Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

- stevellion - 2011-10-23

tsp42 Wrote:I guess you will have to test mainline first and see if it is an issue that have been fixed after the last merge of mainline into XBMC PVR.

Seems like it's being corroborated in Mainline too - now I posted it...

Live TV / MythTV / XBMC - Weatherman - 2011-10-23

ericminou Wrote:I had the same problem and I think I know the solution (I have a very similar setup). Do you have you channels named 12_1, 12_2, etc... in mythtv backend?

Mine are listed like "3 GOLF" and "4 MASN" in the channel editor in MythBuntu's backend setup.

I was wondering if it had something to due with the HDHomerun Prime's use of "virtual channels".

None of the PVR build I have tested display Live TV under that menu option on my setup - however, using the myth:// (MythTV Client) option in XBMC, all the channels work and display fine.

- Mark

- ericminou - 2011-10-23

Weatherman Wrote:Mine are listed like "3 GOLF" and "4 MASN" in the channel editor in MythBuntu's backend setup.

I was wondering if it had something to due with the HDHomerun Prime's use of "virtual channels".

None of the PVR build I have tested display Live TV under that menu option on my setup - however, using the myth:// (MythTV Client) option in XBMC, all the channels work and display fine.

- Mark

All the symptoms seem identical to mines. Just open mythtv-setup on the back end and make sure the channel number is a digit (like 2 or 3, 5, etc...). Name itself doesnt matter. Then try to watch that channel. If that works rename that for all the channels. It did the trick for me.

XBMC / MythTV / PVR - Weatherman - 2011-10-23

ericminou Wrote:All the symptoms seem identical to mines. Just open mythtv-setup on the back end and make sure the channel number is a digit (like 2 or 3, 5, etc...). Name itself doesnt matter. Then try to watch that channel. If that works rename that for all the channels. It did the trick for me.

Thanks!!! I just edited one of the channels in the MythBackend to just have the channel number listed as "3" instead of "3 GOLF" and it worked!!!

My only question now is what is different about using the myth:// style vs. the Live TV option where one handles that with no problem and the other doesn't.

If I want to fix this, I will have to edit some 800 channels.

- Mark

- robweber - 2011-10-23

Weatherman Wrote:Thanks!!! I just edited one of the channels in the MythBackend to just have the channel number listed as "3" instead of "3 GOLF" and it worked!!!

My only question now is what is different about using the myth:// style vs. the Live TV option where one handles that with no problem and the other doesn't.

- Mark

I believe in mythtv you can have a channel# and a callsign. The channel number should be a number only, while for the callsign you can have the station info. So you can still have the GOLF, ABC, NBC, etc in that area.

Take a look at this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=911846&postcount=85 it explains the behavior you are seeing. The XBMC PVR expects the channel # to be an integer only, not a string like myth lets you use. It looks like you may end up editing all 800 Channels. You could probably write some SQL to update the DB for you though, something along the lines of splitting the string on the space between the number and the station and then storing the number back into the field while moving the station info the callsign field.

- ericminou - 2011-10-23

Weatherman Wrote:Thanks!!! I just edited one of the channels in the MythBackend to just have the channel number listed as "3" instead of "3 GOLF" and it worked!!!

- Mark

800 channels ShockedShocked I have 8 Smile I cancelled my Cable many years ago...

- tsp42 - 2011-10-23

- Mark

Hi Mark
I intent to fix the code soon so that you don't have to edit all 800 channels. Just give me a week or so.

- Weatherman - 2011-10-24

tsp42 Wrote:Hi Mark
I intent to fix the code soon so that you don't have to edit all 800 channels. Just give me a week or so.

Thanks, tsp42! I appreciate it!

I manually edited a group of channels just so I can do more testing.

Should the channel icons be displayed at this point in time? I only ask because I don't see them (very minor cosmetic thing). I have also seen sporadic cases where the "Now" EPG on the guide for certain channels shows nothing. I have yet to track down a pattern, but will post more once I have additional information.

Thanks again! :o

- Mark

- fiveisalive - 2011-10-24

Weatherman Wrote:Thanks, tsp42! I appreciate it!

I manually edited a group of channels just so I can do more testing.

Should the channel icons be displayed at this point in time? I only ask because I don't see them (very minor cosmetic thing). I have also seen sporadic cases where the "Now" EPG on the guide for certain channels shows nothing. I have yet to track down a pattern, but will post more once I have additional information.

Thanks again! :o

- Mark

The channel icons that I I had set in mythtv worked for me in the PVR. I had manually configured them for each channel in the mythweb/mythtvsetup backend. Looking at the Epg5.db it seems that it stores the full path to each icon.

- robweber - 2011-10-24

fiveisalive Wrote:The channel icons that I I had set in mythtv worked for me in the PVR. I had manually configured them for each channel in the mythweb/mythtvsetup backend. Looking at the Epg5.db it seems that it stores the full path to each icon.

Good to know! Can't say I've ever taken the time to do this. I'll have to try it out.

- glst0rm - 2011-10-25

First off - GREAT work. I've been trying every possible combination of XBMC PVR add-on and backend. This hold so much promise.

Would it be possible to compile and run this for Ubuntu 8.04? I'd like to run the Crystalbuntu build of Hardy Heron. This build is optimized for the Apple TV (first gen) and runs XBMC very nicely. I'm trying to make this all work on an Apple TV (first gen) with CrystalHD card installed.

I'm able to compile, run, and *almost* play live tv with tsp-xbmc on Ubuntu 10.10 on my AppleTV. I'm having sound driver issues which are holding me back.

Thanks for your help!

Steven

- Jimmer - 2011-10-25

glst0rm Wrote:First off - GREAT work. I've been trying every possible combination of XBMC PVR add-on and backend. This hold so much promise.

Would it be possible to compile and run this for Ubuntu 8.04? I'd like to run the Crystalbuntu build of Hardy Heron. This build is optimized for the Apple TV (first gen) and runs XBMC very nicely. I'm trying to make this all work on an Apple TV (first gen) with CrystalHD card installed.

I'm able to compile, run, and *almost* play live tv with tsp-xbmc on Ubuntu 10.10 on my AppleTV. I'm having sound driver issues which are holding me back.

Thanks for your help!

Steven

Yeah, it's totally possible. I run it on my atv running 8.04..... tsp's mythc addon, crystalhd card, mysql shared library with my other xbmc client. All works (for the most part) with no problems on hardy. And to be honest, any problems I've had recently on the atv have been on my non-atv build as well, so you've just got to get all the dependancies on your atv build (or virtual machine running hardy) - including the one's you have to build from source (apt won't have all the newer one's you need)

Jimmer

- Weatherman - 2011-10-25

fiveisalive Wrote:The channel icons that I I had set in mythtv worked for me in the PVR. I had manually configured them for each channel in the mythweb/mythtvsetup backend. Looking at the Epg5.db it seems that it stores the full path to each icon.

I do see the path for the icons using phpmyadmin on the Myth database.

It has them listed like this:

/home/markh/.mythtv/channels/fx_us.jpg

I'm guessing maybe something to do with the relative path when using the PVR plugin. Using MYTH:// doesn't display the channel icons, either. I only see them when using MythTV itself.

Just thought I would note that - and if it is something I need to update on my database, I can do that.

- Mark

- therealrocket - 2011-10-26

Weatherman Wrote:I do see the path for the icons using phpmyadmin on the Myth database.

It has them listed like this:

/home/markh/.mythtv/channels/fx_us.jpg

I'm guessing maybe something to do with the relative path when using the PVR plugin. Using MYTH:// doesn't display the channel icons, either. I only see them when using MythTV itself.

Just thought I would note that - and if it is something I need to update on my database, I can do that.

- Mark

Mark: Could it be that XBMC runs as a user other than markh? If so then you might need to give the xbmc user permission to access those files.

To tsp and everyone helping out - incredibly impressive work guys, it works really well. I don't use mythfrontend anymore Smile just give you an idea how good this addon is Smile

- Weatherman - 2011-10-26

therealrocket Wrote:Mark: Could it be that XBMC runs as a user other than markh? If so then you might need to give the xbmc user permission to access those files.

To tsp and everyone helping out - incredibly impressive work guys, it works really well. I don't use mythfrontend anymore Smile just give you an idea how good this addon is Smile

They are on different physical systems. I have (2) XBMC front ends that will connect to my MythBuntu VM.

I pulled the path information from the mysql database on Mythbuntu. The icons don't appear to be "in" the database, but there is a link to them.

- Mark