Kodi Community Forum
New MythTV add-on using libcmyth - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: PVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+---- Thread: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth (/showthread.php?tid=110694)

- tsp42 - 2011-12-03

snowdogging: My addon only supports MythTV upto version 0.24.1. It looks like the version you are using is newer than that (protocol version 70).

amducious: It should be as simple as downloading and installing the version of xbmc from the first post. I haven't updated the link yet so please be patient until I've fixed that.

- snowdogging - 2011-12-04

That's what I was afraid of. 0.24.1 crashes for me with multiplex errors. Those issues have all been fixed in the master branch but it may be a year before .25 is released. Anyway that I can trick xbmc to think its a different protocol version than it is so it tries to connect?

- tgm4883 - 2011-12-04

Talking to some of the MythTV devs, they would be surprised if there isn't a 0.25 release by April 2012

- tsp42 - 2011-12-04

The windows build has been updated. See the first post for the link.

repo updated with more stability fixes and a proper fix for broken recordings/subfolders in the recordings view.

snowdogging: No that wouldn't work as we will have to add support in libcmyth for the new changes in version 0.25.

- amducious - 2011-12-04

I just downloaded/installed the windows build you just put up and I keep getting an error while trying to run it.

the program can't start because MSVCP100D.dll is missing from you computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Just to make sure I did reinstall xbmc and I get the same thing I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm running windows 7 32bit

- tsp42 - 2011-12-04

amducious: I've updated the download link with a version that should work without the debug runtime(MSVCP100D.dll)

- Begall - 2011-12-08

Does this need to be downloaded as one complete package for Linux? Cos I tried the instructions linked in the OP and it failed!

edit: Specifically a couple of the dependencies aren't found and then on the ./bootstrap step it does nothing.

- tgm4883 - 2011-12-08

Begall Wrote:Does this need to be downloaded as one complete package for Linux? Cos I tried the instructions linked in the OP and it failed!

edit: Specifically a couple of the dependencies aren't found and then on the ./bootstrap step it does nothing.

The only issue I had with the dependencies was for (IIRC) libasound-dev, which I then didn't install. The rest of the instructions worked for me.

- Jimmer - 2011-12-08

tsp:

don't know if you've checked out the thread on magro's build, but since he incorporated your ffmpeg changes from the myth guys his users have had iplayer sound problems. I have also experienced these (and also with the 4od plugin) with your branch since as well. Reverting to a build prior to the ffmpeg changes solves the problem.... thought you'd want to know....

Jim

- opteron123 - 2011-12-08

Hi long time listener first time caller,

First off AWESOME JOB on the plugin, I can't believe how far its come these past couple of months.

My Linux skills are mediocre, and my programming skills are even less but if there is any way can help....

I originally just want to say awesome plugin, but thought I might mention that since the latest git pull, it looks like XBMC is having trouble with AAC+ codec since I found Navi-X shoutcast won't play AAC streams, but will MP3 streams.

Anyway hope that helps, or i should just probably shutup and enjoy.

Anyway, greetings from OZ!

- tsp42 - 2011-12-08

Jimmer: Thanks I haven't seen the post before about the problem. I will see if I can do anything about it.

opteron123: It is probable caused by the ffmpeg AAC patch mentioned above. I will try to find some AAC+ files to test against.

- dodoadoodoo - 2011-12-09

tsp42 Wrote:opteron123: It is probable caused by the ffmpeg AAC patch mentioned above. I will try to find some AAC+ files to test against.

I have seen a similar (the same?) problem (no audio) when watching The Bold and the Beautiful on CBS using FreeCable. Used to work fine before the AAC patch.

/D

- wisenuts - 2011-12-11

first of WOW! amazing work! I have been checking in on this from time to time for the last couple months or so. I finally made the leap and installed this on my main HTPC and I am very happy!

I am running this on 10.4. No problems at all configure or make. Good instructions.

I do notice some 'stuttering' when the live tv is in 'windowed' mode, but when I go full screen that goes away.

If there is anything you could use (logs,test,coffee let me know!)

Keep up the good work. This is the solution I've been looking for.

- tsp42 - 2011-12-12

wisenuts: Sounds like it is not directly related to the add-on as it doesn't care/know about full screen or window mode. Maybe there is something wrong the the video acceleration (nvidia/intel/AMD)?

- tsp42 - 2011-12-12

I think I have fixed the aac bug. I've also merged the latest changes from xbmc PVR. This should help a lot on stability and hopeful also on the EPG issues. So feel free to git pull (or download the windows build from the first post if you use windows)