Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pyrodex - 2013-02-02

So does that mean the stable releases will be pushed to clients or will we have to download them from another source?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 20:51)pyrodex Wrote: So does that mean the stable releases will be pushed to clients or will we have to download them from another source?

If the PR gets accepted and backported to Frodo (what I hope), then the update should be distributed automatically.
Except for linux users. I guess they would have to rely on the package maintainer to update the package and install the update through the distro's updating tool.
(for ubuntu this would be the xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth package)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - richardk - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-02, 21:03)cfetzer Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 20:51)pyrodex Wrote: So does that mean the stable releases will be pushed to clients or will we have to download them from another source?

If the PR gets accepted and backported to Frodo (what I hope), then the update should be distributed automatically.
Except for linux users. I guess they would have to rely on the package maintainer to update the package and install the update through the distro's updating tool.
(for ubuntu this would be the xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth package)

It would be great if this could get into OpenELEC 3.0 before the final version is released.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - simora - 2013-02-05

I'm running an arm Linux box (GBox with Pivos XBMC 12.0 Final)... what should I expect for average time to pull EPG with default of what 3 days? It takes probably 5-10 minutes to tick past first channel. This wouldn't be an issue if it didn't hold up every other PVR type function. I can't pull up recordings when it is in this state but I can watch live tv and channel surf. XBMC eventually hangs. I can pull up TV Channels menu but not recordings. Any ideas?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pgjensen - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 01:40)simora Wrote: I'm running an arm Linux box (GBox with Pivos XBMC 12.0 Final)... what should I expect for average time to pull EPG with default of what 3 days? It takes probably 5-10 minutes to tick past first channel. This wouldn't be an issue if it didn't hold up every other PVR type function. I can't pull up recordings when it is in this state but I can watch live tv and channel surf. XBMC eventually hangs. I can pull up TV Channels menu but not recordings. Any ideas?

This should be fixed in v1.6.8. Read the last 10-20 posts.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - simora - 2013-02-05

Awesome. I will check my version and make sure i'm using the latest. Thank you.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - pgjensen - 2013-02-05

(2013-02-05, 20:18)simora Wrote: Awesome. I will check my version and make sure i'm using the latest. Thank you.

v1.6.8 is unreleased. If you want to try it now you'll have to build it from source I believe. I don't think there's word yet if it will auto-update with the current Frodo version due to it having to be approved manually, but I'm sure they'll allow it.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - simora - 2013-02-06

So i built 1.6.8 from pr-v1.6.8 branch (master version wasn't bumped in the addon.xml). Try to enable it and it fails with "unknown error". Not sure if i built it properly or not.

./bootstrap
./configure --host=arm-linux --enable-addons-with-dependencies
./make zip

running 12.0 final. If you need logs i can collect them.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-02-06

I don't know how you can build the addon only on android.
It should work to follow these steps: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master/docs/README.android
But you need to inject our addon repo somehow.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - simora - 2013-02-07

I'm building for gbox arm Linux not android.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-02-07

Sorry, I just read pios and thought it must be android Wink
Well, a build log and a xbmc debug log would indeed help to see what's wrong.

Ah and btw: addon.xml has been removed from the repositories for all addons and should be autogenerated using addon.xml.in.

Build logs, debug logs and the addon that was built are all included.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmthyg8ozhu1skh/pvr.mythtv.cmyth-linux-arm.tar.gz

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - fetzerch - 2013-02-07

The zip doesn't get installed correctly. It complains that the directory /usr/lib/xbmc/addons doesn't exist.
Later it fails to load the addon:
Code:
08:04:28 T:1137906784   ERROR: Unable to load /root/.xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr, reason: /root/.xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you try extracting the zip and copying it's content to /root/.xbmc/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/ ?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - m.bluemle - 2013-02-07

hi guys!

my mythtv addon in xbmc is gone!!! i played with mythtv, had some problems and did a new install of mythtv! now mythtv runs great, but the mythtv addon is not in the addon section anymore!!!
did i delete it, by removing all packages with the name myth? i think so, but how can i install it back?
i can search after the addon in xbmc, and it will be found, but nothing happens, when i hit the install button!
can i install it in the terminalHuh

thanks for your help!!!

@cfetzer

Same thing man. same error. I saw the error before I posted the logs and checked the folder. Same thing man. Same error about no such file or directory. I unzipped and put all the files in... same thing.

XBMC 12.0 Git: 20130202-853a0b5 if that helps at all.

Again its a GBox (Amlogic Cortex-A9) arm Linux box. And I posted everything about the build. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.