Kodi Community Forum
OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: OS X ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! (/showthread.php?tid=109976)

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - GrinRoth - 2013-04-28

Really love your scraper. Thanks for your awesome work.
One question though, since the last update is doesn't seem the replace existing files anymore. Is this a known bug? If not, anything I can do to solve it?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-04-28

@Glorious1: You went to download the trailer through the 'extras' toolbar button if i'm right? i'm not sure if resetting ViMM will help, is there enough space on your local harddrive and the trailer's eventual destination?

@GrinRoth: If you're using the latest stable version and a NAS drive, it's a known bug, the latest nightly should fix it:
http://mediafire.com/vimediamanager

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-28, 22:47)MariusTh86 Wrote: @Glorious1: You went to download the trailer through the 'extras' toolbar button if i'm right? i'm not sure if resetting ViMM will help, is there enough space on your local harddrive and the trailer's eventual destination?
No, I was using the Metadata Editor > Trailer pane. I forgot about the Extras route. So I tried that with the Apple trailer and got a bit further before it said it was complete, but it still wasn't.

Plenty of space on the drive.

Nice interface in that Extras > Trailer window by the way! I hadn't seen that redesign yet.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-29, 15:29)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2013-04-28, 22:47)MariusTh86 Wrote: @Glorious1: You went to download the trailer through the 'extras' toolbar button if i'm right? i'm not sure if resetting ViMM will help, is there enough space on your local harddrive and the trailer's eventual destination?
No, I was using the Metadata Editor > Trailer pane. I forgot about the Extras route. So I tried that with the Apple trailer and got a bit further before it said it was complete, but it still wasn't.

Plenty of space on the drive.

Nice interface in that Extras > Trailer window by the way! I hadn't seen that redesign yet.

I think the 'extras' > 'trailer' way might actually work better then the one through the metadata editor, as such i've been playing with the idea of removing the one from the metadata editor, unless that may make it too hard to find. (Same with theme songs)

But back to your problem, unless you're using the latest nightly, you might want to try keeping the cursor moving while downloading to make sure the progress doesn't 'stall'.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - rpoenaru - 2013-04-29

(2013-04-28, 01:14)MariusTh86 Wrote: Just opening up the metadata editor doesn't get it stuck, but any action after opening it up does? how about 'tab' switching on the top?

The moment I am trying to do any action after opening the metadata editor it becomes unresponsive. It is not a specific action. Even just trying to navigate from one movie to another.

One other thing I have noticed, the Clean button does't work - noting got removed and also the remove movie function.

I was trying to clean-up everything and start from scratch.

Is there any way I can debug this issue?

Thanks a lot for the help.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-04-29

Navigating from one movie to another causes a 'write' to nfo file, cleaning needs permission to change files as well, does ViMM have the permission to write and make changes to the location? what happens when you manually delete all the files from one of the items, re-scan the list and re-fetch information for that item?

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-29, 16:06)MariusTh86 Wrote: But back to your problem, unless you're using the latest nightly, you might want to try keeping the cursor moving while downloading to make sure the progress doesn't 'stall'.

Yup, moving the mouse kept it going. Then I downloaded the latest nightly. I had to trash prefs and Application Support anyway to get that to open properly, but then it was able to download a trailer without being constantly tickled. Thanks!

By the way, if you do drop the Trailer pane of the Metadata Editor, you might consider moving some of the added functionality it has to the Extras > Trailer dialog. Namely, the buttons for deleting or playing the local trailer that is already in the folder.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-04-30

The "preview" button should handle the play functionality, at least for theme songs, but the delete button is still missing indeed.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - Glorious1 - 2013-04-30

I thought "preview" would allow you to see a trailer online before saving it.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - rpoenaru - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-29, 17:40)MariusTh86 Wrote: Navigating from one movie to another causes a 'write' to nfo file, cleaning needs permission to change files as well, does ViMM have the permission to write and make changes to the location? what happens when you manually delete all the files from one of the items, re-scan the list and re-fetch information for that item?

I tried that with no success. I am suspecting the permission issue, but I have no issues with the TV Shows, which are on the same share, different folder.
My setup is:
- Movie.Name.(Year) - Folder
- Movie.Name.(Year).mkv
- banner.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg
- movie.nfo

The Remove function doesn't work either. The folder and all files are still there.

The NAS has even the guest access enabled and I can manually go and delete the folder, rename the files, etc. I am using a SMB connection. I had some issues in the past as the OS X 10.8.X SMB client is newer than the NAS one. Also red in the blogs that the 10.8.X needs specifically the user name and password in the connection.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - rpoenaru - 2013-04-30

(2013-04-29, 17:40)MariusTh86 Wrote: Navigating from one movie to another causes a 'write' to nfo file, cleaning needs permission to change files as well, does ViMM have the permission to write and make changes to the location? what happens when you manually delete all the files from one of the items, re-scan the list and re-fetch information for that item?

Just realized, the program works fine when I add a new movie. It renames the files and folder as per the mask defined. If it doesn't have the proper permissions, will not be able to complete that either.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - MariusTh86 - 2013-05-01

Seems like you've got a pretty odd case there rpoenaru.. maybe only 'remove' doesn't work? or it's set-up like some sort of 'drop-zone' where only new files can be added to.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - rpoenaru - 2013-05-01

(2013-05-01, 00:47)MariusTh86 Wrote: Seems like you've got a pretty odd case there rpoenaru.. maybe only 'remove' doesn't work? or it's set-up like some sort of 'drop-zone' where only new files can be added to.
I will try to move the folders to a different share and see what happens. Maybe the permissions are not proper.
I will update the blog once I have more results.
Thanks a lot.

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - bsotak - 2013-05-02

I have a question about how the program is determining the size (720p or 1080p). I think it is using MediaInfo, but it doesn't look like it's calculated it correctly all of the time. I just ripped Les Miserables, and the size after I encoded with Handbrake is 1916x1038 (removing extraneous black space). However, when I import that into ViMediaManager, it shows up and renames (using the $R option) as 720p. Is there a tolerance that can be used so it doesn't have to be exactly 1920 to be picked up as 1080p? Please let me know, thanks!

RE: [MAC] ViMediaManager - Media Manager for Mac OS X! - rpoenaru - 2013-05-02

(2013-05-01, 00:47)MariusTh86 Wrote: Seems like you've got a pretty odd case there rpoenaru.. maybe only 'remove' doesn't work? or it's set-up like some sort of 'drop-zone' where only new files can be added to.

I have moved some of the movie files to an iSCSI target. I have full control over the file permission there. All files have Read & Write permission for everyone. Still the same problem. Permission is not the issue. I tried to edit the .nfo files using a different software and it worked fine in either of the locations.

IS there anywhere that ViMediaManager stores its information? Could that be corrupt?

BTW, I have cleared the Cache