferences of ViMM, not ideal by far, but it'll do the trick for a bit:
/Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.vidalvanbergen.vimediamanager-alpha.plist

What ViMM does is add a "<set>" tag to the nfo file with the name of the set within it, you will have to 're-scan' a movie it had been previously scanned before adding the set information, you should be able to do this by sleeking a movie, typing the 'i' key to bring out the informational panel, and hit the 'refresh' button.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SophT - 2013-03-30

(2013-03-30, 01:03)MariusTh86 Wrote: @SophT:
2) Which show did the error occur on?

it has happened on multiple shows - any show that required me to initially specify the exact show when I pulled in metadata cannot be right clicked and select update->episodes

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-30

Sounds odd, though the TVDB seemed to be out for a bit a second ago, it could have had something to do with that?
Think you could make a screenshot of it so I can see the exact message?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SophT - 2013-03-30

I don't think it has to do with the TVDB. Ok, here's an example the show "Planet Earth". The first time I scraped the show's metadata I was prompted with the search/select title box - as there are multiple shows with "Planet" or "Earth" in the title.

The left hand column is using the "Update Metadata" button on the toolbar -> Episodes and it works as expected.
The right hand column is using right click on title in list -> update -> Episodes button and throws an error.

This is for any title where the initial scrape did NOT match and one had to be done manually.

That just makes it stranger, since both those options go through the same path to update episodes.
Even when going through the 'manual search' window, it shouldn't make any difference.

Basically this is what should be happening when you select either option method:
you select an item from the list, loading up it's information into memory.
you select 'update episodes' one way or another, and in both cases the same function is called that will eventually lead to opening up the progress dialog that is shown in the bottom of both screenshots.
the dialog takes the TVDB ID from memory and gives it to the UpdateEpisodes function.

However in your case, the TVDB ID is not being passed on, at least that's what the message means, unfortunately I can't seem to reproduce the circumstances that may cause this, at least not in the given ways.
Usually the message should only pop up when there's no .nfo file available, or no TVDB or IMDb ID found inside the .nfo file.

I did however find that the 'Update All Episodes' had been named the same as the 'update selected episodes', but that would only have made the 'update all episodes' option work incorrectly.

Could you try using the latest build from the link below?:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?phpzas2any1i1n1

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - SophT - 2013-03-31

one more small issue (I think) ViMM downloads the actors images to a folder called "actors" but I think that XBMC wants it in a hidden folder ".actors":

07:05:11 T:4396158976 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.10.110/Multimedia/TV/Man vs. Wild/.actors

I'll try that new build now

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-31

Apparantly xbmc wants to hide the actors folder from the user, whereas I'd like the user to know exactly what my app does, and where it places everything, rather then finding themselves with a folder size that is bigger then it seems it should be to 'average' users.
I don't like hiding things behind other people's backs. ^^

The shell path within the .nfo file should help XBMC find the images. (As long as XBMC runs on the same computer as ViMM runs on)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - retro83 - 2013-03-31

(2013-03-30, 01:03)MariusTh86 Wrote:
(2013-03-29, 14:09)retro83 Wrote: Getting a crash trying to update a TV show using the version in post #1277 (version from post #1 works correctly). Here's the trace:

Code:
Runtime Exception: Nil Object Exception
Error: 0

ViMediaManager 0.7a5i / 2013-03-27T10:28:44

Machine Information:
Mac Model: MacBook3,1
OS Version: 10.7.5
CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7500  @ 2.20GHz

Settings:
Database Language: gb
Retina: 1
Experimental: True

Description:

Stack:
RaiseExceptionClass
RaiseNilObjectException
TVDBSckt.GetShowNFO%%o<TVDBSckt>sb
TVCore.ShowByID%%sb
TVCore.ShowSearch%%sb
dlgProgress.dlgProgress.thrProgress_Run%%o<dlgProgress.dlgProgress>o<Thread>
Delegate.IM_Invoke%%o<Thread>
AddHandler.Stub.0%%
threadRun
CooperativeThread

Thanks

@retro83: Thanks for the trace, and to you as well, which tv show might this be happening on?

It is Breaking Bad, seasons 1-4.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-03-31

Does it still crash in this build:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?phpzas2any1i1n1