Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-11-24

@teeedubb, Yes sometimes 2 or 3 sec. How long time before for you ?

So typically 3 sec. My 1 sec is for few SD channels.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 00:56)teeedubb Wrote: Thanks, Ive now found it. Demuxing mpegts is working with gotham + 0.27 + dvb-t mpeg2(australia). Channel change time is greatly improved, now they are about 3-4 secs.

Quote: Channel switch duration is around 1 sec (depends of your configuration)

Are there any settings you can recommend in xbmc/mythtv to reduce change times?

Thanks teeedubb. Good news, in Australia that's run too.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - teeedubb - 2013-11-24

(2013-11-24, 01:27)janbar Wrote: @teeedubb, Yes sometimes 2 or 3 sec. How long time before for you ?

So typically 3 sec. My 1 sec is for few SD channels.

yeah its about 2-4 seconds for all channels, but my testing is just counting, not very precise Smile
Ill have a look at my mythtv settings and see if quick tuning helps, but nonetheless its a great improvement, thanks for your work.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - killachaos - 2013-11-24

I've been trying to setup XBMC with Mythtv for the past couple days and I can't seem to get XBMC to recognize MythTV. I keep getting the error:

I am on OS X 10.7 (Lion) Using XBMC Frodo:

Code:
18:24:14 T:140735219620192    INFO: AquireSession - Aquired new MythTV session for myth://localhost/: 0x10fff81a0
18:24:14 T:140735219620192   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 77
18:24:14 T:140735219620192   ERROR: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: failed to connect with any version
18:24:14 T:140735219620192   ERROR: GetControl - unable to connect to server on localhost:6543
18:24:14 T:140735219620192   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting myth://root:password@localhost/
18:24:14 T:140735219620192   DEBUG: ReleaseSession - Releasing MythTV session: 0x10fff81a0

Here is what I've done so far:
I also tried the latest monthly Gotham and no dice. Am I still missing something?

Edit: Nvm realized the instructions on the wiki are old, I was trying to add it as a myth:// source.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - flitter2009 - 2013-12-09

Hi

I've just upgraded to the latest monthly and i'm receiving this error

ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'MythTV cmyth PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.0', add-on API version '1.8.1'

I read in an earlier post that I need to recompile from the master branch - i've done this and i'm still receiving the error after a reinstall.

What's the latest version number? I have 1.8.12 when I recompile.

Thanks again for everyone's work!

[edit]
Actually I find I only get a 1.7 version what I compile from git://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons.git - when I use the ubuntu Saucy package I get 1.8.12.

Which is the right package to get support for the 1.9 API?
[/edit]

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-12-09

@flitter2009

The last number is 1.9.14 for Gotham ! and 1.6.13 for Frodo. Maybe you need to refresh your local copy using git pull.
Also before make it, you have to clean and then make the zip:

git fetch origin
git pull
make clean
make zip

Nota: Copying only the binary is not enougth. So make zip and unzip it into ~/.xbmc/addons/

Short method to compile only mythtv-cmyth:

make clean ;
cd lib/cmyth ; make ; cd ../..
cd addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth ; make zip ; cd ../..

*the zip can be found in addons folder and the name depends of your Arch.

Regards

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - flitter2009 - 2013-12-09

Thanks - it's working now. Strange - the 'install from ZIP file' method in XBMC doesn't seem to install it correctly even though the debug log shows no errors. Unzipping manually to ~/.xbmc/addons worked though.

I don't suppose there's any update on playback from a slave backend is there?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Aubrien - 2013-12-14

I am running Gotham nightlies and I recently upgraded to a 0.27 backend. I noticed that if you delete and attempt to re-download the channel icons from the backend that it creates 0 byte files instead of pulling the images as it used to. I noticed that other users are seeing this too but they opened a new thread instead of posting here. See below...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176980

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-12-15

@Aubrien,

Currently i am working to resolve this issue. Since 0.27 a new storage group exists to store icon. Also if you update icon path in mythtv-setup using full path it will work again. But you can wait my change to resolve it.

Regards

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-12-15

@Aubrien, fixed with PR https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/161

But you have to delete icon files cached in ".xbmc/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/cache/channels/" to force reload after patch is applied.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Artebonz - 2013-12-22

(2013-12-09, 23:10)flitter2009 Wrote: I don't suppose there's any update on playback from a slave backend is there?

I'm unable to play recordings made by a slave backend. Is this possible at this time? I can play them w/mythtv but not xbmc w/the pvr-addon. I can play the recordings made on the master backend withouth problem. Also, I've noticed that the preview image for the recordings made on a slave backend are not there either. I'd love to get this working.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2013-12-23

All OSX users,

There is some issues with "how to build from source" for OSX. For instance users have to hack their os to build it and some libraries could missed or incompatible and XBMC could crash. I building a toolchain to avoid this situation and to link addon statically with depends. Soon i update to Wiki and publish this tool.

@Artebonz, I have to install a slave for testing. I will let you know

(2013-11-24, 04:32)killachaos Wrote: I've been trying to setup XBMC with Mythtv for the past couple days and I can't seem to get XBMC to recognize MythTV. I keep getting the error:

I am on OS X 10.7 (Lion) Using XBMC ...

Hi, today i will update the wiki to explain how to build the addon with a tool chain. The new procedure is more simple and doesn ´t require to install Mac port or to hack your mac. Only Xcode and git are required and these tools are installable with graphical interface. I let you know.

Mac user, @killachaos,

I updated the wiki page to include right procedure to build addon from source with OSX. If you need to build it please check link http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR/Backend/MythTV/BuildFromSource#Build_MythTV_addon_on_OSX .
If you have already made using old procedure, i recommend to rebuild your addon using the new. Now addon is linked statically with required libraries (mysql & boost) and required tools (autoconf & automake) , all included with the tool chain. No more need to hack your Mac by adding external libraries and Mac port as before.

Regards

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Artebonz - 2013-12-24

(2013-12-23, 12:39)janbar Wrote: @Artebonz, I have to install a slave for testing. I will let you know

Thanks janbar, if I can help I'll certainly try.