Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - scavenge - 2014-01-05

Hi all
Very new here and struggling a bit.
Working on OS X 10.9.1
Got Myth TV working eventually (took a while tracking down the timezone issue)
Installed xbmc .27
Realized the MythTV add-on in repository isn't compatible.
Installed xcode, git, built latest frodo add-on as best I could following Janbar's instructions above (many thanks)
Copied the new add-on directory into the addons directory

Tried to enable it in XBMC and it errors saying it can't connect to backend.

XBMC log says:
09:33:24 T:2957119488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: asked for version 8, got version 77
09:33:24 T:2957119488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: LibCMyth: (cmyth)cmyth_conn_connect: failed to connect with any version
09:33:24 T:2957119488 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV cmyth PVR Client: Failed to connect to backend
09:33:24 T:2957119488 ERROR: PVR - couldn't get the capabilities for add-on 'unknown'. Please contact the developer of this add-on: Christian Fetzer, Jean-Luc Barrière, Tonny Petersen

Did I miss something installing the newly built add-on?
Is it enough to just copy the newly built pvr.mythtv.cmyth folder into xbmc addons folder?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong thread.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2014-01-07

@scavenge

Hi, i think your log was made by old addon and not the new. Probably the new one was not loaded by xbmc. Please could you return the result of "ls -l" in the folder: $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/

The result should be:

iMac:~ jlb$ cd /Users/jlb/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/
iMac:pvr.mythtv.cmyth jlb$ ls -l
total 5312
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jlb staff 2623840 24 déc 11:03 XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 15127 24 déc 11:03 addon.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 15126 24 déc 11:03 addon.xml.in
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 4085 24 déc 11:03 changelog.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 54653 24 déc 11:03 icon.png
drwxr-xr-x 4 jlb staff 136 24 déc 11:03 resources
iMac:pvr.mythtv.cmyth jlb$

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - scavenge - 2014-01-07

(2014-01-07, 01:16)janbar Wrote: @scavenge

Hi, i think your log was made by old addon and not the new. Probably the new one was not loaded by xbmc. Please could you return the result of "ls -l" in the folder: $HOME/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/

The result should be:

iMac:~ jlb$ cd /Users/jlb/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/
iMac:pvr.mythtv.cmyth jlb$ ls -l
total 5312
-rwxr-xr-x 1 jlb staff 2623840 24 déc 11:03 XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 15127 24 déc 11:03 addon.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 15126 24 déc 11:03 addon.xml.in
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 4085 24 déc 11:03 changelog.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 jlb staff 54653 24 déc 11:03 icon.png
drwxr-xr-x 4 jlb staff 136 24 déc 11:03 resources
iMac:pvr.mythtv.cmyth jlb$

Hi Janbar

Thanks for your reply. Here's what I get:

total 1688
-rw-r--r-- 1 alshtpc staff 768028 Jan 5 08:48 XBMC_MythTV_cmyth.pvr
-rw-r--r-- 1 alshtpc staff 14810 Jan 5 08:48 addon.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 alshtpc staff 14809 Jan 5 08:48 addon.xml.in
-rw-r--r-- 1 alshtpc staff 1140 Jan 5 08:48 changelog.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 alshtpc staff 54653 Jan 5 08:48 icon.png
drwxr-xr-x 4 alshtpc staff 136 Jan 5 08:48 resources

Can I just delete what's in there and copy in the new one?
I'm copying in from /src/xbmc-pvr-toolchain-osx/xbmc-pvr-addons/addons/ is that the right place to copy from?
My apologies if I'm missing something obvious...

FYI, I tried the build process again and the last few lines in terminal were:

configure: WARNING: pkg-config was not found on your system. external ffmpeg will be disabled
./configure: line 14705: syntax error near unexpected token `FFMPEG,'
./configure: line 14705: ` PKG_CHECK_MODULES(FFMPEG, libavcodec,'
make[1]: *** [pvr.mythtv.cmyth] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is "Error 2" a problem?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allan87 - 2014-01-07

I just noticed these posts - I have been using the built-in myth plugin with Gotham alpha (OS X and Raspberry Pi) for months, most recently .27 and previously .26 and .25. No compiling anything.

Are you sure it isn't your backend configuration that is the problem? One potential bugaboo in the labyrinthine and incomprehensible backend settings is that the host setting has to be the actual IP address, not the default loclhost (127.0.0.1).

@scavenge, @allan87,

Ok, i found. I missed to include source of pkg-config in the toolchain. I had it already in my local path. So i added it and testing again the toolchain. Few minutes...

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - scavenge - 2014-01-07

Hi Allan87

Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify, when you say "host setting" do you mean in the xbmc add-in's configuration?
If so, does the plugin need a specific IP even if backend and frontend are on the same machine?
Will 127.0.0.1 not work if I'm actually trying to connect to the localhost (I've tried using the network hostname and that didn't make any difference).

Is the default myth add-on in Gotham different from the one that comes with Frodo?

The Myth install seems to be working fine. I can use it to watch TV, schedule recording etc. etc. I had some issues setting up the SQL but they seem to be resolved now.

@janbar ... thanks, I'll try again this evening

@scavenge, @allan87,

That should be OK now. I pushed new commit to the tool chain. So you have to go in the tool chain path "xbmc-pvr-toolchain-osx" and then type:
make distclean
git fetch
git pull

Then you can process again by "make".
Once made, the folder pvr.mythtv.cmyth is in the root path of the tool chain: $HOME/src/xbmc-pvr-toolchain-osx/pvr.mythtv.cmyth .
It is not clear in the wiki and i will update it.

Regards.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allan87 - 2014-01-07

Quote:Is the default myth add-on in Gotham different from the one that comes with Frodo?
Yes, the gotham add-on is much newer.
Quote:Just to clarify, when you say "host setting" do you mean in the xbmc add-in's configuration?
No, on the backend.
Quote:If so, does the plugin need a specific IP even if backend and frontend are on the same machine?
I don't know. The IP is definitely required in both the backend and addon settings if they are on different machines.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2014-01-08

In my opinion, if you can compile last addon from source, it is better. Because last patches are not included in xbmc nightly and rarely in frodo build. That is the reason we try to share tools to build it easily.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2014-01-08

I missed, please let me know if tool chain run now. SInce osx 10.8, this is the only way to build addon yourself and i will maintain this tool for future release. Thanks for your feedback.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - scavenge - 2014-01-08

@allan87
thanks

@janbar, many thanks for updating
I re-built last night and everything seemed to go well with the build.
I didn't have much time last night alas so I couldn't quite get the new add-on working.
I copied the new cmyth add-on folder into the xbmc install's add-on directory but then when I went to enable the add-on in xbmc setting the myth add-on was no longer listed. Is there something I need to do to register the new add-on with xbmc?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allan87 - 2014-01-08

delete addons.db from database folder and reboot.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - scavenge - 2014-01-13

@allan87
Thanks but I still cant get XBMC to recognize the new addon
I couldn't find addons.db but I did find addons15.db in ..\library\application support\XBMC\userdata\database\ ... I deleted that and rebooted but XBMC still doesn't list the new cmyth add-on in its PVR addons list

As above the new addon build seemed to go without any errors and the cmyth addon folder appeared where expected (I just copied it into ..\library\application support\XBMC\addons\xbmc-pvr-addons\addons\ )

I also tried adding the addon as a zip (by just zipping the new pvr.mythtv.cmyth folder) but that said the structure of the zip was wrong. Do I need to zip a higher up folder in the toolchain?

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - allan87 - 2014-01-13

Seriously. Don't waste time building and trying to install without first trying a recent gotham build, without adding unnecessary complications to your efforts. It is prebuilt, preinstalled, and works well. You can try building it yourself later, after you have it working, if you feel like it.

RE: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - janbar - 2014-01-14

@scavenge

You have put in the bad folder. It should be in (your home folder)/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/ . Only in this one !

pwd
/Users/jlb/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons